🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Corona007's random ramblings

Options

Comments

• Lula-Hula
    Lula-Hula Posts: 7,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You will be frugal & budgetty in April :naughty:, or I will nag you :p.

I will be frugal & budgetty too so that I can get back to buying Twinings Tea rather than Waitrose Essentials asap. Sometimes it's the really simple things that I miss the most :(.

Onwards ...
  • Corona007
    Corona007 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    Ah, I like the feeling of a new month - it brings with it a new optimism and you can try to forget about the struggles and failures of the previous one. Plus this is going to be a busy month I suspect and so should fly by.

Today should have been a nice relaxing start but I have spent most of the evening on the phone dealing with a work crisis rather than watching a Bond film and enjoying a little tipple. To make matters worse I need to join a conference call at 9am tomorrow so I can't even make up for it now :mad:.

Sigh, at least it was an NSD as I didn't make it out to the pub in the end. Tomorrow won't be though as I don't even have enough food in the fridge to feed a fly on a diet let alone me. I might even have to do a trip to Tesco to help me stick to the budget. They do say you need to make sacrifices as a DFW but I never thought things would be this bad.

Anyway, also on the money side of things, I have just sold a lens for my camera which I didn't like very much on Amazon for £74. Mind you I have spotted one I DO like (at a bargain £180). Shhh, don't tell Lula in case I accidentally buy it at some point. :p

Tuesday will be a landmark day I think. My final DD payment of £79.38 is going out to Evil Halifax after which I can phone them up to cancel the card. Can't wait for that call, I might have to restrain myself from launching into a tirade of abuse against the poor old customer service rep though :D

Oh and I've just looked at my Nectar statement and see that I have almost 10,000 points. As far as I can tell there is b*gger all you can use them on nowadays which is disappointing. In the past you could put them towards an iPod, TV etc. Maybe I'll just use them to buy stock up on some Rioja from Sainsburys. :j
    Got my head out of the sand - 01/01/2010
    Total debts to clear - [STRIKE]£18,886[/STRIKE] now £14,878
    10k in 2010 challenge - £2,011
    11k in 2011 challenge - £1,997
  • Lula-Hula
    Options
    Lula sees & hears all :naughty:

Hurray for saying bye bye to Evil Halifax but shame about the 9am conference call :eek:.

I've had en email to say that my Virgin CC application has been succesful :j - no indication as to credit limit or whether it will be sufficient to balance transfer the barclaycard over but at least I will have 0 % for 12 months ;).

I'm currently on the pear cider as recommended by a fellow dfw & it's actually quite yummy - have never been a huge fan of cider, but needs must - it was only £1 for a bottle :D.

As to nectar points, I'vea feeling that that someone told me they can be used on amazon ... so perhaps check that out & you might get a decent discount on a camera :cool:.
  • Corona007
    Options
    Great news on the Virgin card Lula, I'm pleased to see Richard has seen sense finally. :j

Not really a fan of cider (especially since the Government stuck at extra 10% tax on it). I think I'll just stick to the wine, beer, Jack Daniels, G&T, Port, mojito etc etc.

Hmmm, port. Now there is an idea - if only the mouse hadn't eaten all the cheese (well alright I may have helped but let's move on).

You are right Lula, I could get a £20 voucher for Amazon for 8,000 points. Might be a good option....
  • Lula-Hula
    Options
    :rotfl:for trying to blame the mouse for the cheese & Mmmm to stilton, camembert, brie, dolcelatte etc etc etc ... I may well have been a mouse in my former life.

You can keep the beer & the Jack but G&T is my absolute favourite. Gordon & I have a real thing going ;).
  • Corona007
    Options
    Ah, even as a bloke I can see the attraction to Gordon but I have none in stock at the moment. Maybe something to pick up tomorrow at the supermarket :D

I'm not entirely sure how it has happened but an open bottle of wine appears to be sitting on the table next to me. Apparently it evaporates if left unattended for a long time so it wouldn't be very MSE of me not to drink it....

Ahem.
  • Lula-Hula
    Options
    Ahem indeed, why are you sitting on the table ?

I just hope that mouse can answer the phone at 9am tomorrow for your conference call :rotfl:
  • Corona007
    Options
    Lula-Hula wrote: »
    Ahem indeed, why are you sitting on the table ?

I just hope that mouse can answer the phone at 9am tomorrow for your conference call :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'm sure it'll be as coherent as me at that time of the morning on a Saturday.
  • Lula-Hula
    Options
    I've emptied my bottle :D so am off to bed now to indulge in some late night / early morning reading. I have just come across Bateman & I'm already a fan & delighted to discover that there are many more of his books out there to keep me amused of an evening :j

Hope you have a succesful shopping trip, will be waiting for your confession ...

Dont forget to drink a pint of water before going to bed :easter_os
  • Corona007
    Options
    I'm assuming that was a bottle of wine and not a bottle of Gordons :D

The only confession I'll be making tomorrow is that I lost my temper with some ditherer in the supermarket who stopped dead in front of me or wandered across my path without looking and that I accidentally on purpose rammed my trolley into them....

[I don't like supermarkets and I hate Tesco..... does it show :)]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income