Boost Your Tesco Clubcard Points Discussion

Options

Comments

• Westender
    Westender Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    As a staff member, I get 10% discount on purchases online and in store, staff offers through the post and with almost every months wage packets, discounts on holidays, rileys etc. Find someone who works at Tesco and see what you can get from them!!! Look out for the quit kits etc they have vouchers for money off and points... even free stickers!

My wife recently started working for Tesco's but doesn't seem to know anything about the potential staff benefits available when she's completed 12 months service. We currently use the clubcard plus account for our shopping and petrol. How does the staff privilege scheme work? Would we still be able to get double points for our shopping and petrol, as well as 10% off?
  • fatboyonadiet
    fatboyonadiet Posts: 5,397 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anyone know when the next mailing is out?
    2p off is still 2p off!
  • sambamamba
    sambamamba Posts: 149 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just opened a clubcard plus account and got my first statement.

Even before my first DD had gone in I had 150 points credited to my account. Not sure if this is standard, depends on the size of the DD, or is sheer luck!

Mind you the local Tesco Express was completely flummoxed & didn't know how to take a payment from it - we'll see how t'big Tesco's goes tomorrow.
    Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in infamy!!
  • edina
    edina Posts: 178 Forumite
    Options
    Westender wrote: »
    My wife recently started working for Tesco's but doesn't seem to know anything about the potential staff benefits available when she's completed 12 months service. We currently use the clubcard plus account for our shopping and petrol. How does the staff privilege scheme work? Would we still be able to get double points for our shopping and petrol, as well as 10% off?

Yes you will still get extra points, money off offers along with staff discount
  • Bumbles2
    Bumbles2 Posts: 404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just been told that the Tesco Life insurance deal will change as of tomorrow. Now you will get 2000 club card points if you take out a policy with them. Cancel in the 30 day cooling off period with a cheaper company and bag the points!
  • debs81
    debs81 Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    Bumbles2 wrote: »
    Just been told that the Tesco Life insurance deal will change as of tomorrow. Now you will get 2000 club card points if you take out a policy with them. Cancel in the 30 day cooling off period with a cheaper company and bag the points!

check the t&c's/important info. the 2000 pts will be awarded throught the first 12mths. 500 pts per quarter. the first 500 pts will be awarded after the first payment is received.
  • mm684
    mm684 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    Got my mailing today.
    Has anyone else seen the register a tesco internet phone and top up with £10 and get 1000 points?
    Seems ok to me.
  • fatboyonadiet
    fatboyonadiet Posts: 5,397 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    mm684 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Got my mailing today.
    Has anyone else seen the register a tesco internet phone and top up with £10 and get 1000 points?
    Seems ok to me.

No mention of it my mailing, BUT I already saw details on Hot Uk Deals, further details here;

http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90192&highlight=tesco

Not sure if we can post links to HUD???
    2p off is still 2p off!
  • wornoutmumoftwo
    Options
    Mind you the local Tesco Express was completely flummoxed & didn't know how to take a payment from it - we'll see how t'big Tesco's goes tomorrow.

I've had a clucbcard plus card since Tesco began the loyalty scheme, you'll be amazed how many staff have no idea how to process it, or the saving card which you can also use instore.

:rotfl:
    Payment a day challenge: £236.69
    Jan Shopping Challenge: £202.09/£250
    Frugal Living Challenge: £534.64/15000
  • Kayss2000
    Kayss2000 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    I have a question:

My boyfriend and I have been saving our Tesco clubcard vouchers all year to exchange for Goldsmith vouchers to use towards a purchase of a wedding ring.

Now we have received the Goldsmiths vouchers it states in the tesco letter attached that we can not combine deal tokens with someone else on a single booking!!!!!

Has anyone tried to combine tokens and got told not to by Goldsmiths?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure