Eager Elephant's Effective Everyday Excursion ...

Options

Comments

• Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Another rant, feel free to scroll down!! :p

Facebook has always been a contentious issue with DH and I, mostly because I think he has emotionally cheated on me with women who are his friends on there.

Anyway I am over it but I don't trust him at all.

DH has a half-brother who sexually abused him when he was younger, this is some of the reason for his depression.
    We have not spoken to the half-brother for 8 years (since DH told me about what had happened) and we have always kept our distance when visiting family, if the half-brother is there we will leave etc.

Half brother has decided that despite all the bad he has done in life, physical/mental/sexual abuse to various people he has changed and therefore everyone should now get on.
    Well everyone seems to agree but I can't forgive or forget so won't have anything to do with him. I thought DH felt the same but then I discovered that he had added his half-brother as a friend on Facebook.

It all kicked off and DH said he only did it because he was giving grief to other family members and it kept the peace!! I disagreed and thought DH should stand up for himself.

In a fit of anger he deactivated his account, then 2 weeks later reactivated it but did not have his half-brother as his friend despite numerous requests from him.

DH even told me that he had reported him and so he was no longer allowed to view his account.

2 days ago we had another row as he had added his half brother and I did not want him to so I deleted DH from my facebook and the kids' because I am worried that he will be able to see our profiles.
    DH then deactivated his facebook again!!

Today relative who lives with us gets a phone call from DH's half brother (relative's son) to say that DH is friends with one of his ex girlfriends and his new girlfriend does not like it so can DH remove her?!!?!?

I queried this with DH because 2 days ago he had deactivated his account, he claims he has not reactivated it - yeah so it happened by itself?!!?

So now me and the children are not DH's friend but he can have his half brother who sexually abused him as a friend :mad::mad:

Maybe I am missing something but if someone had sexually abused me I would not have them as a friend on facebook.

So now I am wondering if DH was even sexually abused or whether he made it up for attention?

Unless he is still controlled by his half brother and so will do anything to keep the peace.

To be honest I am so miffed about it, i can barely bring myself to speak to DH tonight.

EE
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Right I'm so ready to fight this debt.

According to my March statements my debt figures were:

Barclaycard - £7837.83
    Amazon - £2306.24
    Abbey - £831.10
    Paypal - £600.52

Total - £11575.69
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    I have checked the statements today and these are the balances:

Barclaycard - £7759.44
    Amazon - £2305.40
    Abbey - £812.40
    Paypal - £591.35

Total - £11468.59

Reduction - £107.10

I know it's not much and this includes the £50 YouGov payment. I have chcked all my interest rates and they are awful. My minimum payments were £241.32 so the rest is going to interest.

Particularly poor was the Amazon card, for some reason it reduced by less than £1.00 :mad:. There were no additional charges.
    I have noticed that every few months it does this, this month after minimum payment it should reduce by about £8 - not great but better than £1.

I'm not really sure if I should be concentrating on my Barclaycard, it has the highest rate of interest but also the largest balance.
    I am wondering whether I should attack one of the smaller balances to see if they then offer me a balance transfer which I could move some of the Barclaycard to. It would also help motivate me and I would have 1 less payment going out!! :D

EE
  • moo2moo
    moo2moo Posts: 4,694 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It might not be by much but it is at least going down.

Sorry things are so carp at home. It makes doing the simplest little thing hell.
    Saving for a Spinning Wheel and other random splurges : £183.50
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    My statement from Barclaycard has arrived, as from 19th May my interest will increase from 24.9% to 29.9% but if I want to close the account they will keep it at the old rate.

I have rung them today and asked to close the account - the balance is £7759.44. I thought they might agree to me remaining a customer (I have always been a good customer running up debt and only paying the minimums!! :rotfl:that I thought they would love to keep me. A few months aso I was late with a payment and they reduced my limit down to my balance so I knew they weren't happy with me!!)

So I can clear the rest of the debt at 24.9% which will take ages!!

I seriously need to make some money, I thought about applying for some part time jobs but then realised that I would have to work school holidays and I have given up my voluntary work for just that reason.

I have about 1000 books which used to be listed on Amazon which fell off last year - might list these again and see if I can make some money that way or maybe I should try matched betting??

Have been doing Butlins Bingo but got to payout last week and when I tried to withdraw the money they said there was an error and to ring Customer Services - I know if I ring they will say that I have only been playing the free games so I can't have the money - grrr :mad:. I'm going to play the balance down and then close the account.

I have the £25 YouGov cheque on the table so much remember to take it tomorrow to pay in.

Not much to report on the DH front - being a twot as usual so just leaving him to it!!

EE
  • magpiedawn
    magpiedawn Posts: 307 Forumite
    Options
    Hi EE and Moo
    Playing catch up as usual, and loads seems to have happened, think it must be a full time job keeping one step ahead of your OH, although i am still laughing at his premier account, you know the one where you queue at the SPECIAL desk to save you queuing.:rotfl:
    Que sera sera-whatever will be will be
  • moo2moo
    Options
    Gah. Got rid of the OH for a couple of days only to have the DDs turn into little shoites. DD1 has stomped off to her bedroom in a mega strop having been told off for telling off the puppy who was leaping up at her because she was ignoring it. One or other of them seems to materialise in my bed during the night and wriggle and kick and snore keeping me awake. Have tried sneaking off to their rooms but they follow like sheep. I need sleep. Undisturbed sleep. Fat chance of that.
  • moo2moo
    Options
    Closing Barclaycard is a most excellent idea but the interest rate is truly ridiculous.

Eeeek because I'm a nosey cow I stuck snowball into google meaning snowball calculator but forgot the calculator bit and whadya know the very first think to pop up wouldn't be out of place in a v. dodgy adult movie. Wasn't aware Googles quick intro to a site could be so graphically put. Will be updating my parental blocks after that shocker.

Moving swiftly on to the Snowball (calculator not swapper of bodily fluids - shudder at the thought) its worse than I thought, in fact its so bad its almost farcical. If you go by Barclaycards minimum payments the card will eventually be cleared in April of 2110 only a century to go then. Thats truly abysmal but very profitable for them as they'd make £66.5K in interest.

Have you considered a part time job in a school? Dinner ladies and lunchtime supervisors spring to mind as these don't need any qualifications nor offer any stress. They're usually paid at marginally above minimum wage and you'd get all school holidays off as well as not earning enough to pay tax or NI unless you already earn enough with the other things you do. At worst go on the relief register which means they phone you when someone is off sick and you could end up anywhere but they usually cover your taransport costs and that way you can say no when it doesn't fit in around the other things you have planned. You'd be surprised just how many job vacancies exist. We've just employed a new school cook and she was the only person to apply.

Might be worth trying your books on Green Metropolis as well as Amazon. I've had mixed success on both but seem to get slightly more money from Green Met because I have some very obscure titles.
  • moo2moo
    Options
    and finally.... the only reason Butlins would want you to contact customer services is if the card you want to withdraw on is different to the one you deposited on. Has it expired since you registered or been stolen, damaged etc. etc.
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    moo2moo wrote: »
    Eeeek because I'm a nosey cow I stuck snowball into google meaning snowball calculator but forgot the calculator bit and whadya know the very first think to pop up wouldn't be out of place in a v. dodgy adult movie. Wasn't aware Googles quick intro to a site could be so graphically put. Will be updating my parental blocks after that shocker.
    *removes search filters*

*googles*

*APPLIES BRAIN BLEACH*

Urgh...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business