Cold weather payments: quickly check if you're entitled

Options

Comments

• DX2
    DX2 Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    You may also be eligible for a Cold Weather Payment for each qualifying week if you are getting Income Support, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance or income-related Employment and Support Allowance in the assessment phase and have one of the following:
    • a pensioner premium, higher pensioner premium or enhanced pensioner premium
    • a disability premium, enhanced disability premium or severe disability premium
    • a disabled child premium
    • Child Tax Credit that includes a disability or severe disability element
    • a child who is under five in the family
    *SIGH*
    :D
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    batchymum wrote: »
    Hi there, good info to get you thinking.
    We have a disabled 11-year-old son who receives higher rate DLA + mobility allowance with mobility part paid to motor dealership. Looking at the criteria on the direct.gov website it looks as though we/he should qualify for the cold weather payments, but also according to the postcode checker we have had 3 cases of cold weather since qualifying date yet have received nothing to say A) he is entitled to it or B) how it would be paid.

Obviously no pension credit etc for payment through, but annual child tax credit form does stipulate '1 disbled child' and appropriate benefits.

We've not had any fluctuation in the rate of child tax credit paid.

Anybody any ideas or advice?

Hi there

I take it if anyone are earning an Income (working) in the household etc then would not be eligible, as you have to be on something like for example Income based JSA etc, alongside with severe disability premium then for instance.;)

Just posted some info above of eligibility, post it again here, hope this helps. Good luck.

Who's eligible?
    wtd_underline.gif

You may be eligible for a Cold Weather Payment if you get Pension Credit or income-related Employment and Support Allowance with a support or work related activity component in the main phase.

You may also be eligible for a Cold Weather Payment for each qualifying week if you are getting Income Support, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance or income-related Employment and Support Allowance in the assessment phase and have one of the following:
    • a pensioner premium, higher pensioner premium or enhanced pensioner premium
    • a disability premium, enhanced disability premium or severe disability premium
    • a disabled child premium
    • Child Tax Credit that includes a disability or severe disability element
    • a child who is under five in the family
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Beat me to it again DX2......lol :D
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • kindofagilr
    kindofagilr Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Shame people who happen to work full time and arent on any benefits but may still have trouble paying bills dont get any help ... yet again.

We just have to turn our heating up and hope we can afford to pay bill when it comes in.
    Debt £30,823.48/£44,856.56 ~ 06/02/21 - 31.28% Paid Off
    Mortgage (01/04/09 - 01/07/39)
    £79,515.99/£104,409.00 (as of 05/02/21) ~ 23.84% Paid Off

Lloyds (M) - £1196.93/£1296.93 ~ Next - £2653.79/£2700.46 ~ Mobile - £296.70/£323.78
    HSBC (H) -£5079.08/£5281.12 ~ HSBC (M) - £4512.19/£4714.23
    Barclays (H) - £4427.32/£4629.36 ~ Barclays (M) - £4013.78/£4215.82
    Halifax (H) - £4930.04/£5132.12 ~ Halifax (M) - £3708.65/£3911.20

Asda Savings - £0

POAMAYC 2021 #87 £1290.07 ~ 2020/£3669.48 ~ 2019/£10,615.18 ~ 2018/£13,912.57 ~ 2017/£10,380.18 ~ 2016/£7454.80

~ Emergency Savings: £0

My Debt Free Diary (Link)
  • toinfinityandbeyond
    Options
    I'm sure i got this last year or am i confusing it with something different?? £30 was it? I remember a thread with everyone waiting for theirs to go into account,anyone else remember if it was cwp? My son has high rate DLA..no other benefits as listed. Thanks
  • toinfinityandbeyond
    Options
    This is the thread i've found-what was it for??http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1393879&highlight=
  • DX2
    Options
    Shame people who happen to work full time and arent on any benefits but may still have trouble paying bills dont get any help ... yet again.

We just have to turn our heating up and hope we can afford to pay bill when it comes in.
    Yes it's a terrible shame that some of us have children who have a disability and are unable to work full time :rolleyes: Would you like to swap?
    *SIGH*
  • DX2
    Options
    This is the thread i've found-what was it for??http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1393879&highlight=
    A one off payment last year for those on certain benefits like DLA and CA.
    *SIGH*
  • DX2
    Options
    I'm sure i got this last year or am i confusing it with something different?? £30 was it? I remember a thread with everyone waiting for theirs to go into account,anyone else remember if it was cwp? My son has high rate DLA..no other benefits as listed. Thanks
    CWP is £25 each time it's triggered. Your son won't be entitled to it if he doesn't get any other qualifying benefits. DLA on it's own is not a qualifying benefit.
    *SIGH*
  • toinfinityandbeyond
    Options
    I know,just got it confused with that we were entitled to the £60 payment...wonder why that was triggered...surely its colder this time around? Thanks anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure