PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2010 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Long_tall_sally
    Options
    Another NSD for me which doesn' tend to happen too often but tbh I just cant be bothered to get the snow of fthe car & drive anywhere. I think I have had about 4 or 5 already this month so budget looking good so far!
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
  • angelatgraceland
    Options
    Well I think I could have gone out today but asked myself what I really needed that I should make the journey. Shopping can be a bad habit. Im hoping to get to work by car tomorrow-I will see what happens overnight. Only really going to need bread milk and salad stuff but I will stock up more if I can-just in case I get snowed in again.
    Divided up my roast chicken really well today-when DH normallyattacks it-it is a total mess and he seems to demolish far more than his fair share. Ive managed to serve up 4 portions from the 2 breast plus the 2 legs. Anything else I salvage will be for the cat. Just popped the carcass in a pan before DH bins it-he can be a wasteful so and so! Saved the water from my steamed veg for veg stock-that will be frozen asap. Cooked some macaroni cheese to take to work tomorrow for me and DS lunch. I think I will make some egg mayo for those at home as I seem to sstretch things further than anyone else. I can at last return the baskets to the freezer as Id previosly had to empty them out to make more space. Must look through my box of jars for some inspiration now. Might do some baking tonight-I fancy a nice victoria sponge.
    Re caster sugar osomeone mentioned earlier-I have to be honest-I never buy it! I just use granulated as it is and no harm done.
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening all

PLEASE SIGN ME UP FOR £350 BUDGET FOR JANUARY SORRY I'M A BIT LATE

Have been missing in action for a while but have still been lurking and am now back with you. Had a great Xmas and New Year and have celebrated a big bday this week, so have been away with OH for a dinner and night in our fav hotel this weekend, kids went to MIL and FIL's. Shopped at MrA's this week and bought a few extras as several offers on at mo, so hoping next couple of week's shops will be cheaper. Have menu planned so shouldn't need to spend much between now and Friday (normal shopping day).
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • TheBees
    TheBees Posts: 601 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone

Well my Sains delivery arrived Saturday morning thank goodness so we're nicely stocked up. Unfortunately I notice when the driver had gone that my olive oil has gone cloudy. Is this OK to use or should I get a refund? :confused: Also, as I had to re-do the order because it was cancelled earlier in the week, I just clicked on add to basket for most items but forgot to change the quantity. This meant that I only got 1 banana, 1 onion and one carrot!:rotfl:So I had to pop down to the local greengrocers for some F&V.

Have just sorted out the menu plan for the week - tonight it's roast chicken and then a chicken pie made with leftovers probably on Wed. Other meals include sausage pasta, baked potatoes, lemon chicken, chicken wraps and fish pie.

The snow's melting here and despite the warnings of severe weather that was threatened here over the weekend it hasn't happened. Looks like life will be back to normal next week.
    Mortgage Free in 3 part 2 challenge - pay off £9000
    Sealed Pot Challenge 416 - target £500
  • SilverCo
    SilverCo Posts: 160 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone :hello:

Thanks angelaatgraceland and ragz for the advice on Approved Foods. I might justgive them a go! :T

Spent another £16.83 today :mad:, this time on the cat food and litter I forgot to buy yesterday. Fortunately DH braved the cold and struggled into town for me! :A He's also much better at sticking to the list than I am too!! Have updated sig to show today's spend.

Am determined to have some NSDs this month, if it's the last thing I do! :o

Stay safe and warm everyone :snow_laug

Silver x
    1st LBM :idea: 21.12.09 Total Debt - £21049.95.
    Final LBM :idea: 16.8.13 Total Debt - £16583
    DFW Nerd #1282 - Proud to be Dealing with My Debts! :D
    :A SPC Member #1182 :A
  • SilverCo
    SilverCo Posts: 160 Forumite
    Options
    TheBees wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Unfortunately I notice when the driver had gone that my olive oil has gone cloudy. Is this OK to use or should I get a refund? :confused:

Hi TheBees, cloudy olive oil is perfectly OK to use. It's only due to the cold weather that it's gone cloudy, nothing more sinister! ;)

Silver x
    1st LBM :idea: 21.12.09 Total Debt - £21049.95.
    Final LBM :idea: 16.8.13 Total Debt - £16583
    DFW Nerd #1282 - Proud to be Dealing with My Debts! :D
    :A SPC Member #1182 :A
  • becky170
    becky170 Posts: 858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I had to pop to somerfield to satsify my craving for chocolate mousse. Also picked up reduced to clear cherries, milk (can't bare the thought of running out of milk and not being able to have coffee to warm myself up) and galaxy chocolate (to help with my revision!) so spent £3.67. My friend has offered me a lift to the supermarket next weekend so I'm going to try and not have a proper shop until then.

The snow is starting to melt here which I'm quite happy about!
    Mortgage-free wannabe #66 £105/4000
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,904 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Just on to update my sig. Luckily we have a MrT Extra just 200 yrds from home which was bedlam yesterday, but surprisingly calm today.

I was meant to be working tomorrow but it's been cancelled due to the weather. This will save me having to put petrol in the car YAY.

All on track so far this month, just got to keep focussed. Good luck to anyone who is struggling, both with the GC and the snow.

Coxy
    xx
    Cross-stitch WIP: HSC Winter Panel 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert 14/24
  • pammyj74
    pammyj74 Posts: 3,290 Forumite
    Options
    we got to mr M at a bit too late today for whoopsies so only got some rolls and more dunkers
    so was good and only spent £2.35
    MPs left feb '08 276- Dec 13 36 :T MB Jan 10 ~ £82,377 Dec 13 ~ £29987
    EMFD was Feb 32 :eek: NOW Dec 2013 its Dec 2016
    MF new target Dec 16 REACHED!! :j
  • RuthG
    RuthG Posts: 315 Forumite
    Options
    NSD today.

Done an inventory of the contents of the freezer and have enough to keep me going for a couple of weeks! Did throw away about 20 thin pork sausages though, found buried at the bottom of the freezer - my guess is they have been there for a couple of years and would rather be safe than sorry.

Once it's empty, I will need to defrost it thoroughly too - declutter some ice!

Ruth
    Sealed pot challenge no 889: £143.96 saved :j
    DayDream fund: £931.82 :j
    GC JAN£62.58/£200;Feb £100.39/£200
    NSD Jan 18/30; Feb 20/27
    Ideal weight:aim 8st7lbs; weigh in Mondays: started Jan 2010; so far: 3lbs/23lbs :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure