Eager Elephant's Effective Everyday Excursion ...

Options

Comments

• Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well today has been an expensive day - I have been to the opticians and spent £201.50 :eek:

This is for 2 pairs of glasses, a sight test and contact lenses. The glasses were 2 for 1.

I wish my eyesight was better, I have to have my eyes checked yearly and each time I end up spending loads on glasses etc

Optical Adviser (!) did hand my receipt over and say to keep it safe in case you need to claim through any scheme and that got me thinking about whether it would be worth signing up to one of the schemes. Hmmm

EE
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Well the latest from the Elephant household is that DH decided he was too ill for work today!! :mad:

He has been suffering for some time with a stomach complaint but the hospital can't seem to find the cause of it. Spices seem to start a flare up and yesterday I cooked a biryani!!! :eek:
    He also decided that he is very depressed about life in general, work is fine (this is a good thing because work is normally the worst) but I don't trust him so we are not happy and relative's children (DH's half-brothers) are nightmares. Oh and he was tired - erm go to bed earlier then!!

I rung home loads today (worried that he might kill himself) and DH said he would contact the doctors but he did not so instead he slept for most of the day and now his stomach is fine!! :mad:

I am always tired but I can't take time off work like he does. I am so annoyed with him as he could have gone to work instead of taking time off sick.

The whole trust issue has reared it's head again as DH changed his facebook password so I couldn't check his account. I confronted him yesterday about it and he made up some stupid excuse. He asked whether I trusted him, I said no due to everything that has happened over the last 7 years and he seems to have taken offence. He has always known I don't trust him but thinks I will one day but I have told him that I will never trust him.
    Then he had the cheek to turn it around to say sometimes I act suspicious but he still trusts me. I had to remind him that I had not started online relationships ith other men! That soon shut him up!!

Then this morning he said we weren't happy etc and now he was more depressed so then I felt guilty for saying how I was feeling. Grrr he does this to me every time. :mad:

Not even sure if he is going to work tomorrow.

EE
  • Eager_Elephant
    edited 20 May 2010 at 8:57PM
    Options
    Relative's sons have not really bothered with their father except on Tuesday the youngest came over for the letter to take to the bank.

Bank did CHAPS payments to both sons.

Eldest son rung Tuesday night to say that the money was in his account.

Youngest travelled to a local town the next day to see about cosmetic surgery!!! and called by on his way home but did not come in.

Youngest rung today and wanted to take relative to town as his bank has closed his account as they are suspicious of the money which has gone in.
    Relative said he was not up to it and DH was home anyway so he has rung all afternoon but they have ignored the phone.
    We are worried that son will ring tomorrow and force him to go to town as we will not be here to stop him.

I don't think son realises how seriously ill his dad is. :mad:

I have done my bit for society and informed the DWP fraud department that they have both had their money!! :rotfl:
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Oh yeah, this diary is supposed to be about money so erm.......

I am skint!!

I am now going to do my expenses for last month which I should get back tomorrow so then I will be able to start PADing again.

EE
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    My goodness!1 I have not been on for ages :eek:

Not a lot has really been happening except I have been paid so I have some money to PAD.

I have been doing all my surveys and will post an update on my points/pounds as I have not done so since my first post.

Relative is doing ok but we are waiting for an appt for a chest x-ray which was supposed to be within 2 weeks but he has been home 2 weeks and we have not heard anything so will ring on Tues as he is coughing a lot still so I reckon the antibiotics have not worked fully.

His son rang on Friday and took him to town to sort the bank account, he made him walk quite a distance which I thought was wrong but just goes to show what kind of person he is.

Youngest son has also rung this week to 'dob' on oldest son and the comment was I don't want to worry you, but thought you should know......' and then what he told him did make him worry :mad:

Oldest son claims he has paid the estate agent in full and they would ring to confirm but as yet no phone call has been received. :mad:

Other than that everything is going ok with relative, he has brought himself a new sofa to help his neck so at least he has spent something on himself.

I best also do my update for the month for balances.

EE
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    I last posted my total's on 1st Jan so thought I would see where things are at the moment:

Yougov – [STRIKE]4585[/STRIKE] 710 - took £50 payout on 24/3
    Pure Profile - [STRIKE]£18.20[/STRIKE] £18.45
    Lightspeed – [STRIKE]2475[/STRIKE] 905 - redeemed some on 1/2
    Global Test – [STRIKE]76[/STRIKE] 301
    Valued Opinions – [STRIKE]£5.75[/STRIKE] £8.75
    Opinion Bar - [STRIKE]£7.38 [/STRIKE] £7.60
    Harris Poll – [STRIKE]460[/STRIKE] 910
    One Poll - [STRIKE]£4.05[/STRIKE] £5.20
    Ipoints(now Maximiles) – [STRIKE]1280[/STRIKE] 1865
    Rewarded Opinions – [STRIKE]995[/STRIKE] 1675
    MyVoice - [STRIKE]545[/STRIKE] 700
    Hi-Epanel - 57 points - cashed in 100 points last week

This bottom one is one I had forgotten about, I did a survey last week and had enough points to claim a £16 Amazon voucher :T this should do for OH's father's day present :D

At the moment I am going to continue with all of them and then review in 3 months.

EE
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow, I'm impressed!! The only one I do is T0luna, I think if I was doing all of those surveys I would go mad!! I have redeemed with them for £39 of Amazon recently though, so they're working for me.
  • Eager_Elephant
    edited 30 May 2010 at 11:37AM
    Options
    These are my balances taken from this month's statements:

Barclaycard - £7729.84
    Amazon - £2297.01
    Abbey - £794.12
    Paypal - £581.02

Total - £11401.99

Reduction - £66.60 :(

This is disgusting especially as this includes about £12 of PAD's to Barclaycard, the other PAD's went to Paypal and their statement is printed on 6th of the month so won't see any benefit until next month.

Obviously this could have been better but had to pay £200 for my new glasses/contact lenses and pay £60 to holiday. These were paid from my bank account. I have not used my credit cards for months.

This month should be better although I need to sort my passport out.

EE
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Wow, I'm impressed!! The only one I do is T0luna, I think if I was doing all of those surveys I would go mad!! I have redeemed with them for £39 of Amazon recently though, so they're working for me.

Hi FF

I used to do Toluna but got a bit narked with it all, never being accepted for surveys but I guess the key is to do opinions of your own (think I saw that you do this) and to do all the surveys which give 15 points which must soon build up.

I quite enjoy doing the surveys - I like YouGov as the surveys are easy and you get paid quite well - the only downside is that you have to get to 5000 points before you get the cheque for £50. Although I did a group discussion for 1.5 hrs recently and got £25 which was nice.

EE
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Reduction - £66.60 :(

You mistyped....you meant to say

Reduction - £66.60 :D

Any reduction is good, it's when the balances are going up that it's bad. I know it's disheartening, but things are going in the right direction. Keep the faith!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure