Parcel2go.com Loss claim problems

Options

Comments

• steveE2
    steveE2 Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Lucy_X wrote: »
    I ordered the courier service via parcel2go to ship my suitcases from Cambridge to London last month, and three of them went missing! After the initial enquiry, I was told that the suitcases were lost and was asked to make a claim. As soon as I submitted all the evidence they asked for, they rejected my claim saying that the exterior packaging was not adequate! It sounds all ridiculous as all my suitcases were wrapped around with the belts. After several emails and phone calls with them, they simply ignored my case and stopped offering me any help on that. Anyone else had similar problems or any advice on that?
    Shouldn't that be all three of them :)
    Anyway how do they know the packaging was inadequate if they're lost?
  • Lucy_X
    Options
    When I started the claim process online, I was asked to upload photos of my missing parcels... the next day, i received a message saying that the claim was rejected due to inadequate packaging! I was quite confused too as it sounded more like a reason for rejecting damage claims. I suppose it was just an lame excuse.....anyway, after many emails and phone calls with Parcel2go, they simply told me that there was nothing they could do at this stage once the claim was rejected online! Can you believe that? No compensation for three lost parcels! I will never use their service ever again!
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Hi parcel2go has asked us to post a response. MSE doesn't endorse anything a company says on the Forum.

‘Hi Lucy_X, we are sorry to hear this can you please forward me a full breakdown of what happened including the P2G number to support@parcel2go.com FAO George quoting ‘Money Saving Expert.com’ and I promise I will look into this and get back to you with a response. Kindest Regards George’
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • budget_barbie
    Options
    Hi there
    I have had similar nightmares lately. Having heard all the awful reviews for quite a while I seemed to be one of the very lucky ones who didn't have anything lost or damaged, until I sent an item which got badly damaged ( a strong, solid woodne item which was packed in 2 sturdy boxes and surrounded by bubble wrap :think:

I was in the middle of moving house when I started the claim, was asked for nearly everthing other than a full photo fit of the driver leaving the house with the parcel. However the person I sent it too, by good luck had more time than me so was able to photograph all the contents and provide detailed pictures of the damage - claim rejected subsequently. and they started ingnoring all emails and eventually said they would only deal with the account holder ( me, who was up to the eyes in boxes at the time) So once i'd moved I begun the fight again ! After several facebook posted on there review pages and asking what they intented to do I got an offer that covered the cost of the itema nd the carraige paid.

In the mean time, I had sent another parcel ( givng them the benefit of the doubt and and thinking this was a one off occurnace) This parcel cost me over £213 PLUS the carriage of £35 some odd.

Again after many e-mails battles and hoop jumping, and providing detailed descriptions of the parcel ( and dimensions AGAIN) they decided to go look for it and in the mean time started a claim.

Many battles and facbeook posts later today at last they offer JUST the cost of the item ???

Now the main point to the post, and my question is WHY ??WHY ???? should I be paying for the oringial carriage fee??? When they are negligent ????

and like other posters WHY aren't they being taken to task for thier shoddy service by watch dog !

If I reject the offer in others experience what happens ?? do I get a chance to state why ? Beacuse in all instances when dealing with claims everything seems to be on 'THEIR' terms no in favour of the customer.

I am furious to read on their web page QUOTE"our emphasis is on making the process of submitting a claim as quick, simple and efficient as possible" that is grossly misleading it is anything BUT simple :mad:

To top it all the item has cost me more money in loss of business in it's 10 day absence while P2go have their ' in enquiry' serch arround a depot.

I will NEVER EVER Use, or recommend them again !
    Debt free HOORAY !:T :A Years from now it won't matter what kind of car we drove, what kind of house we lived in, how much money we had in the bank, nor what our clothes looked like but the world may be a little better because, we were important in the lives of our children.
  • andhell69
    Options
    Advice needed! I am having awful problems with Parcel2go!

I recently used parcels2go to collect and item I purchased on ebay. I entered the collection details, size wight, etc and I was pleased with the prices so decided to go ahead and book a 48hour collection/delivery service for the following day. I informed the seller, they were happy with this. The parcel was scheduled to be collected on Tuesday 25th October, however the following day I received an email from the seller to inform me that they had failed to turn up to collect the parcel. I went online and entered the tracking code and it said that there was no parcel to collect. So I though ok, maybe a misunderstanding somewhere along the lines. I searched for a phone number or email to contact them and came across the online chat. I explained my problem and gave the relevant details and the operator helpfully rebooked my collection for Monday the 31st October. I emailed the seller that evening to confirm collection, and as promised they had turned up to collect my item. The following day I decided to track it just to see how far away it was, went online and entered the tracking number and it gave me the details that at 18hrs 36mins the parcel had left the Romford Depot. Brilliant I though, my parcel is on its way. I waited, and waited and waited and still no parcel, the 48 hour deadline came and went. i went online to track the parcel again and no extra details had been added to my parcels tracking details. So again I looked for a phone number or email to contact them, but nothing. So I decided to go onto the chat help again! Again I gave them my details and tracking number, they explained that they needed to contact the courier but as it was past office hours the couriers were shut until tomorrow, they went on to tell me they would contact them and email me first thing tomorrow. The following morning I logged onto my emails and suprise suprise no email. Back onto online chat and again the same reply from them! So I waited for 2 hours and still no email or response! I tried contacting them for a 3rd time (by this time I was getting really impatient and annoyed but remained polite) I explained i'd contacted them several times before and what the reponse had been, and guess what! I had exactly the same reply! I did however tell them I wanted a response by 5pm that evening and they promised that they would get back to me by the end of the working day. I was also given and email address to contact and sent them an email, requesting an immediate response. I had to go out so took them on their word. However upon returning at 9pm that evening there was no response at all from them! Back onto online chat (by this time really really annoyed) and told them I wanted to know where my parcel was, when it would arrive and if they couldn't give me an answer I wanted a full refund and payment for the item. Their response yet again was that they needed to contact the courier, but as its 9pm on Friday they wouldn't be able to contact them until Monday morning! I was not going to let them fob me off again and refused this as a response and told them I wanted it sorted NOW! and where were the couriers responses from when they were contacting them on Thursday and all day Friday. BUT then the operator decides to end the discussion and logs off! I tried to log on again and surprise surprise now it doesn't connect! I decided to go to bed, fuming at them! I got up early on Saturday morning and decided I was going to contact them again, this time the chat connected. And AGAIN I explained the situation, told them I wanted my parcel or a full refund and compensation for the loss, and an email address to make a formal complaint. Surprisingly the operator actually came back with a different response, this time she told me that they don't know where it is, the last time it was scanned was at the Romford depot and the couriers have no record of where it went from there. So I proceeded to ask her "so you've lost it"? and her response was no, they just don't know where it is at the moment! She then said that she would email me a link to the part of their website that allows you to make a claim and logged off! I logged into my emails and there as promised was the link to make a claim, I clicked on it and started filling in my details, it asks you to enter a claim amount. I entered what i'd paid for the item along with what I'd paid for the collection and pressed submit claim, upon doing this I had an automated box pop up that told me the most I could claim was £20! I sent them all of the requested details, and waited for a response.

On the Monday I received an email from them saying that the couriers have lost the parcel and my claim would now be processed! I went on to look and they'd offered me a £20 refund! I decided to refuse but in my error clicked the wrong box. I immediately emailed them explaining what had happened and that I wasn't prepared to accept £20 and would be seeking legal advice. I am waiting on a family member (who is involved in the legal profession) to get back to me. But in the meantime I have been advised to take them to the small claims court.

However I am totally clueless on this and can't seem to find much info on this sort of thing being handled by small claims. Is this something that I am able to do? Any advice would be very much appreciated!
  • Obviously_the_best
    Options
    Was that Sh*ttylink or Home delivery muppets?
  • steveE2
    steveE2 Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    andhell69 wrote: »
    Advice needed! I am having awful problems with Parcel2go!
    After struggling to read past this point the answer is no,unless you took extra insurance.
    Free £20.00 compensation cover for loss & damage
    with additional cover available up to £2500
  • techspec
    techspec Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    Options
    I went through the same with p2g - including arrogant staff ending chat sessions. They finally refunded me £35 - and the parcel arrived the next day. It had taken 5 weeks to arrive. I kept the money to cover the £28 phone call costs to the courier , HDNL.

However, p2g have now dropped their cover to £20 - unless you pay extra. Quite ludicrous, when you conisder royal mail 2nd class cover is £46. I have therefore dropped them - and have managed with collect plus since.

So in regards to your offer of £20 - if thats the cover you selected - i cannot see why you expect them to pay you more. You have no case.
  • Obviously_the_best
    Options
    Collect+ are run by HDNL aswell
    If you don't like HDNL use https://www.hermes-europe.co.uk
  • NeverEnough
    Options
    Parcel2go were a complete an total bunch of useless idiots in October 2010 when their courier claimed I had personally signed for a parcel which they had delivered incorrectly to an address 200 miles away from the delivery address. The property they claimed they had delivered to was vacant, and the neighbours, an elderly couple, confirmed that the delivery driver (DHL) had taken the parcel back into the van with him before driving off. Within an hour it was listed on the P2Go site as "delivered" to "ABC" (my surname.) - Obviously a lie, obviously fraudulent and should really have been a criminal matter in any other normal society as the item had been stolen by the courier driver , so it should have been easy to sort out - contact courier, courier interviews their driver, takes internal action or hands over to police, matter solved. But no, being Britain, it wouldn't be so easy, would it, and as always, or nearly always, the crooks win again........

I immediately tried to contact someone with some operational brain cells at P2Go and just met with a stonewall of obstructive resistance from the "online chat" clowns and a load of auto-reponses to emails from one "Katherine Black", who, apparently is a non-existent "virtual" employee. After hours and hours of endless rubbish from the "online chat" zombies, I was given the email addresses of "George" (g.iveson as mentioned above) who responded once, and then vanished into the same ether as the non-existent "Katherine Black". Emails to the "quality. " address listed above just ended up with an auto response from......the non-existent Ms Black!!!!

I posted the claim form along with all the other obstructions to a claim, by Recorded Delivery to P2Go, in good time for the claim. I even received an acknowledgement of the claim.

Unfortunately, even though the item had cost £120 plus £10 courier fee, I hadn't ticked the additional insurance option, so at the time, only £50 was offered and no refund of the courier fee. I then received an email saying I could have the refund credited "immediately" to a P2Go account or I would have to wait "up to six weeks" for a cheque. The ubiquitous "George Iveson" had by this stage gone into silent hibernation and all emails were completely ignored. (Some customer service manager!!!)

November, December and January went by and I had accumulated dozens of the "automated response" emails, but no sign of any refund cheque.......and eventually, despite the pressures of work I thought I will not let them get away with it and wrote another letter, which I posted by Recorded Delivery, stating that they had ignored all correspondence since acknowledging the claim form, and that I was now going to issue summons in the small claims court. I also noted the disappearance of George Iveson, their "customer service manager" and his failure to respond to any communications after the first one.

Surprise surprise, a week later an email arrived stating that there had been a "misunderstanding". Yeah sure - maybe a collision of the two remaining brain cells in the company perhaps? And that a cheque for £50 would follow "in the next cheque run". It took nearly 8 months, from start to finish, to get the £50 compensation from this bunch of twisters.......be warned!!! They are courier brokers - while many transactions go smoothly, many don't, and it is these where you WILL struggle as P2Go simply winge about how everything is the couriers fault and that they are dependent on "emailing the courier - we aren't allowed to phone" etc etc. They are absolute masters of b**** and twaddle, and idiotic "chat lines" which will take up hours where a two minute conversation would have sufficed. And they have employees like "g iveson" with titles like "customer service manager", who really couldn't give a monkeys about you the customer, or your parcel.

Be warned if you use this bunch - they have little interest in lost parcels - if everything goes ok, fine, but if things go wrong, they are utterly pathetic and somewhat disingenuous in their response........interesting that their "compensation" is now only £20 unless you pay a whole lot more for it. Be afraid. Be very afraid!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure