Standard Life Shares

Options

Comments

• StevieJ
    StevieJ Posts: 20,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sold today at £3.45p these shares have been good to me, I may buy back if they struggle in the future.
    'Just think for a moment what a prospect that is. A single market without barriers visible or invisible giving you direct and unhindered access to the purchasing power of over 300 million of the worlds wealthiest and most prosperous people' Margaret Thatcher
  • sabretoothtigger
    Options
    Glad to hear someone made a nice profit, nice market boom right now. Any special reason beyond price to sell, I have many relatives still long from the IPO
  • StevieJ
    Options
    I need to create a fund for my cash ISA next year and this now looks toppy, strange but the increase in equity value from last close (31/12 +3.5%) beats any savings rates (for a year) out there icon9.gif
    'Just think for a moment what a prospect that is. A single market without barriers visible or invisible giving you direct and unhindered access to the purchasing power of over 300 million of the worlds wealthiest and most prosperous people' Margaret Thatcher
  • Happychappy
    Happychappy Posts: 2,936 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I sold Friday at £1.32 oh well, story of my life but couldn't decide on the effect on the Uk or Europe if the USA fiscal talks failed, still happy with the profit as the shares were allocated some time ago and just about the covers the shortfall on the mortgage.

A share I shall watch for the future for dealing in short term, so that should put the kiss of death on it, bit like Vod which really doesn't seem to do a lot apart from attract comment, otherwise will put it into the highest rate cash ISA which should earn a massive 2.6% if I'm lucky
  • StevieJ
    Options
    I sold Friday at £1.32 oh well, story of my life but couldn't decide on the effect on the Uk or Europe if the USA fiscal talks failed, still happy with the profit as the shares were allocated some time ago and just about the covers the shortfall on the mortgage.

In think they saw you coming :)
  • Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    StevieJ wrote: »
    I need to create a fund for my cash ISA next year and this now looks toppy, strange but the increase in equity value from last close (31/12 +3.5%) beats any savings rates (for a year) out there icon9.gif

Same thought occurred to me today, Lloyds in one day has beaten my ISA over a year.

Just looking at some SL charts and it has now pretty much caught up to where it was before the crash (not inflation adjusted), which would be a bit of a warning to me too!
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
  • StevieJ
    Options
    Masomnia wrote: »
    Same thought occurred to me today, Lloyds in one day has beaten my ISA over a year.

Just looking at some SL charts and it has now pretty much caught up to where it was before the crash (not inflation adjusted), which would be a bit of a warning to me too!

Even inflation adjusted if you take note of the generous dividends.
  • sabretoothtigger
    Options
    SL was a FTSE dog apparently. Buying the highest yielders last March worked out well, nice when that March was already high

http://www.moneyobserver.com/portfolio/dogs-footsie-2012-portfolio

8ZyFD.png
  • StevieJ
    Options
    Looks like I may have sold at the correct time.
    LONDON (ShareCast) - In its review of the insurance sector, UBS (Berlin: UBRA.BE - news) also cut its recommendation for peers Standard Life (LSE: SL.L - news) and Phoenix (LSE: PHNX.L - news) from 'neutral' to 'sell' on valuation grounds.

The broker said: "After strong share price performance in 2012, the sector no longer offers such clear value, and fundamentals look challenging".
    http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/broker-snap-ubs-downgrades-insurers-095100591.html
  • sabretoothtigger
    Options
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family