Cold weather payments: quickly check if you're entitled

Options

Comments

• swivel
    Options
    somebody please help me i have checked on the gov/direct site and im due 4 cold weather payments and have recieved nothing who do i contact? and or will this be back dated? any advice would be grateful cheers fae j :confused:
  • geoff11
    geoff11 Posts: 468 Forumite
    Options
    swivel wrote: »
    somebody please help me i have checked on the gov/direct site and im due 4 cold weather payments and have recieved nothing who do i contact? and or will this be back dated? any advice would be grateful cheers fae j :confused:
    its automatically paid it depends on when the first one for you was triggered as to when youll get the first payment, you can contact income support or your local jobcenter plus office they should be able to tell you when the payments are expected to go in providing you ge someone who knows what theyre talking about of course.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    swivel wrote: »

Hi there

Its the same for us as well.
    We did have to chase ours up, they rang back this morning to tell us that there are 4 payments due and we should have actually received the first payment last week into our account but could see that it was not done, they now confirmed it should be in our account if not tomorrow by Monday next week.

Ring up your local bens office and they should give you the details/contact of the DWP dept, or put you through, good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • DX2
    DX2 Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    For people who need to confirm whether they are entitled to a CWP or they need to chase up payments, pop your postcode here
    http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/Aboutus/Ouroffices/Search/LocalOfficeSearch.aspx?type=2&name=Benefit%20Delivery%20Centre
    and you will find the number for your local BDC.
    *SIGH*
    :D
  • lizzieben333
    Options
    DX2 wrote: »
    I'm assuming you meet the criteria above, if so give the JCP a quick call in the morning to double check there is a payment being sent out.
    thanx will do
  • JStuart
    JStuart Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    it's amazing how things like this are such well-kept secrets! my mum receives benefits, but had no idea that she should be getting a "cold weather payment". so far she has had nothing, but i've told her to keep a look out, and query it if necessary.

any tips or further info about this would be gratefully received ;)

thanks!
  • ScittyPopBicks
    Options
    I'm due them and i havnt received them :s I'm working but have a child under 5? Gas is milking me short! :(
  • DX2
    Options
    JStuart wrote: »
    it's amazing how things like this are such well-kept secrets! my mum receives benefits, but had no idea that she should be getting a "cold weather payment". so far she has had nothing, but i've told her to keep a look out, and query it if necessary.

any tips or further info about this would be gratefully received ;)

thanks!
    It's not a secret she has to have certain qualifying benefits to be entitled to a CWP :)
    *SIGH*
  • DX2
    Options
    I'm due them and i havnt received them :s I'm working but have a child under 5? Gas is milking me short! :(
    If your working your not entitled
    *SIGH*
  • DX2
    Options
    Time to pop up eligibility again
    DX2 wrote: »
    You may also be eligible for a Cold Weather Payment for each qualifying week if you are getting Income Support, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance or income-related Employment and Support Allowance in the assessment phase and have one of the following:
    • a pensioner premium, higher pensioner premium or enhanced pensioner premium
    • a disability premium, enhanced disability premium or severe disability premium
    • a disabled child premium
    • Child Tax Credit that includes a disability or severe disability element
    • a child who is under five in the family
    *SIGH*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts