PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2010 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• TheCheapFashionista
    Options
    I would love to join in but as its the 18th Jan I think I'm a little late!!! What I am going to do however is make a note of what I spend between now and the end of the month and when Feb's challenge kicks off there'll be no stopping me!!!

Good luck everyone!
    Crazy £100 Clothes Challenge 2010 No. 136 = £0/£100 budget
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2010 No. 897 - £59.36:p
  • thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well I'm not going to make it:o I spent £97.25 this morning. I'm sure I could have managed on half that but when it's not a question of having to....

Maybe I'll have another go in Feb. But don't hold your breath:D
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Just on to update my total spends as I spent £20.65 today in MrA. This included 240 PG T!ps at £3 and 200g of Nescafe G0ld for £5, which will last well into Feb if not longer.

I appear to have everything I need for the remainder of my Jan GC (ends Friday), but won't declare just yet!! Don't want to tempt fate.

Good luck to everyone with their GC.

Coxy
    xx
    Cross-stitch WIP: HSC Winter Panel 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert 14/24
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    There I was walking around Mr M putting this, that and lots of other stoopid stuff in my trolley when I stopped and suddenly remembered the Grocery challenge from last year! What was I doing?:confused: so a heck of a lot of stuff went back on the shelves and instead of approx £110 (added up mega roughly in the old bonce) I skipped out with £70 of stuff suitable for at least 10-14 days and lots of veg pasta and rice to eeeekkkk out the protein.
    So, may I please return with head hung in shame and put down a monthly figure of
    Purpleclutterbuck -£280 ??????
    :o:o:o:o:o:o

Well done for putting the stuff back:T
  • brodie1_2
    brodie1_2 Posts: 131 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,
    been to somerfields (thats 36 loo rolls now) friskies senior 1.20 each buy 2 get 70p off some chedder as running low,cahedral bogof pilgrims half price and some rocky bars half price total.8.26 may pop in mr Ts when pick dh up as hardly any polish left. Went in Boots only place I can find Lynx shower gel on offer 2 for £3.00(usually get it when its £1.00 each. Superdrug 99p for amplex deo.
    Altogether £12.25
    Made apizza for tea to use up the left over chirzo
    JGC £240.00/actual 159.46 think I shoild keep to budget
    Brodie1
    :jBrodie 1/ july 300/330.62:oAugust300/322.49:o
    September 300/239.78:jOct300/258.50:jNov 250/282.24:) December 300/300.01:j JAN 2011 300/288.72 :j . September 300/319.19:(, October 300/351.59:jThree adults, 1 dog and 1 cats and cleaning stuff, toiletries, beer.
  • daisy1973
    daisy1973 Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, have been shopping in Mr M and icel*nds,plus put some petrol in the car,my total so far this month is £274.97 so i have £115.3 left and 3 more shopping trips left in the month:eek:Hopefully can come in under,even if just by a penny:D
    £365 in 365 days challenge(dec 09/ dec 10)£62 banked:D
    Feb GC /£390(me,DH,DD(17),DS(12)2dogs)
    (food,drink,household goods,toiletries,petrol)
    Drop one thing in 2010 challenge-Magazines
    50,000 situps by end of 2010 1024/20,000(own target):)
  • Purpleclutterbuck
    Options
    Thanks so much budgeteer ! Its great to feel back in control (well just a little bit!)
    Keep up the good work everyone!
    May you fill up the great clutterbucket of life and may all of your leaks be in cheese sauce:D
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without:cool:
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Spent €48.16 to-day...will update sig soon, can't remember what its at, think €64 something, so not bad, hopefully.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • KITTY_2-2
    KITTY_2-2 Posts: 263 Forumite
    Options
    A few spends over the weekend so signature updated.

Following the recommendations on the quality of meat and veg at Lidl, I decided to give it a try. I was quite impressed both with the price and the quality and bought quite a few bits for the week. Also hit Mr S and Mr M but didn't get many bargains. I was in Mr M at 3.45 on Sunday when they shut at 4 and hardly any of the meat, veg, bakery or dairy stuff was reduced. Did I go too late? :confused:

Anyway was going to be a NSD today but my sister picked up a pack of Muller Light with chocolate for us to share so a huge 75p to add to total.
    :xmastree:
    Merry Christmas
  • scotsaver
    scotsaver Posts: 824 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone - hope you all had a good weekend. I've logged on to update my total with today's spends on veg, milk and eggs. Just logged onto Ald! website and their Super 6 this week includes Grapes, blueberries and red apples so shall pop there tomorrow and that will be this weeks fruit sorted.:T

Dinner tonight is a HM mince pie, mash, peas and sweetcorn.;)

Have a good evening everyone.:D
    "WASTE NOT, WANT NOT!"
    GC for OH, myself, DD18 & DD16 includes Toiletries, cleaning stuff & Food.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure