Any experience with barclays phone insurance?

Options

Comments

• ucon
    ucon Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Nope the excess fee use to be £25 for damage and £50 for lost or stolen. they have double the excess price up in the past year. Barclays will only give you money for a second hand phone at a market price rate "ANOTHER SCAM". THEY WILL NOT GIVE YOU THE MONEY FOR A BRAND NEW PHONE.

I have just checked for a second hand iphone 4 and it costs about £180 - £200 so I have been completely ripped of by barclays.

Get you facts right Cycrow
  • Cycrow
    Cycrow Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    last time i checked it, the had a seperate clause for iphones. the £25 clause was for non iPhones.

also, you said iphones are not worth even £100. I was pointing out they still sell for £300, and as you pointed out, they sell second hand for £200. Thats still over the £100 you suggested originally.

my facts are correct, i said from apple, they cost over £300, which is true.

im not sure what you expect with insurance, but you will hardly ever make more money from insurance claims that you pay in, it doesn't work like that
  • MikeWhite
    MikeWhite Posts: 617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ucon wrote: »
    Barclays will only give you money for a second hand phone at a market price rate "ANOTHER SCAM". THEY WILL NOT GIVE YOU THE MONEY FOR A BRAND NEW PHONE.

Was the policy sold to you as "New for Old"? If so, then yes, I call that a scam. If not, rtfm.
    ucon wrote: »
    Get you facts right Cycrow

I think they did.
  • ucon
    ucon Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    The Sale person at Barclys sold the to me as i will be getting a new phone and yes the manual says second hand. never mind.
  • frankielove
    Options
    Oh deary me. I've just filed a claim online via my Barclays account for some minor water damage (not fully submerged, 11 month old daughter tipped her water cup over on marble table my iPhone was sitting on a good 3 feet away!) - but I got the phone from my provider 2 years ago - so will somehow have to get them to verify this. Anyway, I'll let you know how I get on.
  • Stubil
    Options
    My iphone4 was replaced a year ago by LGS and has broken down took it to Apple who cannot repair as all the parts inside the refurbished are non Apple parts! So left with a useless phone and paid the£70 excess for a rubbish replacement as its 12 days over the year since replaced I have no where to go ! Don't bother with this at least 02 send a new proper phone back !
  • bigfattone
    Options
    Lifestyle group pass of poorly "reconditioned" phones, packed with counterfeit parts, as replacements. they also undertake warranty voiding repairs using non-apple parts. Apple will not touch, repair, or service your phone afterwards.

so imagine you have a software problem, or a screen crack. you're stuffed.

happened to me TWICE now. I cant post links (new user) but google the below for the express article

express Banks-under-fire-for-mobile-phones-rip-off
  • sam20gh
    Options
    I broke my Galaxy S4 screen while on holiday. logged in a claim on Thursday, called on Tuesday and they emailed my a claim form. called on Wednesday and was told to wait, Called Thursday and again was told to wait. Called on Friday and was told a proof of ownership is needed and will take 1 working day to assess the claim, it was emailed on the same day, Called on Monday and was told its still not in the system, called again this evening and I was told it will take another 1 working day to assess the claim so I think it will take forever to assess the claim never mind replacing or repairing the handset.... rubishhhh
  • iPhone5
    iPhone5 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    After reading some of the posts on this thread, I am worried about my current pending claim!

I dropped my iPhone5 in a puddle on the 6/5/14 (stupidly!), went home to leave it in a box of rice overnight. The next day it wasn't working, so I logged in my claim via Barclays bank. Filled in the form and sent it off on 8/5/14.

I haven't heard anything as of yet, and they still haven't taken out the £50 excess.. I appreciate it is the weekend so they probably won't be processing any claims, but hoping to hear from them on Monday (12/5/14)! Will keep you updated :)
  • Jannyhaha
    Options
    Does anyone know if I still have to have the insurance for 21 days before I can claim? ive checked the T's and C's but can't find any information to say you do now. Confused ��
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure