PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What have you baked today?

Options

Comments

• **skinnyminny**
    Options
    I made apple pie and i was really pleased with the result as it was my first attempt and it went down well with the rest of the family and the apples were free so a very cheap pudding :)
    :j:j:j
  • Diflower
    Diflower Posts: 601 Forumite
    Options
    12 walnut rolls (dough mixed in BM) - and had to freeze half to stop them all being eaten:o
    And choc 'n' date rice crispie bars, a very old recipe - although not actually baked, it's all just melt, mix & set:)
  • cattysmum
    cattysmum Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Bakewell tart and chicken & mushroom pie (leftover chicken whoopsied mushrooms) and cheap frozen pastry from Tescos
    SPC No. 295 - SPC No10 target £350
    #1603:staradmin/
    SPC 2014 £150/SPC 2015 £256SPC 2016 £324
    Saving for Florida 2018 :j
    Matched betting toe dipper.
  • FarmersWife_2
    Options
    Baked 2 loaves of bread.. one for us and one for MIL for when we go visit today :-)

C x
    Women who suffer from Domestic Violence are not victims.... They are survivors....

There are many strong women out there... Dont just admire them... BE ONE OF THEM ;)
  • Amara
    Amara Posts: 2,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Vegetable soup, pancakes with apples, meatloaf.
  • thenanny2die4
    Options
    Mushroom, squash and garlic quiche, cheese straws and an apple crumble. :)
    Avoiding plastic, palm oil and Nestlé
  • Pentagon
    Options
    My christmas cake. and it is smelling lush
    Eating Out of the Storecupboards Challenge.
    Spend no more than £3 per week on non perishables until the end of Jan 2012.
    Week 3, 12 Dec £0 / £3
    Week 1 - 2, £2.65 / £6,
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Four loaves of bread and a chocolate fridge cake. I'm going to have to find a better recipe for that though as it's very soft and gooey even though it's been in the freezer all day.

I've also measured out most of the ingredients for Christmas puddings which I'm going to make tomorrow and steam in the slow cooker while we're out all day. The children are all going to queue up to make a wish while mixing it!
  • Kittenkirst
    Options
    Last weekend I made plum flapjacks from a Bbc Goodfood recipe- we' ve had them in our lunchboxes all week- were delicious and very easy! They will be made every time Lidl has plums on 39p offer ;0)
    I made an apple, blackberry & plum pie for dessert yesterday as my big brother is staying this weekend, and I may attempt a tea loaf (with apple) this morning :0) yum!
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • lilrahi
    lilrahi Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I baked bread yesterday and a cheese pie.

Bread was yummy but didn't go down well with the family. They are strictly plastic bread type of people.

The cheese pie I didn't like but the family did! There's no accounting for taste ;)
    You'll have to speak up; I'm wearing a towel
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport