🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Corona007's random ramblings

Options

Comments

• Lula-Hula
    Lula-Hula Posts: 7,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Corona007 wrote: »
    I'm assuming that was a bottle of wine and not a bottle of Gordons :D]

No :eek: it was the pear cider & only 568ml :)

I don't like supermarkets and I hate Tesco..... does it show :)

You have just qualified as my new best friend :D but I have to inform you that in my world it is known as Tatco ... see my location :rotfl:
  • Corona007
    Corona007 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    Ah, that explains it. I thought Tatco was some budget equivalent of Netto that I haven't heard of. [Edit: the penny finally drops :D].

I did call there in the end much to my discomfort but only to see if it would save me money. Indeed it did - I saved loads. Not because it was cheaper mind, but because I couldn't find anything I wanted to buy :p

At least I earned 1,900 airmiles from the clubcard points which is a bonus and better still, all the crap I had to buy to earn them has now sold on Amazon. Result.

Onwards and upwards - a busy April beckons.
    Got my head out of the sand - 01/01/2010
    Total debts to clear - [STRIKE]£18,886[/STRIKE] now £14,878
    10k in 2010 challenge - £2,011
    11k in 2011 challenge - £1,997
  • Corona007
    Options
    Grrrr, I was hoping to post today that I had made my last payment on Evil Halifax card and that it was gone forever. But despite the interest normally being applied on the 8th of each month my final interest amount still hasn't appeared on my account and their useless system is showing a £0 balance but my "next" DD being £79 and due on 6th April :huh:. Errr no you complete muppets, that was my last DD payment which hit your books 3 whole days ago and hence why I have a £0 balance - I'm sorry but your computer system is rubbish and clearly doesn't know what day it is.

Sadly, given that banks do naff all at a weekend I'm guessing I now have to wait till Monday to see what the interest is so I can make that magic payment. :mad:

Hmm. It has been a bad week at work. Does it show?
  • gwen80
    gwen80 Posts: 2,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    *Lurker alert*

If you call up tomorrow morning I'd imagine they can sort it out.
    Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending
  • Lula-Hula
    Options
    gwen80 wrote: »
    *Lurker alert*

If you call up tomorrow morning I'd imagine they can sort it out.

Hello strange Lurker :wave:,

Hello Corona007, was wondering where you've been all week.

Suggest you do as gwen80 suggests - she's an ace telephone hassler ... just ask Hastings ;).

Sorry to hear evil Halifax still not dead but stay chilled, it will soon be gone.

It is constant source of wonder to me that banks apparently don't operate at week ends, yet they can take debit out of my account on a sunday night, rather than monday morning :think:

Hope you find a nice Senorita Rioja to help you unwind ;)
  • gwen80
    gwen80 Posts: 2,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lula-Hula wrote: »
    Hello strange Lurker :wave:

Hello :wave: I see you tried the pear cider? :D
    Hello Corona007, was wondering where you've been all week.

Suggest you do as gwen80 suggests - she's an ace telephone hassler ... just ask Hastings ;).

Actually, I'm better in writing :D Don't mention Hastings...they sent me my vouchers on the 29th March :mad::mad:
    Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending
  • Corona007
    Options
    Hello Gwen, welcome.

Have no fear, I'll be calling them tomorrow to have little moan.

This has not been my favourite week I'm afraid. I knew April would be busy at work but it has started at a furious pace (as demonstrated by the fact that I am sitting at home writing emails to my client at 11:15pm on a Friday night :().

However, there does appear to be a glass of wine besides me so all is not lost....
  • Lula-Hula
    Options
    I want to live in a house like yours, where wine just miraculously appears :D

It's friday night & your emailing clients, so we'll talk about coins, bags & banks tomorrow ... ;)
  • Corona007
    Options
    [Snip]...we'll talk about coins, bags & banks tomorrow ... ;)

Oh, that. Well, erm I need to check where I am with that...[frantically thinks how to change the subject].... Oooo, look over there Lula, a UFO in the sky. Isn't it pretty with all those lights etc....

Ahem.
  • Corona007
    Options
    I want to live in a house like yours, where wine just miraculously appears :D

I know. Even David Copperfield couldn't perform such amazing magic tricks. One minute I have a wallet full of money, the next it has disappeared only to be replaced by a bottle of vino. :T

Jesus turned water into wine, I turn money into wine. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income