Royles Wedding Dresser, Northwich

Options
14567810»

Comments

• frannyann
    frannyann Posts: 10,970 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    As this is the MSE forum whould anybody be able to advise Brides-to-be what their options are? If they are lucky enough to be getting married later in the year would they be better off waiting until March when more information is available? It seems that the "its them or nothing" alternative may have some people anxious. Any advice for those in the very near future? Just more info might be good for all concerned.

It seems that in all the who-did-what-to-who and breaking of the ideals of the site that they have been forgotten.

Dan, my 'gut feeling' is that if it is possible to wait then that would be the best option. As the moment many couples will be desperate to get
    'dressing' for the venue sorted. Which means any money saving will be secondary, however by waiting I will imagine companies in neighbouring areas will move into the market, creating some level of competiton. I would also be inclined to spread the differing parts of the 'dressing' across different companies, ie flowers from one place, chair chovers from another and table dec's from another. This means if one company is to fail it would mean arranging everything from scratch.
    :rotfl:Ahahah got my signature removed for claiming MSE thought it was too boring :rotfl:
  • wordwizard
    wordwizard Posts: 167 Forumite
    edited 14 February 2010 at 6:56PM
    Options
    I feel for everyone who has been let down. I had my wedding in August 2009 and have been trying to get back my £100 deposit bond since the beginning of October 2009 without any success (the contract states it would take bout 6 weeks after the wedding to be refunded) I had a phone call with staff at first but then they did not take any phone calls, return any voicemails, reply to letters sent recorded delivery. I too thought about visiting the premises because it is apporx 1/2 hr away from me but since its all intercom entry i did not bother wasting my petrol. I spoke with my local trading standards who where very helpful. I am now in the process of trying to claim through my credit card (used at booking + payment) who have been helpful. If you need to claim act fast though! I took out wedding insurance but did not want to lose paying my excess. I feel so frustrated though, they take our hard earned money then dont even phone to explain - personally i feel they are cowards!!!

I know it is no comfort for brides to be as I have had my wedding but I all I can say is try to claim through your insurance/credit card company as soon as possible and make sure you contact trading standards as they can keep a log of all the people effected and help us. It may also be an idea to let your wedding venues know about Royles if you were due to use them as they may have other brides expecting them to turn up on their day - us brides have to stick together in the face of selfish company that dont comminucate! I'm sure that if they had some notice it would have helped some. For brides to be, remember although this is tramatic and not what you want before your wedding, you will be able to have another company provide the service and its not worth stressing and runing your wedding for - good luck everyone xx

As for Royles former owner - it is wrong for your address to have been posted on the forum and I don't agree with that course of action but dont you think it would have been better to spend time contacting brides to be rather than posting your comments threatening legal action against people on here!
  • floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    Options
    .... why would other uses tell UPSET MOTHER and the other people who have posted this address to take it down because they know the implications of what might happen....

I reported that particular post as inappropriate because it breaks the rules of the forum - which if I read them again, you may well be doing with your comments.
    .... I agree that this thread needs closing now and should be left for the official people to deal with.

Exactly what I asked for 24 hours ago, BEFORE your next posts.
    floss2 wrote: »
    Can we all let this go now? Both sides have had their say & nothing further can be gained from continuing the sniping & backbiting.

Methinks that you are doing your reputation more harm than good now - please take your own advice and move on.
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    As this is the MSE forum whould anybody be able to advise Brides-to-be what their options are? If they are lucky enough to be getting married later in the year would they be better off waiting until March when more information is available? It seems that the "its them or nothing" alternative may have some people anxious. Any advice for those in the very near future? Just more info might be good for all concerned.

It seems that in all the who-did-what-to-who and breaking of the ideals of the site that they have been forgotten.

I would advise B2Bs who have booked with Royles to speak to their insurance companies (that's what wedding insurance is for). I would also be speaking to trading standards about the company and what can be done to recoup money if anything, I don't think that they should be forced to use UK Weddings because this appears to be the only option foisted upon them by Royles.

If brides are getting married later in the year then I would advise that rather than piling their eggs into one basket that they use separate companies for various elements of the wedding e.g. flowers from a florist, chaircovers and venue dressing from another, etc that way if something unfortunate should happen then it reduces the stress in having to source everything from scratch. My advice to those thinking of getting married now and in the future - always, always take out wedding insurance.
  • I think this thread has all gone terribley wrong ... as many people have posted, Roylesformerowner has obviously been wound up by the threats on her family and has gone on a posting rant. Wrong has been done on this forum, but as has been stated, the constant crossposting has tarred all forums with the same brush.

The simple fact of the matter is ... Royles have offered a way out, it may not be to everybodies likeing but (unless I am being stupid and ignorant) a chaircover is a chaircover ... whether it be supplied by Royles, UKWeddings or woolworths (sorry UKWeddings :() ... so can we just maybe all agree on the following ...
    • Royles have ceased trading
    • Royles passed their outstanding orders onto UK Weddings
    • Some posters have propogated the posting of personal information
    • That personal information has been removed from THIS forum with the support of most members
    • This witchunt must stop owing to the fact it has become personal
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    One person posted personal details which were removed, Roylesformerowner has done herself a disservice by posting a rant about threats against her person - none were made on this forum, she even named someone who isnt a member of this forum in that rant.

People have done their best to advise on a course of action to either get new chair covers or how to get their money back from Royles if at all possible. You may think that a chair cover is just a chair cover but getting married is a stressful business and chair covers although not important to some are important to others.
  • floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    Options
    Horace, thanks for your great words of advice - as considerate, sensible & thoughtful as you always are :)
  • Former_Bride
    Options
    Like Word Wizard, we also had extreme difficulties in obtaining our deposit back from Royles. In fact, our stories were almost identical - phone calls and e-mails answered initially, then voicemails and e-mails went ignored. Finally we raised it with the small claims court and nearly four months after our wedding we received our deposit back plus court costs.

I really feel for those other brides being let down. Good luck girls, hope you all manage to get something sorted for your big days.
  • mrsquick
    Options
    Firstly I would like to openly state that I am the former owner of Royles Venue Dressers. I would like to offer my apologies for any distress closing Royles has caused to any of our outstanding Customers but this was not personal as some people are portraying or done with any malice and was the only choice I had. I also want to highlight as a Mother and Wife myself I am utterly disgusted at what levels some people are prepared to go to. What I did was not personal in anyway, albeit I appreciate people are upset by the actions of the Company closing, it was not a decision I made to go out and personal hurt any single individual but what certain users are doing publishing my personal address is and has had very serious consequences. Their constant personal “Witch Hunt” and vendetta to myself and my family are disgusting and you know who you are and you should be ashamed of yourselves. You are in no position to judge me with what you are doing. You are claiming to be caring Mothers and people protecting their interests but by doing what you are doing publishing this address and inciting people to come and visit my home to terrorise my family is the lowest of the low. You have made this personal.

The Forum Chat Room rules state quite clearly that you are not permitted to copy content that does not belong to you (copyright) and that you should not post anything abusive, harassing or hateful or anything that invades anyone’s privacy!! Quite clearly not only do some users have no regard for the forum rules you are on and are using it for your own personal gain. I also wish to make it quite clear that those people will be facing prosecution and I have forwarded their names and addresses to the Police. As you see fit to publish my address all over a public Internet site I only see it fit that you be accountable for your actions, as all IP Addresses can be traced as you are inciting and causing the harassment and trauma of my family and friends. My daughter is not a grown woman in her own right, able to defend herself and at barely 5 years old is petrified to go to sleep at night in her own home because in her words “Naughty Men” are forcing their way in to her home. These people are nothing better than “Thugs” They are not doing this to help or be constructive to other Brides and their Families. If this had been a single incident where somebody had just lost perspective and temper temporarily then it could be put down to upset but quite clearly users such as UPSET MOTHER, MARYLOUTIM, DUKIE and JESS1478 should be removed from these forums as they are actually very sick individuals who are making it a personal vendetta. You should be ashamed to cause such harm to an innocent child and I have nothing but loathing for those people responsible. Each and every user who has encouraged and incited this is despicable. I will not tolerate my child and family or any former member of my staff being terrorised like this and will prosecute each and every person who oversteps the mark. Being upset about your Wedding is understandable but gets this in perspective; you have no right to do what you are doing.

I do not care that people do not agree with the course of action I took, I did what I believed was best at the time for the remaining Customers, My Staff and yes myself. It is very easy to judge when you are not sat in that position having to make those horrendous decisions and very easy to say what you would have done. I hope and pray that none of you will ever have to experience this as nobody wins in this situation!

I wish to thank MAYDOT who ever they are for showing some “Common Sense” in all this. Yes people are upset but the majority of people writing on these forums have weddings in the future and have not been “Scammed” or had money stolen from them as they are suggesting. I made a decision before filing for Bankruptcy to be a responsible owner and speak to other Venue Dressers to try and ensure all our forward orders were taken on with the least amount of disruption and distress for our Clients. As a consequence I could not make Customers aware of this until it was actually agreeable by both Companies. As MAYDOT stated it is not a decision any individual or owner makes lightly and I can verify that. This was more than just a job to me and I put years and years of my life in to this and you have no idea of the distress and upset it has caused to see all that work “go down the pan” and all the hurtful comments that have been posted as I am not an uncaring person and nor are my former staff, and did the best I could to ensure couples were not let down. I formed this Company to make a difference to the Wedding Industry. I wanted to bring pleasure to couples getting married by offering unique stylish products and a good service and for the best years of our trading Royles have always achieved that to the highest calibre which is why those people now condemning Royles came to us in the first place. I am proud of each and every member of my staff who have stood by me during this time with their loyalty and have always tried to be as honest as we could be with people but with respect grow up and realise that no professional or Company is going to announce “By the way we are having difficulties and are probably having to close” We have been doing our utmost not to and sometimes life is not so simple!! If being responsible and caring enough to approach another Venue Dresser to ensure our Orders were fulfilled is not enough or we failed some Customers then all I say is sorry but that does not entitle you to go on this personal vendetta and “Witch Hunt” of my family.

I have discussed this matter at great lengths with Trading Standards, Insolvency Practitioners and have been told what I did in passing all outstanding orders to another Company was commendable as the majority of owners/companies would simply just “Cut and Run” which is not the case despite some users accusing us of that! I am continuously seeing people stating that we have stolen money and they have lost money. You have not lost your money as any monies paid to Royles have been transferred to the new venue dressers who are honouring this within the prices we quoted on your Booking. Also over 90% of people posting entries are future brides, they have not actually got married and so have not had a failed wedding nor have they lost their money! I do not take away the fact this must have caused anxiety I did every step to ensure that a company was at hand to deliver this and to reassure brides. Surely this is better than just walking away as others have suggested and leaving you to find your own supplier. What I am sure of is what ever course of action I had taken or which ever way I choose to close Royles would never have been good enough for some people - you can’t win! Do you really think I wanted to see my own Company fail and the consequences that will have on my family and personal circumstances!

Also the people who have seen fit to attack Peter of the UK Wedding Company again show their ignorance as this is a kind and generous person who is gaining very little financially by taking on our business but genuinely did not want to see couples let down and nor did we! I also wish to add that the UK Wedding Company were not the only Company we spoke to about the Orders but the difference was that the other Venue Dressers were only interested in profit margins and what immediate financial benefit they could gain by taking the orders on and the potential disappoint of a couple not having their wedding booking fulfilled did not even come in to the equation. That went against any morals for me and hence why we passed our business to the UK Wedding Company. This is a venue dresser some of you have seen fit to say has been offering help! This way I was able to offer some safety net to my remaining Customers. Had Bankruptcy been made by a Creditor all Customers would have been left high and dry and I would have been unable to do anything!

With regards to all Users who seem to think they understand the Law I contacted the relevant people immediately on 29th January and was told that the soonest the Courts can finalise the Bankruptcy was March due to the sheer volume of Bankruptcy’s and Company Closures! Does this not tell all of you just how many Companies are falling victim to the current economic Climate. As soon as a Receiver is appointed you will all be updated! As outlined on our website perhaps Customers should take on board the fact that Chair Covers used to be £5.00/£6.00 a cover to hire back in 2003/2004 and yet now go for around £1.99 - £2.50 because Customers are continuously pressurising Companies to lower their prices. This has consequences as it does with any business who is forced to deliver a professional service with little profit margins! Also all the “Big Boys” that pose as reputable Venue’s who don’t pay their bills can take a hand in the demise of Royles. They are quite happy to portray a squeaky clean image to yourselves and be quick to judge Royles and companies like ourselves but quite often have lots of underlying financial problems themselves that they force upon smaller companies! I hope they are proud of what they have done to contribute in this!

Please to all genuine Customers who are worried discuss your order with Peter and allow him to fulfil your Order as he is offering. There is nothing sinister in his intentions and I would be far more wary of all the other Venue Dressers out their trying to profit on peoples misery by asking you to book again with them! You are then paying out again rather than giving a decent company the opportunity to fulfil your order at no extra expense to yourselves.

I appeal to all the decent people on this site reading this to not encourage the sick individuals who feel it is “just” to terrorise a family and force their way into our home.
    To the Former royles owner,

Firstly i have to say that i am very disapointed and upset with you and your former company. My wedding was on the 29th of Jan and you never made any attempt to let me know so that i could make alternative arrangements. Infact the only way we managed to find out was by one of your formers employees calling our venue at 9:30pm the night before the wedding and actualy told us that you had informed them not to tell us. This is dispicable.

However i do not endorse people making personal threats against you and your family.

I do require your help now as i am struggling to get my insurance company to pay out. They have requested confirmation of your bankruptcy and there is nothing showing on the insolvency service.

I need to know the date in march when you believe this will go through? and also which court this will go through.

Im hoping that you will have enough of a conscience to let me know this information.

Please let me know as soon as possible as i am so far out of pocket by over £730 plus i had to pay several hundred pounds to get all of the flowers and table decorations at the very last minute.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure