Parcel2go.com Loss claim problems

Options

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,259 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DONNY121 wrote: »
    DO NOT USE PARCELS TO GO! I Have had two parcels lost in a month costing me 500 quid and it takes them over two weeks to tell you that they cannot find it, by this time the buyer has claimed their money back. I am now waiting for negative feedback due to their incompetence. They do nothing to track your parcel and their tracking numbers are a waste of time.

Pay a few quid more save yourself the headache and be covered. I cannot stress how difficult it is when a parcel goes missing using parcels to go. One thing they do is tell the companies not to discuss a case with the sender you have to go through parcels to go who do nothing. I am tottaly out of pocket, my time is wasted and my reputation tarnidhed becasue of them, BE WARNED

Thank you for the warning.

However, parcels2go would not be responsible for your negative feedback, if you had tracking and item showed as not received then you would need to refund the buyer, not expect them to go through a dispute to get their money back. If you force a buyer to resort to a claim to get a refund then the poor feedback would seem to be justified.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Drumtasticnick
    Options
    P2G lost my parcel a week ago and I am beyond furious with the lacklustre approach to my claim. I only took insurance out for £50 while the item sold for £85. They have only offered me £50 plus the cost of the shipping which was another £5 meaning I am £30 out of pocket! I have asked about compensation and they said do no offer anything and pointed me to the T and C's which say they accept no liability!

The cheek of them to offer me £60 account credit instead is also laughable, as if I am going to use their service again!

:mad:
  • HonestFool
    Options
    I am having a similar issue with Parcel2Go and they are simply hopeless. Did not collect on two occasions without explanation. Dropped it myself to one of the depots. On livechat they are now saying they cannot locate it.

No numbers of emails on their website. The courier myHermes refusing to do anything saying it is Parcel2Go's responsibility.

Does anyone have an email or address I can send a letter before action to?
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    P2G lost my parcel a week ago and I am beyond furious with the lacklustre approach to my claim. I only took insurance out for £50 while the item sold for £85. They have only offered me £50 plus the cost of the shipping which was another £5 meaning I am £30 out of pocket! I have asked about compensation and they said do no offer anything and pointed me to the T and C's which say they accept no liability!

The cheek of them to offer me £60 account credit instead is also laughable, as if I am going to use their service again!

I think you've did alright there, You only took £50 insurance, they have given you that AND £60 credit, what more did you expect?
  • mcjordi
    mcjordi Posts: 4,238 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think you've did alright there, You only took £50 insurance, they have given you that AND £60 credit, what more did you expect?

they offered £60 INSTEAD not aswell
    Sealed pot challenger # 10
    1v100 £15/300
  • mattyprice4004
    Options

Am I missing something, or is it just glaringly obvious that you should have insured it for £85 and not £50?
  • troutman
    troutman Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 August 2016 at 5:52PM
    Options
    After reading through this thread seems the same old behaviour from parcel2go repeating time over.
    I too have experience the same issues as many here, keeping it brief.

Parcel collected by courier (UPS)

Parcel tracked showed in transit

Parcel shown as stuck halfway when should of arrived at destination
    Contacted Parcel2go via web chat to inform them my parcel was missing - was informed to wait a week if it doesn't arrive report it as missing!!!!

Many times i reported it missing many times they apologised and asked me to give a description so they could issue a search request for it :(

Eventually reported it missing. No i didnt insure it was a fking great big 35kilo hunk of metal about 40cm cubed!!!

Been informed they are in no way responsible for my parcel and i should of read the Ts n C's. (Now if you do gooder perfect people out there want to comment on this thread to inform me i should of taken out insurance please you are not welcome)

That response 'Not our problem' is red rag to a bull with me, sorry you were happy to take my money to deliver my parcel. Now it's missing zero responsibility is taken. How do i know Parcel2Go are not just delivering it straight to someone else for payment, and then it 'goes missing'.

I am proceeding with small claims process on these crooks, any tips appreciated otherwise i will post back here the entire process to ensure they are shamed to the very end. Along with Facebook and other public areas.

Updates to follow. Comments (constructive only) Welcome.
  • mattyprice4004
    Options
    They'll refund your original postage paid regardless, the loss for the item would have been covered by insurance. I have to stump up hundreds per month for insuring all my items, why should you get the same protection without paying for the cover? While it feels like a bit of a scam, it's the price to be paid for their low prices. Cutting every corner to the bone.

Also, anyone can comment on this thread - constructive or not. From the top of the page - 'We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post.' A sidenote, but worth mentioning as you probably won't like some of the replies you get. :)

Sorry I couldn't help more, but sadly P2G have cut their services to the bone in terms of cover now. A shame as you used to get £50 for free.
  • onetoteo
    Options
    Could anyone tell me how to submit a claim to parcel2go.Their chat is useless and they don't answer emails sent to quality@parcel2go.com
    No phone number as well

Thanks in advance
  • buttonvee
    Options
    During the course of a claim for lost package P2G have apparently lost my records pertaining to the month the item was lost/stolen. I have explained on 4 occasions to their 'Live chat' team that I cannot 'see' transactions for that month in 'My Orders' section and then it gets passed to another virtual reality 'opo' at Live Chat who asks the same question. They have asked me to highlight the relevant order in order to process an insured parcel claim. Meanwhile the deadline draws closer and then presumably I will have to step in with a small claims court case??. I cant explain this case further as it is pending but I have shown them clear evidence as to the culprit. AVOID them
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure