We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 10

1…232233235237238…1183

Comments

  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    glam theres always next time ... i agree i love nandos and but can hurt the bank alittle (was my treat today so didnt care :D) .. and go you stand you're ground when philip knows im not happy i make apoint to go to bed on my own then he comes up an hour later and talks to me when he thinks ive calmed down x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • JAM1376
    JAM1376 Posts: 566 Forumite
    OK C in bed asleep but don't know how long it will last. Was lovely to meet so many people today and all the lickle ones. I must get out a bit more with C and get her meeting new babies, just not sure where I will find the time - I always seem to be busy doing nothing and will be back to working in 8 weeks :eek:

    Anyway, if anyone is bored, this link should work to the rest of our pics - but the best one was the one I posted. Am still very pleased with them.

    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=147633&id=650143749&l=afc633c83c

    Off for a mooch now. As always, hugs to all xxx
    My baby girl :kisses3: September 09 :heartsmil
  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    Glam - you have FAR more patience than I ever would. In fact, a lot of you ladies with less-than-helpful OHs do. I would've told him to get stuffed ages ago as I'm a firm believer in equal partnership. I'd tell him if he's going to act like a sperm doner, you're going to start treating him as such!!

    (even though I'm on mat leave, my DH still helps out with some cleaning/housework and deffo helps with Finn loads!)
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

    would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • cazscoob
    cazscoob Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    its trying to keep on top of it all thats the hard part right now lol! its hard with him here as sometimes i go to say something then i remember and walk away. then he will say things and i get upset. such as the other day i was stressed and he came over and cuddled me, i started to cry and then later he said something about enjoying the cuddles to much and not wanting to go? im hurt and angry with him but i do still love him (stupid i know) but right now i need to be strong and sort myself out and put me first
    What's for you won't go past you
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    aless02 wrote: »
    I'm a firm believer in equal partnership. I'd tell him if he's going to act like a sperm doner, you're going to start treating him as such!!

    love it!! ... philip helps me and i always try not to get annoyed as its not how i like it :rotfl:x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • cazscoob
    cazscoob Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    glam guess what im having for tea tom and its with the farmfoods chicken too PMSL!
    What's for you won't go past you
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    edited 2 February 2010 at 9:41PM
    redmel1621 wrote: »
    ss- While you are here, I have been meaning to ask for ages... What is the work that you do? I understand you are writing a research paper, is this because you are employed as a researcher or is it part of a phd?? Sorry for being nosey but it sounds fascinating and I keep forgatting to ask you about it:)

    I'm a post-doctoral researcher, so the PhD is finished and I'm gaining experience to make me a more employable prospect in the future :)

    The paper is a discussion of philosophical counselling versus psychotherapy in terms of integrating the most useful bits of both into something that works at least as well as both.

    Caz, it really is great that you sound so positive.

    Edit: and aless I'm much the same way. OH is a great dad and a wonderful husband, but sometimes he can miss things that need doing and I'm not averse to "reminding" him. I wouldn't put up with him telling me things weren't good enough if he wasn't doing his share.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • If you need a project Caz, my house could do with a spruce up!

    Aless- I totally agree with you! The only thing I do solely is cooking as OH hates it and I love it! Washing, cleaning, tidying etc I am happy to share.

    Susan- sounds like you have a good plan in place ahead of baby #2.
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    glam just to let you know i just told philip and he said "what a fool ... are his arms broken??? and you have a right to enjoy yourself" :D x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • MadDogWoman_2
    MadDogWoman_2 Posts: 2,376 Forumite
    edited 2 February 2010 at 9:46PM
    Glam - Sami suggested the Lowry as I'm there with Katie on the 7th April to see the Gruffalo, but don't worry we can't arrange anything for then as I'll just book the day off.

    Choppy - I know it's such a coincidence. I had to shorten mine down though as I went to school with 3 other girls with the same name.
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    DD Katie born April 2007!
    3 years 9 months and proud of it
    dreams do come true (eventually!)

This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.