🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Corona007's random ramblings

Options

Comments

• Lula-Hula
    Lula-Hula Posts: 7,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Corona007 wrote: »
    Oh, that. Well, erm I need to check where I am with that...[frantically thinks how to change the subject].... Oooo, look over there Lula, a UFO in the sky. Isn't it pretty with all those lights etc....

Ahem.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

very good but I live in a bizarre kind of triangulated position between Heathrow, Gatwick & Fairoaks so am used to the pretty lights :p

Oooo look at the time Corona, it's now tomorrow, let's talk :D
  • Lula-Hula
    Options

Jesus turned water into wine, I turn money into wine. :D

:j Good skill :rotfl:

I turn money into shoes, bags & chocolate. I am multi skilled :D
  • Corona007
    Corona007 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    Lula-Hula wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

very good but I live in a bizarre kind of triangulated position between Heathrow, Gatwick & Fairoaks so am used to the pretty lights :p

Oooo look at the time Corona, it's now tomorrow, let's talk :D

Oh dear you mentioned the "H" word. Now I'm going to spend all night thinking about those wonderful places in the world I could be going right now instead of being stuck in London writing grovelling emails to my client apologising for why we screwed up this week and cost them a lot of money :o

[scratches itchy feet and closes the british airways website before any damage is done]

I have actually paid a fair amount of shrapnel into the bank. I think I only have about £100 left which means 2/3rds has been cashed in over the last few months. Not too bad all things considering and I haven't been murdered yet by irate customers which is a bonus.

Those co-ordinates put you not too far away from me Lula. If you are nearby, you couldn't lend me a fiver could you? :rotfl:
    Got my head out of the sand - 01/01/2010
    Total debts to clear - [STRIKE]£18,886[/STRIKE] now £14,878
    10k in 2010 challenge - £2,011
    11k in 2011 challenge - £1,997
  • Corona007
    Options
    :j Good skill :rotfl:

I turn money into shoes, bags & chocolate. I am multi skilled :D

:rotfl:

They say that men cannot multi-task. I say nonsense. I can buy buy beer AND wine all in one go.

[checks fridge and realises that tomorrow won't be an NSD no matter how good the intentions are]
  • Lula-Hula
    Options
    :rotfl:

They say that men cannot multi-task. I say nonsense. I can buy buy beer AND wine all in one go.

[checks fridge and realises that tomorrow won't be an NSD no matter how good the intentions are]

Hurray for multi tasking.

I think it all stems from drinking; women like a spirit & mixer whereas men tend to be happy with just beer or wine or cider or Jack etc etc etc. :D

Even more hurray for the word 'coordinates' which had completely escaped me earlier the pocket oxford thesaurus hasnt heard of the word triangulate either :o

Will happily lend you a fiver. You dont mind if it's in 1p & 2p s do you :p.

You are a bad influence, all that talk of booze & next thing you know I'm being seduced by a jolly green Gordon :whistle:
  • Corona007
    Options
    Will happily lend you a fiver. You dont mind if it's in 1p & 2p s do you :p.

Meh, maybe I'll give it a miss :D

'Bad Influence' and me tend to go hand in hand but I protest that I mentioned Gordon or his mate Schweppes. You are imagining it for your own self gratification. :rotfl:
  • Lula-Hula
    Options
    There is no Schweppes here tonight, I'm on a budget & am slumming it with Waitrose Bitter Lemon ( 3 for 2 ;)).

I also discovered a fab trick over on the Old Style board; slicing lemons & putting them in the freezer = a deliciously cold slice :j.

No more talk of travel either :(, I have had the go ahead for the balance transfer from His Righteous Richardness :T & consequently have a Barclaycard with a scary amount of credit on it ... must stay away from funky camper vans on ebay ...
  • Corona007
    Options
    Well I'm frankly baffled at how many twists and turns this debt repayment malarky is turning out to have. I finally found out the missing interest amount on my Evil Halifax card and so made a payment of £22.73 which hasn't shown up on my statement yet but effectively reduces the balance to £0.00. :j. Next step, phone them up to cancel the card. Or so I thought....

Anyway once I'd made the payment off I went to Guildford to meet some friends for lunch (which turned into a very un-MSE series of drinks in the sun which went on till silly o'clock this morning, but we'll gloss over that part of the story as it is not relevant). However on return it seems that my postie had delivered me a letter from said Evil Halifax company which in my inebriated state was cast aside till this morning. It turns out however to be a letter offering me some new balance transfer deals to my Halifax visa - a choice of:

1. 0% for 9 months followed by a 29.9% APR :eek:
    2. 4.94% life of balance.

The 0% offer would be appealing were it not for that sting in the tail so that one is out straight away but some quick sums show that I could move my Amex balance (£3,300) and £2,000 from my HSBC MasterCard at 4.94% LOB and save myself around £700 in interest over the next 12 months. That would mean my Amex is paid off and can be used to earn me some lovely airmiles too. It is a no brainer I think....

So, say good bye to Evil Halifax and say hello to Saint Halifax :T
  • Lula-Hula
    Options
    Hurray for the fab new transfer deal :j it really nourishes that 'wanted' feeling when a financial institution just wont let you go.

Less of the glossing & more of the detail please :D - I have to live vicariously, I cant afford to do it for real.

Guildford eh, now that is close :eek:

Hope this week is better at your work, I've just had a week off & am dreading going in tomorrow.

Be good :p
  • Corona007
    Options
    Hurray for the fab new transfer deal :j it really nourishes that 'wanted' feeling when a financial institution just wont let you go.

I'm kind of assuming that they hadn't realised I had paid the card off in the mean time and they were hoping to catch me out with moving more money onto the card at cheap rates and thus delaying me paying off the 27.9% amount. Fooled em. :D

To be honest I have to gloss over the details of last night, not least because I can't remember them - least of all how I got back to London which presumably I managed to do given that I woke up here :o

Sadly next week is going to be nasty at work but at least I'm off to Dublin towards the end of the week so it won't be all bad. I'm quite partial to a Guinness :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts