Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    read the 1st post
  • Nessa64
    Options
    Fantastic! I have just listed a load of stuff on Ebay, and its always a shame to spend your hard-earned money on the padded envelopes, so these will do just perfect!
    Called 08456000690, option 1 and spoke to a nice gent there. Just made up a company name at my address, and had the choice of A3, A4 and A5 and as many bundles of 50 of each as needed. Are being sent out to me tomorrow by 2nd class post, just in time for my listings to end on Ebay!
    Thanks again!
  • AndyAndyAndy
    Options
    Hey guys,
    Great freebie but it'd be better if we could use a geographic landline to get them so they are even closer to free. The old 08457950950 number is royal mail customer services department for which the alternativ
    e is 01752387112. I couldn't find an alternative to the new 08456000690 number. Can anyone confirm that the landline works or find an alternative to the new number. No results come up on say no to 0870.com
    Cheers
  • AndyAndyAndy
    Options
    ok guys, just a quick update on the whole number thing. I have scoured the internet looking for an alternative to no avail so have put in a request under the freedom of information act for them to provide me with a geographic landline number as an alternative. They have the information therefore they have to supply it. Hopefully they won't be a pain and say there's a fee. I'll keep you updated as they have 20 days from reciept of my request (as it is electronic i assume a quick receipt, they have probably recieved it now but i will give them until tomorrow until the clock starts ticking) if not then i will be getting rather annoyed and might have to send them a nice grumpy email telling them that they are legally bound to supply the information =) my quick update turned out not so quick but hopefully i'll get a positive result
  • xdaisyx
    xdaisyx Posts: 485 Forumite
    Options
    AndyDent93 wrote: »
    ok guys, just a quick update on the whole number thing. I have scoured the internet looking for an alternative to no avail so have put in a request under the freedom of information act for them to provide me with a geographic landline number as an alternative. They have the information therefore they have to supply it. Hopefully they won't be a pain and say there's a fee. I'll keep you updated as they have 20 days from reciept of my request (as it is electronic i assume a quick receipt, they have probably recieved it now but i will give them until tomorrow until the clock starts ticking) if not then i will be getting rather annoyed and might have to send them a nice grumpy email telling them that they are legally bound to supply the information =) my quick update turned out not so quick but hopefully i'll get a positive result

dear me, is getting the bags for free not enough? :rolleyes:
  • custardy
    Options
    :rolleyes:
  • sherbie28
    sherbie28 Posts: 632 Forumite
    Options
    Can you order Recorded Delivery slips from them, I get sick of faffing about in the Post Office and they always seem relcutant to give me more than a couple.
  • durham_girl
    durham_girl Posts: 2,715 Forumite
    Options
    sherbie28 wrote: »
    Can you order Recorded Delivery slips from them, I get sick of faffing about in the Post Office and they always seem relcutant to give me more than a couple.

They don't do the orange slips anymore, the info's inputted into the till and you get a receipt with the tracking number on.
    :j30/7/10:j

:j24/1/14 :j
  • AndyAndyAndy
    Options
    haha free is good but freeer is better. Also I believe that companies should stop using 0845 numbers as local rate because they're not any more. Some police forces have switched to other numbers for non-emergancy because of the fuss over 0845 numbers so it shows progress is being made :) it's sad i know but at least my spare time is used for something productive and hopefully helpful (i don't just do this, i'm not that sad.) but yeah point taken i'm a bit sad :) hehe
  • custardy
    Options
    AndyDent93 wrote: »
    haha free is good but freeer is better. Also I believe that companies should stop using 0845 numbers as local rate because they're not any more. Some police forces have switched to other numbers for non-emergancy because of the fuss over 0845 numbers so it shows progress is being made :) it's sad i know but at least my spare time is used for something productive and hopefully helpful (i don't just do this, i'm not that sad.) but yeah point taken i'm a bit sad :) hehe

rm provide a local number for all delivery offices then a nice easy number for national CS
    seems easy enough given you phone by choice
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport