PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2010 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• katycocoa
    katycocoa Posts: 161 Forumite
    Options
    Spent £11 on cheese, washing up liquid, bleach and fruit. Got loads of cheese as was a bargain in Farmfoods - 600g for £2 so got 3 packs!
  • LINKYPIE2009
    Options
    £36.48 for me in Mr A today.....off to update sig xxx
  • tessasmum
    tessasmum Posts: 238 Forumite
    Options
    Have spent 76p today on milk - would have been more but the village shop didn't have any decent tomato ketchup so we passed on that! Stocks are holding up well and there is nothing else that we need at the moment: some inventive meal planning, but we're doing Ok - the weather is keeping us in too!
    December GC: £350
  • theduchesshavoc
    Options
    Hello is it too late to join? I would like to set my limit for January to £65 if it's not. Thanks :)
    :pPOO - TEE - WEET :p
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had to venture out again and bought some milk, bread, an onion, some bacon and mushrooms - £10.90. We get through so much milk here with the kids that I swear it would be cheaper to have our own cow lol!!!
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • freakyogre
    freakyogre Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    I was naughty today and bought a packet of mini cheddars from the vending machine at work, so 55p spent. Not bad, but could have been avoided had I made lunch last night, rather than leaving it til this morning when I know I never have time as would rather have an extra 5 minutes in bed! I will be making tomorrow's lunch tonight. Infact, I will do it now.
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • Cheapskate
    Cheapskate Posts: 1,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello all

New Year resolutions include keeping up on these threads & making more of an effort with GC & others. Please can you put me down for £300 for January?

DH now technically unemployed as he's setting up for himself, so our bank a/c, that's fairly healthy atm, will have to stretch for a good while so we don't dip into savings too soon! :eek: Baby's getting bigger & more settled, so should be able to crack on with better planning/shopping/cooking/baking etc :D:rolleyes:

Got to get out new sewing machine next week & get stuck in to some curtains, bedding & other things.

See you all later x.
    Jan 2021 GC £11.70/£300
    2021 mission declutter& clean 53/2021
    Jan NSD 7/31
  • slowandsteady_2
    Options
    Evening all,

Have sent dh to Mr T with a small list, he actually sticks to lists unlike me!

He should arrive home with:

bread
    porridge
    loo rolls
    marge

will update sig when i have the receipt. Shouldnt be much though.

Still have some leftover bits to use in the fridge, we eat late, so im going to use up the sausages and do simple sausage and chips. Have done a pan of carrot and lentil soup for lunches for a couple of days so all good.

Stay safe and happy nsd's!
  • angelatgraceland
    Options
    laurasavon wrote: »
    I hadn't planned on getting any more food today, but i've been offered a job starting monday so needed some bread and sandwich meat ready for next week and i got some more veg to stock up on some batch cooking over the weekend - hopefully i won't need to go food shopping again for a week. Spend today £17.89

Has anyone got any interesting recepies for pork chops? I took some out the freezer this morning but should have a couple left over

Make some stuffing and put between them then bake!

Had a few NSDs as Im snowed in. Its cost me a weeks wages so far as I can't get to work. Distance is walkable but not in the snow and ice-its hilly and Ive got bad knees. Hopefully it will be ok next week and I can catch up a few of the hours at work. DH and myself booked today off for his hospital checkup but had to cancel. White stuff looks lovely but its a pain. School shut for 2 days also but thankfully eldest DD got back from France today safely.
    Run out of milk so using powdered-Im lucky-I know we could last a month if we had to. We would miss a few things but would be ok. I made a nice veggy curry yesterday and popped in a few chopped potatoes to pad it out, Still got some over today-the rest will go into the freezer. Had to bring in my stock of jars from the garage incase they freeze as it is cold and draughty in there so Ive now got boxes of jars in the kitchen. Cant chance wasting them though. Must do kitchen inventory-I think I will start it now-along with the jars from the garage-its a good start. Did a topup shop the other day-will update sig later. Made sure I got to odoctors to sort out a few problems before the bad weather and to update our medications. Happy that we managed the important stuff-work wont be happy with my absence but a lot of the shops closed early yesterday due to the weather so I guess they are beginning to understand.
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • Long_tall_sally
    Options
    Another £32.43 spend for me today split between Mr T's & Morrisons. was quite pleased with what I bought though. Will update signature now.
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure