PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What have you baked today?

Options

Comments

• Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/photo.php?fbid=10150896409385344&id=608235343&set=a.10150321656740344.576344.608235343&__user=608235343
    Not sure if that works but its my graveyard cake, oh and made red velvet cupcakes too :0)
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • BlueCow1975
    BlueCow1975 Posts: 1,422 Forumite
    Options
    Just raided the fridge for a piece of rocky road that I made yesterday. Not thinking about the calorific content - yikes!! Also made scones and banana/white chocolate/dried cherry muffins with the kids yesterday. I have not made anything for a while and considering I am not that good it all turned out edible which is a start lol!!!
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just made some sweet bread dough (in BM) which me and DS made into finger/sausage shapes. Currently cooling and will ice and add cherries and maybe some coconut too :).
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• FarmersWife_2
    Options
    Made bread...

Was going to put some buns in whilst oven was on but my chickens seem to be on strike !!

C x
    Women who suffer from Domestic Violence are not victims.... They are survivors....

There are many strong women out there... Dont just admire them... BE ONE OF THEM ;)
  • imogen-p
    imogen-p Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    Made some anzac biscuits. One tray turned out chewy and the other crispy. Not sure why was they were both in the middle of the oven for the same length of time. Both types are nice though, had to sample one of each to make sure ;)
    Unofficial Debt Free Wannabee.
    April 2010. Loan 1 £4650 Loan 2 £1140 credit card £332 overdraft £1475

Oct 2011. Loan 1 £3400 Loan 2 £0:D Credit Card £199 Overdraft £800

Oct 2011. Loan 1 £0 Loan 2 £0 Credit Card £0 Overdraft £0:D
  • Football_Widow_2
    Options
    Today I have been mostly baking apple crumbles. 60p for the cooking apples, everything elso from my store cupboard. Cooking them in silver foil take-away containers - how os is that!:T
    Football Widow :footie:

Why are frogs so happy? They eat whatever bugs them!
  • savingssaver
    Options
    i baked bread today...
  • monalia
    monalia Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    I have made Millionaires Shortbread today. Rich and easy ;-)
  • Dragoncry
    Dragoncry Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 November 2011 at 11:02AM
    Options
    I have made the dough for 8 soft bread rolls in the BM and they are now rising nicely for 30 mins before baking. Have just taken out a rockcakes traybake (makes 16 squares) from the oven and it smells wonderful. It will be cut up and used for packed lunches over the week. The BM is now mixing a 2lb mixed fruit loaf which I then cut in half, freeze 1 part and slice the other for toasting like teacakes :)

Inbetween all that I have a lemon chicken curry baking away in the slow cooker ready for dinner tonight when OH gets home .

Need a cup of tea now before the school run !

DC x
  • patricia50
    Options
    Beef stew with a bit of braising steak I found in freezer, handful of frozen carrots that I unearthed at the same time, onions, mushrooms, red and green pepper, courgette that was lurking in fridge, beef stock and a dash of worcestershire sauce. Will give it a slow cook in oven. Plus cauliflower cheese made with 1/2 the huge cauli I bought yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure