Any experience with barclays phone insurance?

Options

Comments

• wtang00
    wtang00 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    My claim was made via my First Additions account with Barclays.

The sheet they sent with the enginners form said they would dispatch within 3 business days, by courier for next day delivery.

They've just recieved mine early this morning (sent recorded delivery). I'll let you guys know how I get on.
  • kellaree
    kellaree Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    I've recently made a claim with LSG through Barclays and it looks like they've definitely stepped up since these reports of refurbished handsets etc.

I first reported my cracked screen (my friend dropped it on concrete) on 10th May (one day after the incident) and received my claim form straight away.

It took me around a week to get my proof of purchase from Vodafone and a few more days for me to submit the claim after that. Once it was received by LSG, within a day I was sent the instructions on how to send my handset off to them.

My phone was delivered to them on the 3rd June and by the weekend they had sent several emails saying I would have a new handset delivered within 3 working days. Well my brand new iphone 6 arrived this morning, that's right, brand new. I've just checked my serial number with Apple and I have my full 12 months warranty etc.

So just to let anyone know who's concerned about claiming through them, there are some positive stories :)
  • mr-perffect
    Options
    i lost my iPhone 6 on 4th of august 2015. i called them the same day. They sent me the Claim form via email. i printed and filled it. sent it by post. they called me on the 6th of august as my excess payment was unsuccessful. I made the payment and they said to me that my claim was successful. Now, just an hour ago. I received an email from LSG that my phone is on the way and will be with me tomorrow, Monday the10th august. For me, it was a good experience. I wish you best of luck all.
    Thank GOD, there wasn't any problem. i was so stressful but got it sorted out quickly.
  • Pookie11
    Options
    Hi all, I've just bought a new phone and dropped it, by accident !!!!!!! Slipped out of my hands...I guess I didn't even get a chance to get used to it yet... The screen is now crcaked and I can't even get it to unlock. Anyway, I've registered it quickly with my barclays insurance and now I'm planning to make my first ever claim. I've been with them for many years and never made any claims.

How long should I wait before making a claim? I have literally just registered the handset. Their terms and conditions do not say anything about 'a period during which you're not insured yet'...

Will they reject me straight away? Argghhhh, I just want to get it sorted.

Thanks

Depressed Sony Xperia Z2 owner :(
  • Tony5101
    Tony5101 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Pookie11 wrote: »
    Hi all, I've just bought a new phone and dropped it, by accident !!!!!!! Slipped out of my hands...I guess I didn't even get a chance to get used to it yet... The screen is now crcaked and I can't even get it to unlock. Anyway, I've registered it quickly with my barclays insurance and now I'm planning to make my first ever claim. I've been with them for many years and never made any claims.

How long should I wait before making a claim? I have literally just registered the handset. Their terms and conditions do not say anything about 'a period during which you're not insured yet'...

Thanks

Claim right away. It doesn't matter that the phone wasn't registered at the time.
    You do only have a limited time to file the claim from the incident happening though, so make sure you follow the claims form and record dates and times accurately.
  • thirtyfivePlus
    Options
    Pookie11 wrote: »

Thanks

Tony5101 wrote: »
    Claim right away. It doesn't matter that the phone wasn't registered at the time.
    You do only have a limited time to file the claim from the incident happening though, so make sure you follow the claims form and record dates and times accurately.

Any news on this - have u made a claim and they have accepted it within the supposed 21 day period? I also can't find any references to this period in the terms and conditions and can't find the policy document wording.
  • April2373
    Options
    Any news on this?
  • CMR_2
    Options
    Absolutely shocking cowboy outfit. Sent me 3 faulty phones then offered a different phone that was not equivalent. I sent back the last faulty one which they received 2 weeks ago but they still can't confirm that they have it and won't pay out or replace. Had to go out and buy a new phone. Avoid!!!!!!!!!:mad:
  • ricey155
    Options
    Currently have a claim ongoing, not the best idea to drop your phone in a lake whilst golfing but the thunder and lightening don't help with the nerves. Never used phone insurance always bought sim free so felt I'd got my monies worth from most handsets.

But having taken out nationwides flex plus account its included so being 8 months old I decided to claim, I didn't contact the scuba police for obvious reasons, I use two phones on the course one for GPS distances one on silent in my bag. I filed the claim #NoProbs they called we need the phone blocking OK - the drama starts blocked the wrong imei on my account - Chinese phones have dual imei nos I gave them the wrong one as thought the handset would broadcast both! No they blocked one they found which i gave my wife omg !! 4 days hassle

Will three send me a letter? How can I know if they blocked it seeing as its in a lake in Solihull? What happened to taking your word for it?

Its illegal to own more than one phone I guess. The drama continues
  • secretmachines
    Options
    made a claim via Lifestyle Group / Barclays over a month ago and have had no contact from them!

shocking service, currently in the process of trying to get some compensation from Barclays as i've paid for a service which i've not received. though they seem keen to point the blame at Lifestyle, even though i've got the Tech Pack through Barclays. a sorry mess.

i've since got the phone sorted elsewhere.

any tips?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport