Options

Comments

• clemmie
    clemmie Posts: 170 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tesco's Credit Cards

We had the usual Visa card with Tesco but recently told they were switching
    us to a platinum Mastercard which is supposed to give us 3 points for every £2 spent at Tesco and the usual 1point for for every £2 spent anywhere else
    but te points don't seem to tally. Thinking of ditching it and going for a cash back credit card instead. Has anyone any thoughts or ideas please.:confused:
  • useyourillusion2
    Options
    Hi,

I only just registered and was wondering whether or not you can use the voucher codes for extra clubcard points/discounts that are posted here in store?

Also, today I noticed the lady who was served in front of me got a voucher for 100 points if she buys a certain product. I paid and expected a voucher and got nothing. Does anyone know how these vouchers work and why they are issued? Perhaps she is more 'loyal' than me :D

Thanks.
  • emsywoo123
    emsywoo123 Posts: 5,440 Forumite
    Options
    Bump bump..........this thread seems quiet and it is a erally really good one!!
  • megabagger
    Options
    This is probably a silly question but I have read a lot about voucher codes which can be used to get extra points. Are these only for online shopping or can they be used in a store

Thanks
  • affordmylife
    Options
    I thought the tesco credit card was the same points as cash and a clubcard?

I have just received mine and am using it for all my shopping tescos and other places (although I know this is less points for elsewhere) in order to boost my points. Have I made a mistake then? Please advise.
  • emsywoo123
    emsywoo123 Posts: 5,440 Forumite
    Options
    megabagger wrote: »
    This is probably a silly question but I have read a lot about voucher codes which can be used to get extra points. Are these only for online shopping or can they be used in a store

Thanks

No question is a silly question, that is the MSE mantra!!:money:
    As far as I can fathom, some are for instore, some are online! I do think that the codes seem to be for one or the other, I personally mix and match, but there are others on here who know far more than I do!
    hth,
    Em x
  • mandarinduck
    Options
    I started shopping with Tesco earlier this year having worked out that with my clubcard and credit card I could make a substantial dent in my Open University costs. Several months on and I'm losing heart. Although there are some deals that have really bumped me up, it still seems to take a long time to accrue the points. Added to that, I much prefer Sainsburys.

Even so, I've found that with using the extra vouchers in the clubcard mailings and taking up some offers I've managed to save about £250 on my courses this year. Feels like heavy going though!
  • traceya89
    Options
    i have just been to the local car boot sale and bought 10 mobile phones at £1 each. This should boost my club card points up a bit. Sending these by recorded delivery sometimes ensures you get the points more quickly!
    Just about to give up!
  • traceya89
    Options
    cant see any mention of this on the last few pages but I am sure most know about it, but thought i would mention it just in case anyone did not.

you can get 999 extra points for buying an Advent steriliser at 34.98. This offer has been on for a while and will continue until October (I think). if you order online though grocery site you could get over 2000 points with an order if you put in a code for 1000 points when making grocery order.

HTH
    Just about to give up!
  • cazian14
    Options
    hiya,just thought id share with my recent trip to mr t's,and im quite pleased with myself! not been collecting points that long and im doin really well!
    i used a self scan and the 200 points wyb mens clothing went through for me on a shop with a childs top,i had a 80 points wyb tesco nappies small pack-brought these-got points,had another coupon for 120 points when buy the larger pack of the nappies but this scanned ok too so got those,i had a 100 points wyb huggies wipes i brought johnsons wipes on bogof and it scanned fine so got those,the johnsons naturals 150 points coupon wouldnt scan at all but i cant even find these in tesco to buy! so i am feeling quite happy with myself lol
    :j cazian :j

If i was useful please press thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family