We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

What have you baked today?

1…472473475477478…662

Comments

  • Fairy_dust
    Fairy_dust Posts: 170 Forumite
    Hi

    Can I join in? I'm mostly a lurker on these boards :). Last night I made Marshmallow Top Hats & today I made Vanilla Cupcakes. Just had one & it was lovely :drool:
    52 Week Challenge £15/£1378
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Florenceem wrote: »
    I made an All in One Cake - filling of chocolate spread. The filling was stiff so I added some icing sugar + milk.

    Allinonecake_zps671a2e0e.jpg
    Looking very yummy indeed, Flo! :)
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

    "No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

    Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 9,215 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero
    GCJ blog posted a recipe today so I had a go at the Easy Peasy Garlic Bread - don't think it turned out - how it was meant. However we had a buttered chunk with dinner. We will have some more for lunch tomorrow.
    A really cheap recipe - next time I will add more than the 2 cloves of garlic. I didn't have Parsley so used Mixed Herbs. I already had milk on the turn so was half way there for the sour milk.
    GCJEasyPeasyGarlicBread_zps2bfcb889.jpg
    GCJEasyPeasyGarlicBread2_zps32608817.jpg
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 9,215 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero
    I baked a cake last night - needed some cake for the decorator's coffee break.
    AllinOneCake_zps5bd63b33.jpg
    AllinOneCake2_zps80976060.jpg
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,439 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I tried some peach scones. It was an American recipe and nothing at all like a scone mix - dumped the quite wet dough on a tray and spread it out to cook in a giant blob. But they taste(d) fine ;)
    Sewing 88/COLOR]Woollies 19Card s 91Reading 37/40
  • Hi, i baked a Bakewell Tart today, i just went to the fridge to have a bit and its blooming gone!!! :)
    Debt free from MSE advice
  • f8ff8276-a628-4047-97b5-7c075cec56ce_zpsd7ee2592.jpg

    Had a busy week this week, made about 50 mini doughnuts, Julia Child's beouf bourguignon with JJ's herby bread and a extra chocolatey moist cake smothered in chocolate ganache.
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 9,215 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero
    They look yummy.
  • Fab photos here of gorgeous cakes; I've never been any good at victoria sponges so gave up years ago! Today I made 10 banana muffins, 12 gluten free banana muffins for me (and DH) and 12 gluten free jam tarts.
  • skader
    skader Posts: 113 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    greentiger wrote: »
    I tried some peach scones. It was an American recipe and nothing at all like a scone mix - dumped the quite wet dough on a tray and spread it out to cook in a giant blob. But they taste(d) fine ;)

    Something similar happened to me today, I attempted scones using this recipe

    http://england.lovefoodhatewaste.com/node/1457

    I doubled the quantities as wanted to use all the milk I had, the dough was really wet. I ended up spooning it into muffin cases, and make muffins instead. They tasted lovely, but don't know why the mix was like that!!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.