We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 10

1…235236238240241…1183

Comments

  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    tiamai_d wrote: »
    SS, Dowstairs :D Checked emails earlier but the children were being demanding. Only here now cos Amber woke up for a big burp. Hows you? I'm missing so much with my laptop being broken (and DH faffing about with a 'mate' going to 'look' at it).

    I hate it when OHs have friends that will fix things - you always end up waiting months!!!

    We're ok, lots of sleep-howling from the producer of teeth, but we had the first poop that did not spread everywhere _pale_ today and so progress is clear! And you?
    redmel1621 wrote: »
    No I don't mind, we're all friends here - right!

    I was hoping/planning to become a secondary school English teacher. I think it is the fact that teacher training is to be cut and that there is becoming a surplus of teachers as everyone(like bankers etc) has decided to jump in and have a go!! Probably because they see it as a 'safe' income. I on the other hand love the job and couldn't really care less about the wage. Yet on the other hand it is being maintained that we need to increase the standard of teachers and make it a respected position again!!!

    I just feel there is so much beaurocracy and contradiction within the profession that I am not sure I want to get involved in *and breathe* lol

    I have always enjoyed languages and writing so maybe one of those paths is for me now?

    Mel x

    I know what you mean about politics in the workplace but TBH it's everywhere. Would you consider a TEFL course and teaching Engish to incoming foreigners rather than a traditional classroom? It seems to pay well and be less stressful.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    we didnt manage a group photo .. we forgot :o x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Susan- sounds like you have a good plan in place ahead of baby #2.
    I hope so - I'm definitely feeling a lot more positive about the prospect of pregnancy than I was. The day Alice was born I told OH I'd rather give birth three times in a row than be pregnant again.
    tiamai_d wrote: »
    I don't like peircings on anyone of any age. I used to have my ears peirced (and have lots of lovely earings that DH bought me) but they closed up before DS2 was born when I suddenly couldn't stomache them. Navel and tounge peircings make me gag! So on a baby.... _pale_ :cry:
    I'm really squeamish about piercings too. I never had any desire to have my ears pierced and I hope Alice doesn't while she's a child. It's the thought of it that grosses me out and the idea that you could rip your ears.
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
  • cazscoob
    cazscoob Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    right im off to put all my ironing away and then jump into bed for shameless to come on! dont chat too much tonight or it will take me ages to catch up tom :D
    night ladies and gents x
    What's for you won't go past you
  • three2be
    three2be Posts: 986 Forumite
    cazscoob wrote: »
    well thats if i can get something to cover chrlies artwork as ten coats and its still showing lol!

    Have you tried mixing some PVA glue with a little of your paint(think it's a ratio of 1 part PVA to 25 paint), Usually works although depends on the color of the art work,
    coat with mix let it dry then paint with normal paint. HTH
    [STRIKE]Little bump 3 on it's way[/STRIKE]:j
    [STRIKE]Due 31/01/2010[/STRIKE]
    Baby Aiden
    born 26th Jan :T
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    night caz ..

    on the subject of ears getting pierced .. my mother got mine done when i was not even a year old and i hate them i forever have a hole through both my ears and coz they were done when i was so young they were done really low down and earrings look awful in them x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • Mega grump baby here - no sleep last night, except with us, hence ma and pa being squished to each end of the bed. Thanks baby. Wouldn't nap today either, and just found the cause - 3rd tooth - why does this have to happen on my one day off!! :mad:

    Yay for tooth no. 3 :T
    mookiandco wrote: »
    I did think yesterday how easily food can become an issue for a little one.... but she just seems to dislike feeding from the spoon rather than feeding altogether. Any thoughts anyone?

    I think we have all been here at some point and I think the key is not to let it become an issue for you. I know it is hard because we associate full tums with long sleeps but you can guarantee that the more stressed you get about what (or how) baby eats the more baby gets stressed and the less chance you have of sorting the problems IYSWIM. Benjamin has been crap with food today (other than his fruit, which he has mostly eaten) but I try not to stress and don't let it become an issue and hope that he will be better tomorrow.

    Not liking a spoon can be to do with teeth too, maybe she knows that your fingers (and hers) are more gentle?


    And FWIW, anybody who makes a judgement about you feeding your baby with your fingers deserves a good poke in the eye!!!



    WHICH, incidentally, Benjamin can now do :T Because this morning he proved his ability to point by poking me in the eye :rotfl:

    He was also fascinated by my fingers tonight, it is like he has suddenly realised that his hands are the same as mine :A
    Haven't yet sussed out, Susan, whether Andrew is left-handed but Marley sure is! Andrew seems to prefer to suck on his right hand to his left, if that's any indication. I sucked my left thumb, and I'm right-handed.

    Ah - forgot to reply to this the other day. Apparently the signs of whether a baby will be left or right handed don't develop until around 2 - at this stage all babies should be truly ambidextrous (sp?). Having said that...I am convinced that Benjamin is a lefty ;)



    Lovely day today, lots of lovely lady kissing and some good chat! And some long cuddles with Jack and Edgar :D

    C wins the 'comedy falling asleep award' as she fought it sat on JAM's lap!! And IMHO Daniel wins the best behaved child award for just being a little angel :D

    Top tip for a long car journey - an ITNG CD :T
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    Edgar has a tooth... sort of :pthe corner of one tooth is out :D
    Zut alors! Sophie la girafe est manquant!! :cry:
    weezl74 wrote: »
    sami, I hope you see this later,
    ...
    I guess these should go in labour bag too? Or will I most likely be out again by the time they become niagara boobies?
    I saw :) you won't be going to hospital ;) but if YOU do then I'd guess you would be there a few days so take them. *shrugs*

    Weezl, don't know if this will mean anything to you but the ARM midwives are pretty unanimous in thinking that delayed clamping/cutting and natural 3rd stage is the 'best' way

    I'm just skimming to catch up a bit xx
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • boogellyboo
    boogellyboo Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Caz I'll pm you on friday when Ive got them.

    I knew their was something else I wanted to comment on, Elle that piccie of Rhys is fab! His little buddha belly is calling out for a rub :)
    Belly Monkey arrived 19.11.09 :j
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    no sorry choppy no pics i completely forgot .. ooo yay!!! come MH :D x
    :)Still searching .....:)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.