Options
1198199200201202204»

Comments

• fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    furndire wrote: »
    Is it just me, or are others unable to reply to the above post.

yep, you have to reply or post on the link she gives..

Full info: read a full detailed explanation & discussion on this skimlinks trial page.
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• bargainhuntergal
    bargainhuntergal Posts: 1,774 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 13 August 2010 at 7:53PM
    Options
    xjennax wrote: »
    I'm confused as to how it would cause mayhem ....?

I've seen some less experienced members (not necessarily people with not many posts, just people that aren't used to the comps part of the forum) think they've found a dupe and post as such but from the posts that follow you can see it's not a dupe it's just that either all the sites in a group are running the same one or another completely different site had the exact same prize.

I basically just meant, unless it was like the 'Expired' button which took a certain amount of clicks to expire, then it could cause more work for the BG's (if it was pressed in error and not noted on the thread that the button had been pressed so it could be 'unduped' like the unexpired button after the expired one has been clicked) and not less, as I'd assume that it would be just as a way of better notification for the BG's (I'm not sure how you'd be able to link the two (or more) posts and have them merge automatically like with the expired button when it just goes into 'Game Over' when enough clicks have been done)

Plus, there's always the odd person (very, very few people though) out there who are determined to cause havoc deliberately!

I hope that makes sense, and anyways this it doesn't really mean anything unless it's something that MSE are thinking of implementing along with the 'Entered' button. :o
  • xjennax
    xjennax Posts: 246 Forumite
    Options
    Oh I must not have read write I thought people were saying that the proposed "Entered" button would cause havoc! Sorry :) understand now!
    Wins so far - Numerous Glamour and Rimmel Goodies, 4 tickets to T4OTB, Tiling Tools and Paintbrush, Dova Spa Facial, 5 Tickets to Lynx Allnighter (Halloween party)

Thanks to all posters on MSE :T
  • One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,678 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Skimlinks Update.

The original post of the thread HERE has been updated with a couple of points particularly relevant to us :-

c. Competitions Board

Some people have been worried that these links could stop people being allowed to enter competitions, because it is being tracked.

This is highly unlikely, as frankly they know where you're coming from anyway (google analytics and other standard software they will have track this). Plus links are only changed if skimlinks has a relationship with the company in which case again it's unlikely to be a problem as competitions and referrals are given to try and bring traffic in anyway.

Yet, of course, we will monitor it. If there is any practical impact on people's MoneySaving then we will look to protect that. However there have been no reports of it actually happening that we know of (please keep us informed).

d. Opt out

We are currently looking at whether it would be possible to introduce an opt out for any registered users if we do go ahead with after the trial. It looks likely, though we're not there yet.

While we'd hope if we choose to do this people won't opt out, as the increased resources amongst other things will allow us to improve the forum. But, if that's what people want, we will try and provide it (if it's possible).
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Re the skimlinks, does anyone know whether you can avoid it by c&p the link to the comp
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • Amilucky?
    Amilucky? Posts: 13,790 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Re the skimlinks, does anyone know whether you can avoid it by c&p the link to the comp

Skimlinks only works when you click on a link ;)

Best of Luck :)
  • cornishpasty1
    cornishpasty1 Posts: 27,908 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    divadee wrote: »
    Please post any questions, tips and discussions about anything comp related in this thread.

I was wondering if anyone else is having the same thing happening as me? On the threads I subscribe to, I have clicked the option for instant email notification, and generally this has worked very well. Over the last 2/3 days I have noticed that I haven't been receiving email notifications when things have been added to the threads. Is this happening to everyone, or could someone let me know who to contact (techie person) to work the problem out.

Thanks in advance for any help :A
    #StaySafe
    Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy New Year
  • purplecatlover
    Options
    cornish i hve had less notifications than normal, but havent noted if its because ive only had one for each thread, like this one i only had one email this morning yet there are more than 5 posts since i was last here yesterday and normally i would have had a notification for each reply.
  • divadee
    divadee Posts: 10,609 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    a new discussion thread has been opened here.

Many Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport