Eager Elephant's Effective Everyday Excursion ...

Options

Comments

• Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I haven't even dared look at what you are discussing - I am a laydeeeeee!! :rotfl:

Thanks Moo for your comments on scratchcards - was a bit late though!!

I thought that I might as well play it all through so was playing bingo and only had £1.00 left and then I checked my balance and I had won £30!! I was gutted as I knew I couldn't withdraw so I played that all through on slots!!!! :mad:

Then I came and read your comment, tried it and it blinking worked!!!! So I have lost all that money although if I had changed my card I would have withdrawn and not played it through so only lost £10 really!!

Crikey that's confusing but I know what I'm on about!!

Anyhoo today I have deposited £10 to start again and did my scratchcard and won £5 so tonight I will withdraw my £10 and I am half way to withdrawal again!! Maybe they felt sorry for me!! :)

Still not paid in my cheque but will do today I promise (didn't I say that a few days ago)

DH and I have kind of made up - in that we have had sex (only on shag buddy terms and not as husband and wife!!) but I have told him I am still moody but couldn't remember why!! :rotfl:

Came to check diary so I can tell him!!! The problem is he doesn't know that I know he has a loan etc! and most of the issues are to do with his spending which I can't really comment on!! :mad:

EE
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Forgot to say I'm so excited I am going to Ibiza for my best friends hen weekend later in the year!!!

:j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j

I last went there when I was a fresh faced 18 year old!!

EE
  • moo2moo
    moo2moo Posts: 4,694 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Forgot to say I'm so excited I am going to Ibiza for my best friends hen weekend later in the year!!!

:j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j

I last went there when I was a fresh faced 18 year old!!

EE

*wheres the confused smiley when you need it?*

How can you forget something like that?????????

Bet you're super duper excited and already planning your holiday wardrobe.
    Saving for a Spinning Wheel and other random splurges : £183.50
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Trying to work out my budget for the month, I don't think I have enough money. :(

I have all my usual expenses and then I need to pay £60 for the deposit on the holiday, I will need to renew my passport which is £77.50 plus all the usual minimums on the cards.

I am going to try and do some mystery shopping I used to be signed up to loads but when I started working/volunteering full time I stopped.

I have reopened my account with one of them and there is quite a bit of work available but the mileage maximum does not cover the calls so I have emailed to say I will do them if no one takes them but only if I have some extra mileage paid?!!? They have said to wait until Tuesday as the campaign starts Wednesday and then they will let me know.

I must sort my CSA out, I have been mentioning this for ages but not got round to it. I know they have a huge backlog so it won't happen straight away but the extra money will come in handy.

If I don't have to do MS on Weds (day off) I will start sorting my books for Amazon.

I have still not paid my YouGov cheque in so I must do that tomorrow when I am at work.

Oooh and if you missed it I am May's PAD counter!!! :A

So if I am not on here it's because I am far too busy counting.

EE
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just thought I'd say I hope things with OH get better, it does seem like a strange situation to me..
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Just thought I'd say I hope things with OH get better, it does seem like a strange situation to me..

Trust me it is a strange situation. I have to live with it!! :D

I have decided to not let anything wind me up so I have not checked his ebay account or his Paypal account.

Even when he put more eggs in the incubator to hatch some more geese I did not go mad - I smiled sweetly and swore under my breath!!

EE
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    You are all going to be so amazed - I have finally paid in the YouGov cheque!!!!!!!! :T

The date on the cheque was 25/2/10 so not to much time has passed!!

I'm not even sure when it will clear.

I have also realised that I need to have my eye's tested this month and get some new contacts and glasses - this could wait but I have been putting it off since Nov.

Tomorrow I have a day off so need to sort my CSA and tax credits and see if I can get some books on Amazon.

EE
  • moo2moo
    moo2moo Posts: 4,694 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Trust me it is a strange situation. I have to live with it!! :D

I have decided to not let anything wind me up so I have not checked his ebay account or his Paypal account.

Even when he put more eggs in the incubator to hatch some more geese I did not go mad - I smiled sweetly and swore under my breath!!

EE

Thats a lot more polite than I was when I discovered a hen hiding in the hedge perched on top of a small hillock of eggs. I can't get ther out without injuring her so its 50:50 whether the fox gets her or the cat discovers we ave chicks before I do. Either way I'm clueless how many eggs there are, when they'll hatch or even what combination of breeds they will be. So much for aquiring Orpingtons this year.
    Saving for a Spinning Wheel and other random splurges : £183.50
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    moo2moo wrote: »
    Thats a lot more polite than I was when I discovered a hen hiding in the hedge perched on top of a small hillock of eggs. I can't get ther out without injuring her so its 50:50 whether the fox gets her or the cat discovers we ave chicks before I do. Either way I'm clueless how many eggs there are, when they'll hatch or even what combination of breeds they will be. So much for aquiring Orpingtons this year.

:rotfl:

I know the feeling well.

When we had hens in our garden every so often there would be no eggs so you would have to go off on a hunt for them!! and lo and behold you would find one or more broody hens (we have quite a few silkies who are renowned for broodiness) sitting their pleased as punch.

Sometimes if we had not collected the eggs for a few days we would leave them as the embreyo had started growing hence how we ended up with loads of chicks.

My cats were never that interested in the chicks which I guess when we had 7 was quite lucky.

I used a rabbit run for the hen and her chicks so they could still come outside and scratch but were protected from the cockerel!!

Obviously this will not work if your hen is oustide although if you had a run with no sides missing could you put this over her so they are all born contained in the run?

At the moment we have baby turkeys and geese - they are great fun to watch. Unfortunately the turkeys have to stay under the heat lamp for weeks as they have a death wish.

The geese love annoying the turkeys and keep running through them kamakazi stylee knocking everyone over!!

EE
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Still busy making my PAD's and counting them!!

Have paid my YouGov cheque to Paypal credit card as part of my PAD.

I have 2 banking campaign's to do from one of the mystery shopping companies. They are quite a distance away so I have been given extra money - hope it goes ok and I don't forget anything!!

Have booked my eye test for a few weeks time.

DH has been buying things on ebay again, I have been turning a blind eye to the parcels that have been arriving but today their were 5!!! :eek: I checked his ebay account and he has been buying agan - I did not say anything and I feel very calm about it!! Since I said above about not getting stressed I feel strangely calm about him spending his money.

DD announced she had a secret to tell me that DH did not want her to. She announced that DH had put come chicken eggs in the incubator!! Why is he dragging her into his spending and secrets. I smiled sweetly (I already knew he had brought some because I had checked ebay) and DH had a childish grin on his face.:(

The more I read the more I think we have a co-dependent relationship although nothing happened to me as a child to cause this.

I asked DH about the chicken eggs, he claims he needs to breed some chickens to make money!! (Hmm if you had not spent your money on other things off ebay you wouldn't need to make some money:mad:). Clearly this was not said to him but said in my head!!

EE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport