Everything & Anything New York City

Options

Comments

• 814man
    814man Posts: 403 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just early thoughts but can anyone give some information on ski areas that could be included in a New York winter break. Was thinking of 5 days NY city then a week or so skiing.
    Is this doable and what sort of standard are the ski resorts likely to be?
  • LadyL2013
    LadyL2013 Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    In regards to tipping....

Are there some people you should tip everyday and some you should save until the end of the holiday and do a big tip?
  • bleepandbooster
    Options
    I'd tip every day ........ otherwise you may not see the end of the week !!! Ha Ha Ha !

Cofion
    David
  • ames123_2
    ames123_2 Posts: 566 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, I saw an article today about the best time to purchase flights which said anything between five months and two weeks before was the best time. Only exception was if your chose date was a popular time of year. Would everyone genally agree with this? My friend and I are hoping to go late October in half-term (teachers!), would anyone say I should book this now or wait a couple of months? Thanks.
    Student MoneySaving Club member 017!
  • Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,114 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd tip every day ........ otherwise you may not see the end of the week !!! Ha Ha Ha !

Cofion
    David

How true.

We got verbal abuse in a Manhattan Irish bar for only leaving a 15% tip! The service was poor, that's why, but do so at your own risk.
  • N20Y1D
    N20Y1D Posts: 2,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    laragh wrote: »
    Hi guys, always wanted to go and have finally booked for four nights on 27 November (Thanksgiving). Staying at YOTEL, anyone been? Will start looking through this thread for ideas on planning the weekend! Has anyone been for Thanksgiving before? Not sure if we will need to make reservations for somewhere or if we'll be able to just have a wander after we've checked in and manage to get seated......

Stayed at Yotel last August, loved it, great location.
    TESCO EVERY LITTLE change to the t&cs HELPS
  • N20Y1D
    N20Y1D Posts: 2,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ames123 wrote: »
    Hello, I saw an article today about the best time to purchase flights which said anything between five months and two weeks before was the best time. Only exception was if your chose date was a popular time of year. Would everyone genally agree with this? My friend and I are hoping to go late October in half-term (teachers!), would anyone say I should book this now or wait a couple of months? Thanks.

I booked mine just after New Year for flights in August, I couldn't help myself and kept checking prices after that, luckily they never went any cheaper than what i paid.

As you know when you are going just keep checking at least once a day.
    TESCO EVERY LITTLE change to the t&cs HELPS
  • poormaria
    poormaria Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    I would highly recommend staying at the Cosmopolitan Tribeca as recommended by M4rk, it was a great location and with subway lines literally outside the hotel, this would be my main concern when going to NYC. Also, we visited Brooklyn and went to a Nets game which was one of the highlights of our stay. The other half was doing the Marathon, we booked a hotel but then ended up changing to Cosmo tribeca last min as the price dropped nearer the time.
    m x
    PoorMoon

Cleared £15,000 debt whilst being a student full time, bought a house, all whilst working full time.... it can be done!
  • poormaria
    poormaria Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    We visited TOTR rather than ESB as wanted the ESB in our pics. We went during the day, think it was about half 4 in November so we timed it well to get daylight shots and night shots, was amazing and one of the best 'OMG' moments when you walk out on to the viewing deck
    PoorMoon

Cleared £15,000 debt whilst being a student full time, bought a house, all whilst working full time.... it can be done!
  • bleepandbooster
    Options
    Bump ........ Ha Ha Ha !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business