We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The 2010 crazy clothes challenge

1…141142144146147…170

Comments

  • niccatw
    niccatw Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    shrimpy_80 wrote: »
    Spooky - hadn't read your post before but last night I dreamt I was in York, I was shopping but my boyfriend wouldn't let me go in the Cath Kidston shop, I was super cross with him this morning when I woke up!
    shrimpy_80 wrote: »
    Only just read your second post :rotfl:

    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Spooky! Shrimpy, can you tell me whether I'll succumb to the charity shops tomorrow? :D

    I tried on a pair of trousers in the charity shop. Nearly had a heart attack as tghe were a size 6 and far too big for me. But they'd sized them wrong and put the American size. Phew! I was heading straight to the bakery for all their cakes!

    Also put back another top which was lovely but I realised I'd have to iron it! I don't do ironing!!!

    And, can I ask, if I get money for my birthday and decide to ise it to buy a lovely dress for a wedding, do I still need to declare it or is it money neutral? (Not my birthday yet and being a bit presumptious that I will actually get any money! Let alone enough for the dress I want ;))
    Jan10: 28,315.81 Jan11: 18,015.32 Jan12: 7,682.58 Jan13: 2,987.73 Current debt: 1,225.55
    HFC [STRIKE]1896.10. [/STRIKE] 225.55 SLC2 [STRIKE]5123.34[/STRIKE] 0 Others [STRIKE]2085[/STRIKE] 1000 Bcard [STRIKE]1172.60[/STRIKE] 0

    Mike's Mob
  • shrimpy_80
    shrimpy_80 Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    niccatw wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Spooky! Shrimpy, can you tell me whether I'll succumb to the charity shops tomorrow? :D

    If I dream about a trumpeting elephant rampaging around charity shops I will hold you responsible:rotfl:(For anyone who doesn't have their display set to view avatars, that could sound as though I'm being extremely rude to you!)

    I hope you manage to resist temptation - or find an irresistable bargain!
    Barclaycard [STRIKE]£7,296.35[/STRIKE] £6134.99 - MBNA [STRIKE]£4,182.88[/STRIKE] £3267.08 - O/draft [STRIKE]£569.31[/STRIKE] £413.59 - Capital One [STRIKE]£1477.55[/STRIKE] £1451.44
    Total debt [STRIKE]£12048.54[/STRIKE] £11267.10 6% paid
  • LadyfromVenice
    LadyfromVenice Posts: 367 Forumite
    Have £15 to declare on two pairs of shoes from Asd4. I know most people don't declare shoes but I am adding everything into my budget as I don't have that much money to play with. Total spent for year is therefore £40 so far.
    Life is knowing which bridges to burn and which bridges to build! :think:


  • niccatw
    niccatw Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I did ok in the chairty shops :D (though I have changed my avi now, so my avi is no longer trumpeting but waving!).

    However I did eventually buy the dress on BG I've been lusting after (event in mind for it so I can easily justify it. Despite having other dresses that will work perfectly well!) it was £15, but I got £20 for my birthday on Saturday, so I'm hoping I don't have to add it to my total! I haven't so far, but will do if need be :D.
    Jan10: 28,315.81 Jan11: 18,015.32 Jan12: 7,682.58 Jan13: 2,987.73 Current debt: 1,225.55
    HFC [STRIKE]1896.10. [/STRIKE] 225.55 SLC2 [STRIKE]5123.34[/STRIKE] 0 Others [STRIKE]2085[/STRIKE] 1000 Bcard [STRIKE]1172.60[/STRIKE] 0

    Mike's Mob
  • raven-333
    raven-333 Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Hi everyone havent posted in a while. i havent spent anything on clothes since i last posted. cant believe i have kept this up. thank you for all the support.
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    ThinkingOfLinking Posts: 11,828 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Hi all,
    No new spends to report. In fact, I've around 200-300 items to list on eBid; been busy with it all day and have so far managed to get over 50 uploaded; we're talking shoes, belts, bags, clothes, ornaments, perfume, skincare, ALL sorts and anything unsold is going straight to the charity shop at the end of the auction period as I have no space nor time as I'm moving in 2 weeks and need rid; my new bedroom is tiny and I hate mess and am claustrophobic so it all has to be clutter free.
  • natsing
    natsing Posts: 555 Forumite
    Hi All

    Haven't posted for several weeks, mainly as I haven't bought anything, we got my DH some work shoes last month, and I need some new work trousers as mine are nearly falling off me, but I won't declare them. May get some cropped trousers for the summer in a few weeks, but if the weather continues as is, I may not need them!
    Debt free 11/05/11!

    Savings £4000/ £300
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    ThinkingOfLinking Posts: 11,828 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Had a moment of temptation last night; was on my-wardrobe.com and was one click away from buying a top which I don't need and can't afford....BUT, I managed to step away from the vehicle....
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    ThinkingOfLinking Posts: 11,828 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Today I spent £8 on a T shirt from New Look; love the design, have got rid of about 40 T shirts (well they're on eBid and if unsold will go to charity) so have the space for it plus it's giving £3 to Macmillan cancer care.
  • Kerfuffle
    Kerfuffle Posts: 1,384 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi everybody,

    Just reporting in to say that I've had a spending session.

    I've bought 2 shoulderless tops ( so my shoulders will get nice and brown without any strap marks), and a pair of sandals. Total spend 26.32.

    FlickeringEmber, I really hope all your hard work pays off, you deserve it. Your posts are tiring me out just reading everything you've been doing.

    Well done.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.