Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• gwen80
    gwen80 Posts: 2,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is Sky normally that much?? :eek:

Yeah, ditch lovefilm. I belong to them, but I think it's only a fiver a month or something, but then I'm probably on less films/month than you.

Contacts/checkups - Is that with Specsavers or something? Have you looked into buying your lenses online? I have to have quite expensive contact lenses and it still works out cheaper to buy them online, then just pay for a eye test/check up at my local optician than to get all of them from the optician.

Gwenx
    Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending
  • Corona007
    Corona007 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Gwen, £51 includes Sky HD plus phone line and broadband and I haven't even got Sports/Movies which would push it towards £80 :eek:

Lovefilm is definitely going - I've just finished a 3 month holiday with them and so can now cancel it. I've just noticed though that my payment went out yesterday for January so I might as well get my money's worth and cancel at the end of the month.

Never thought about buying contact lenses on the web - will have to do some digging around on that, thanks. Are there any recommended companies?

Also found out today that my project in the Midlands is likely to continue for a bit longer into this year so I'm going to be stuck in this hotel a while longer. Never mind, my heating is turned off at home and I don't have to buy any food and drink so it is saving me money overall :)
    Got my head out of the sand - 01/01/2010
    Total debts to clear - [STRIKE]£18,886[/STRIKE] now £14,878
    10k in 2010 challenge - £2,011
    11k in 2011 challenge - £1,997
  • Corona007
    Corona007 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    Well I'm shocked. I got a text earlier this week from Sky to say my phone line had been fixed and my broadband would now be activated. Hardly daring to believe it, I connected a phone when I got home from my work trip and indeed after 5 months waiting I now have a working phone:j. However, my master phone socket for some stupid reason is inside the storage cupboard with my hot water boiler and is a completely useless place to plug my phone into and is also miles away from my computer. There is an extension socket in my lounge but it seems the builders didn't bother to connect it up. I've now either got to move my computer into the boiler cupboard [which might be a bit of an uncomfortable place to sit looking at MSE :D] or spend some time tomorrow wiring up the extension socket!

But sadly there is also more bad news. The concierge signed for my router when it arrived from sky as I was away and they posted a note through my door to let me know. But it seems on trying to collect it they have now lost the bleeding parcel and have no idea where they put it so no broadband just yet :mad:.

If it wasn't so blinking annoying I'd be laughing about how much of a farce it has been to get a simple broadband line fitted in the middle of London :rotfl:

Anyway, I've just been doing my expenses and it seems I'm owed over £1,200 from work so I need to get that back sharpish. That will make a decent start on my credit cards for this year
    Got my head out of the sand - 01/01/2010
    Total debts to clear - [STRIKE]£18,886[/STRIKE] now £14,878
    10k in 2010 challenge - £2,011
    11k in 2011 challenge - £1,997
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business