🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Competitions Discussion Thread Part 11

Options

Comments

• nanto3girls
    nanto3girls Posts: 5,952 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    That's Life Issue 33 is up and running now.
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    That's Life Issue 33 is up and running now.

thanks nan2 :A
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• furndire
    furndire Posts: 7,308 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does it not bother people that the links they are copying to do comps are redirecting them as a referal link through MSE? Did you know that its changing your links - please read the post on - We are currently trialling 'Skimlinks' software. Click for full info on how this affects the forum - Its the pink box (hopefully on the right hand side of the home page.
    If we don't let them know - a heck of the comps will lead companies straight back here - how long before they start to disqualify us, as answers are posted on here.
  • Jennifer_Yellow_Hat
    Options
    F.I.O....Pick me Up Issue 33

The puzzlesandprizes
    http://www.puzzlesandprizes.co.uk/

site have mixed up the online entires for Chat & Pick me Up this week, they've put the picture on for pick me up but when you log in it's Chat EF, have emailed them but not sure if/when they'll get back, can anyone reply to this if they see the new form open for Pick me Up 33
    please so's can put comp on :)

Hi Korky, Pick me up appears to be in the right place now! :)
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Korky, Pick me up appears to be in the right place now! :)

Hiya, thanks, but they've now put the wrong issue Pick me Up on it :(
    the comp page needs to be reading for the first competition

Win a Family Holiday with Chocolate Weetabix

& the page front is

th_img012.jpg?t=1281630419

please don't enter as you'll be putting the answers in the incorrect page :(
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    furndire wrote: »
    Does it not bother people that the links they are copying to do comps are redirecting them as a referal link through MSE? Did you know that its changing your links - please read the post on - We are currently trialling 'Skimlinks' software. Click for full info on how this affects the forum - Its the pink box (hopefully on the right hand side of the home page.
    If we don't let them know - a heck of the comps will lead companies straight back here - how long before they start to disqualify us, as answers are posted on here.

I totally agree and have already complained. It is also making some links malfunction such as in http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2657411

The thread on Skimlinks is HERE , and you can post comments there.
  • xjennax
    xjennax Posts: 246 Forumite
    Options
    Amilucky? wrote: »
    I think that it's a great idea but if it where to be implemented maybe it should only be made available to senior MSE'rs ie those who have 4 stars/medals + as it could be open to abuse ;)

What sort of abuse?
    Wins so far - Numerous Glamour and Rimmel Goodies, 4 tickets to T4OTB, Tiling Tools and Paintbrush, Dova Spa Facial, 5 Tickets to Lynx Allnighter (Halloween party)

Thanks to all posters on MSE :T
  • princessmoneysaver
    Options
    I really don't get this whole skimlinks thing, will it affect competitions/allow websites to see where we are entering the comps from anymore than it usually does? I feel the answer to this is no but I could be wrong???
    2023 wins - Rice Krispies, Avene Micellar Gel, Barbie Toy, £20 Apple Gift Card, KFC 6 piece bargain bucket, Chloe Nomade perfume, Barbie Toy (second one), Sanctuary Spa Sleep Balm, E45 Moisturising Lotion, Trolls Hamper, 12 Tonie Characters, Sure deodorant, Good Home Utensil holder, £5 Costa Gift Card, Neutrogena Micellar Jelly, Soap & Glory Mascara, Persil capsules,  
  • xjennax
    xjennax Posts: 246 Forumite
    Options
    Ohhh have a parcel waiting for me at local Royal Mail office as it wouldn't fit through my letterbox - haven't ordered anything so hoping it is a win :) Will keep you all posted xx
    Wins so far - Numerous Glamour and Rimmel Goodies, 4 tickets to T4OTB, Tiling Tools and Paintbrush, Dova Spa Facial, 5 Tickets to Lynx Allnighter (Halloween party)

Thanks to all posters on MSE :T
  • furndire
    furndire Posts: 7,308 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 August 2010 at 9:34PM
    Options
    I really don't get this whole skimlinks thing, will it affect competitions/allow websites to see where we are entering the comps from anymore than it usually does? I feel the answer to this is no but I could be wrong???

I would like to have the option of not going through links - as the referral links seem to work now, its difficult to work out just where the comp is from, especially when clickys are used.
    If you right mouse click on the link, and then click properties you will see what I mean. This is just one of them

Here's one,

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2645689&highlight=habitat

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/redir/5d857493?id=3196X602032&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.money savingexpert.com%2Fredir%2F5d857493%3Fid%3D3196X60 2032%2!!!!%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.habitat.co.uk% 252Ffcp%252Fcontent%252Femail-signup%252Fcontent
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport