PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

January 2010 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• skaps
    skaps Posts: 2,255 Forumite
    Options
    Moniker wrote: »
    Just finished catching up on the posts - and have though of a quick question. Does anyone know what I can make with a jar of cranberry jelly? I bought a jar for the Christmas turkey but still have about 3/4 left. It's been in the fridge but I think it will have to be used soon or might have to be binned! Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks

Moniker

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Apple-Cranberry-Crumb-Pie-5906 This looks good
    MFW 2016 No 68 £1300/£8500 No new toiletries Cook sth different
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ok hello all new to this,but have loved the site for a long time..Just found out Im pregnant with our second child and my husband is being made redundant in June....so as you can see we need to cut back a bit:(my aim for a family of 4 is £200 per month on food starting from 11/01/10..fingers crossed...

welcome to the GC, you'll find lots of support and ideas here and Helen will be along to add you to the front page list soon. Good luck! ;)

Kitty I'm glad you (and Jamie) are finding the recipes useful ;)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • CherryPie
    Options
    Should've been another NSD today, but went to shop to get milk & papers, so another £3.80 on my total. I count almost everything (except petrol) into my GC, so any newspapers & mags go in there too. I'll be buying The Sun for the next few days as I'm gonna book one of their £9.50 hols. Went on one last year to spain, and it was well worth it. Nothing flash don't get me wrong, but worth £9.50 and a few pounds for the tokens.

I'm so chuffed with myself as I think this is the longest I've stuck rigidly to my budget. Working right through til Friday now so must organise some lunches, although I think I've enough spicy lentil soup in the freezer to last til next Friday!! :o
    My name is CherryPie and I'm addicted to grocery shopping!!

Grocery Challenge

Feb 2016 - £46.73 / £100.00
  • skaps
    skaps Posts: 2,255 Forumite
    Options
    Have done my mealplan for next week and have to get a few bits and bobs but hopefully won't spend more than £30. That way I'll still have around £90 left for the last 2 weeks of January. Have written a shopping list so as long as i stick to it, all should be ok.
    MFW 2016 No 68 £1300/£8500 No new toiletries Cook sth different
  • mrssnowy_2
    Options
    Way behind with post reading,will catch up another day.

DH and I went out with friends for carvery lunch today-very nice but I could have done a lot with the money!
    Had quite a few NSD because of the snow,I have written a shopping list which grows longer by the day as shopping will have to wait till I go to the dentists-on the 21st!!!(it is 28 miles away but has MrMorri)
    We have only been buying milk and living out of the freezer and storecupboard,and haven't we eaten well:rotfl:
    Now down to 2 bags of bread flour,and have had cheese and washing powder off Mum(her washing machine waste pipe has frozen so doesn't need the powder:o)
    Slow cooker now on with chicken and loads of veggies-could only just get lid on-thats for lunch/tea tomorrow,need to be organised as I will have to walk to work tomorrow.
    Take care
    mrss
    You can't stay young for ever,but you can be immature for the rest of your life.
  • Moniker
    Moniker Posts: 626 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thanks to poppy-glos and skaps for recipe ideas. I think I may try a variation on the apple and cranberry 'crumble' one. I'll let you know how it goes.

cheers

Moniker
  • mrsmortenharket
    Options
    I am doing the Jan grocery challenge.

£500 for groceries, babymilk, household & catfood.

Toiletries, incl nappies/wipes not included.

Will see how I do.

Will amend sig!

Lisa
  • Money_Fritter
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Spent £17.83 on groceries yesterday, I just went to the local shop as I could not get to tesco, on account of the snow. I am on target at the moment.

Take care

Money Fritter
    DFW#972 LBM2 (09/07/12) £25938.84; Current £23783.35;
    Credit Credit Card1 £128.47/£6424.24 (2%);
    Credit Card2 £443.86/£15663.25 (2.8%); Overdraft £0/£2500 (0%)
  • Helen1965
    Options
    Hmmm might have been slightly over-optimistic with my budget...I'm halfway through it already!!! Did a £60 shop in Netto today and will just have to see if I can get to the end of the week using what we have in then maybe I'll be back on track.

Helen
    DFW £11,086.35 (Apr 09):eek: £629.35 (Jul 10):j
    proud to be dealing with my debts
  • LINKYPIE2009
    Options
    Evening/Morning all,

Will catch up on all posts later.

Went to Mr A today and managed to spend £30.45 (sig amended) -

needed to keep my mind busy today so DH and I cleaned out the freezers, have loads of meat so won't need to buy any for a while!

Hugs as always xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family