🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Corona007's random ramblings

Options

Comments

• gwen80
    gwen80 Posts: 2,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've managed to miss both debates, so I have no idea what anybody's talking about. Do you reckon I could get them on iplayer or something?

Yep, you should pay the OD back sooner if that's the interest rate. Probably before the Egg card too.

Lol! If they were travelling for work though, didn't they have laptops with them? Couldn't they have done some sort of work from wherever they were? I guess they might have been at a conference or something.
    Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending
  • Corona007
    Corona007 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    Don't think they will be on iPlayer as the first one was on ITV and today's was on Sky News. Not to worry, the papers will be full of coverage tomorrow.

Sadly both of them were on holiday so didn't have their laptops with them. The fact that I had to attend all their meetings this week (and take a right royal kicking from a client in one of them for not knowing the latest information might I add) whilst they were stranded on respective beaches somewhere sunny means they owe me big time. :D

There are a few people stuck overseas on business on my project though - one of them is in China and has been told the next flight she can get back is on the 7th May!
    Got my head out of the sand - 01/01/2010
    Total debts to clear - [STRIKE]£18,886[/STRIKE] now £14,878
    10k in 2010 challenge - £2,011
    11k in 2011 challenge - £1,997
  • gwen80
    Options
    Corona007 wrote: »
    Don't think they will be on iPlayer as the first one was on ITV and today's was on Sky News. Not to worry, the papers will be full of coverage tomorrow.

Damn. I guess I might be able to see the first one in ITV player though?
    Sadly both of them were on holiday so didn't have their laptops with them. The fact that I had to attend all their meetings this week (and take a right royal kicking from a client in one of them for not knowing the latest information might I add) whilst they were stranded on respective beaches somewhere sunny means they owe me big time. :D

Don't worry too much about it. Aswell as owing you, they probably owe a lot on their credit cards now after shelling out for hiked up hotels and the like.
    There are a few people stuck overseas on business on my project though - one of them is in China and has been told the next flight she can get back is on the 7th May!

Blimey, that's carp. Can she still work out there? Must be so frustrating though. If you're just there for business, you'd either be bored out of your head or have to spend lots of money doing things when you weren't working.
    Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending
  • Corona007
    Options
    Seems you can indeed find it on the ITV player Gwen... http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=138523. Not sure if Sky have a similar replay website though.

I guess it is not too bad being stranded on business. At least your hotel and food/drink is free and once your meetings are over you can catch up on reading a few books, use the gym, relax in the bar etc. That and you don't have to squeeze on to the tube twice a day :D

On the subject of business travel, it seems I might be going back to India in May. Not overjoyed at the prospect of risking my life again on those roads (and yes the driving really is that crazy) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjrEQaG5jPM
  • gwen80
    edited 22 April 2010 at 11:12PM
    Options
    Seems you can indeed find it on the ITV player Gwen... http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=138523. Not sure if Sky have a similar replay website though.

Ooh, fab. Thanks :D I'll try and search for the other one tomorrow.
    I guess it is not too bad being stranded on business. At least your hotel and food/drink is free and once your meetings are over you can catch up on reading a few books, use the gym, relax in the bar etc. That and you don't have to squeeze on to the tube twice a day :D

Yeah, the good side of it would be that you wouldn't have to pay for food and accomodation. I did think of reading a few books, but unless you've packed quite a few, you might be a bit stuck. I'd imagine most books in shops over there are written in Chinese? You could learn Chinese!! That's what you could do...you could come back fluent in Chinese...anyway you aren't stranded in China, so it makes no difference to you. Depends where your colleague is, but don't they have undergrounds in China? My friend did a lot of travelling in China and I'm sure she said that she took some sort of underground system at some point. She said it was awful.
    On the subject of business travel, it seems I might be going back to India in May. Not overjoyed at the prospect of risking my life again on those roads (and yes the driving really is that crazy) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjrEQaG5jPM

Lol! My Dad was over there in February and he said it was pretty crazy :rotfl: At least you get to travel with work. The furthest my company has sent me is Stansted airport (yes, that's right, just the airport...for a conference) :rotfl:
  • Corona007
    edited 22 April 2010 at 11:28PM
    Options
    Hmmm, computer foul up there! Never mind...

Not sure you could learn Chinese in 2 weeks but if you have nothing else to do I guess you could give it a good try....if not, you could count the bricks in the great wall to keep you busy :D

Seriously though the roads in India are terrifying. I consider myself a seasoned traveller who has seen it all but in the taxi on the way to to the office even I was shocked at what I was seeing.

It could be worse on the work travel though Gwen, you could have been asked to get on a Ryan Air flight once you got to Stanstead (is that snobby? Don't mean to be but I seriously dislike any airline that charges you to check in, for a drink or plays adverts on the P.A through out the flight).
  • gwen80
    edited 22 April 2010 at 11:48PM
    Options
    Hmmm, computer foul up there! Never mind...

Not sure you could learn Chinese in 2 weeks but if you have nothing else to do I guess you could give it a good try....if not, you could count the bricks in the great wall to keep you busy :D.

Lol or put you to sleep! Isn't that like counting sheep? I actually tried that for the first time the other week, when I couldn't sleep...it doesn't work :(
    Seriously though the roads in India are terrifying. I consider myself a seasoned traveller who has seen it all but in the taxi on the way to to the office even I was shocked at what I was seeing.)

Eek! Maybe fasten your seat belt and close your eyes?? Ignorance is bliss and all that...
    It could be worse on the work travel though Gwen, you could have been asked to get on a Ryan Air flight once you got to Stanstead (is that snobby? Don't mean to be but I seriously dislike any airline that charges you to check in, for a drink or plays adverts on the P.A through out the flight).

That is true. Instead I was put up in the Radisson which was very nice :D I've never flown with Easyjet/Ryanair etc, so don't have much idea about them. Most of my flights have been long haul, which they don't operate and I'm fortunate to have travelled in business for most of them. When the time comes when I can no longer travel business (which it will), I'll be in for a shock :eek: If it was a short flight, I don't think I'd care that much, but definitely long haul I'd be bothered. I've flown with United airlines a couple of times and they hardly feed you! I got off starving each time and had to get something to eat in the airport.
  • Corona007
    Options
    gwen80 wrote: »
    That is true. Instead I was put up in the Radisson which was very nice :D I've never flown with Easyjet/Ryanair etc, so don't have much idea about them. Most of my flights have been long haul, which they don't operate and I'm fortunate to have travelled in business for most of them. When the time comes when I can no longer travel business (which it will), I'll be in for a shock :eek: If it was a short flight, I don't think I'd care that much, but definitely long haul I'd be bothered. I've flown with United airlines a couple of times and they hardly feed you! I got off starving each time and had to get something to eat in the airport.

Long haul flights in Economy are not fun and if you are accustomed to business class you'll hate being sat at the back of the plane as you have much less space and getting any sleep can be tough. My experience is that the cut-off where Economy moves from uncomfortable to unbearable is about 10 hours. I've never been to Australia but I have no idea how anyone could spend 20+ hours in Economy without a trip to the chiropractor when they arrive :D

Sadly though my company is currently on an economy drive (quite literally) and business class travel is banned. If I do have to go back to India it will be in cattle class :(

Anyway, all this talk of travel depresses me - it reminds me of why I have £13,838 of debt :p. Time for some shut eye before another day of hell in the office.....
  • gwen80
    Options
    I've been to Australia quite a few times (I have family out there), almost always in business, with the odd flight in economy when I can't get business. One particular economy flight was horrific. I made the mistake of asking for a window seat (I like to look out and try and see stuff). Big mistake. I ended up sitting next to a couple I could only describe as bipolar. They went from lovey-dovey-uncomfortably-all-over-each-other to snapping, swearing and almost shouting at each other numerous times during the flight. The woman was particularly bad...I was really scared to ask if I could get past them, to the point that I only got up once during the whole flight :(

Bit rubbish that you're in economy, but my company is doing the same (for those that fly anywhere...*rollseyes*) How long is the flight to India?
  • gwen80
    Options
    I just watched more of that youtube video. Is RTA a major cause of death in India??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport