We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Boost Your Tesco Clubcard Points Discussion

Options

Comments

• frosty
    frosty Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Taffyscot wrote: »
    Hi all,
    just phoned 01302 386304 for a car insurance quote used Martin's say no to 0845 numbers. Thought I would let you guys know the number and also I told the man I wanted the points to my card but had just reinsured my car. He said that he could take my Tesco number and fill our a form and avoid all the questionaire but send me out a quote next year. Yahoo I got my insurance by the way by doing a search with Martin's suggestions and then going through quidco and looking for the best cash back. Got £120.00 back insurance was £60 instead of £286.00 Thanks so much for this site I still can't believe it. Taffy
    Hi,Taffy,Who did you insure with?
    I was going to use direct line but I can't see them,they were there.:confused:
  • Taffyscot
    Taffyscot Posts: 896 Forumite
    Options
    hya frosty, It was with screen trade and they are with Lloyds underwritten by Churchill so couldnt go wrong. My first effort didn't track and I think I was on line too long with quotes. So I had to cancel with the 14 day cancellation policies and rebook the next day , a bit of a hassle but hey for £120 I am not complaining. This is the second time I have used Quidco so still a newbie. The first time was to get AA coverage and got 20 quid off with quidco and then because of this site got another 20 quids worth of nectar points. So I paid 3.66 for AA coverage and 60 odd quid for insurance. Not a bad day's work I would say. So it did track the second time. I had advise from fellow site members to clear cookies before using quidco because otherwise it might not track. Taffy
  • midnightstar
    Options
    My mum has been saving her Tescos vouchers for some time, and managed to get us two double rooms for two nights in a four star hotel in Tetbury, near where my brother lives. I think the hotel was surprised that she managed to do it, but I think she did brilliantly, and used her vouchers extremely efficiently.
    She has already started planning how to use her vouchers next time! :A
  • honeyss
    Options
    hannah2082 wrote: »
    You have to apply on-line sorry - clubcard plus account - 0800 406050

Does anyone know where you can get the envelopes to recycle the ink cartridges from? Thank-you in advance!
    yes i got mine from customer services
  • mm684
    mm684 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Our customer services never has any so I ordered mine online from;
    http://www.therecyclingfactory.com/uk/programmes/casestudy-redcross.asp
    They took a couple of days to arrive but far easier than asking for them.
    You can order both phone and inkjet envelopes.
  • ianeverton
    ianeverton Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    Is there any limit in the amount of phones you can send in as i have a couple of old ones?

Also can green points be turned into clubcard deals at the usual rates?

Thanks.
  • mm684
    mm684 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    I was told by customer services this week that the limit of 5 phones per card had been abolished.
    I've sent in an old one so lets see.
    There is no limit for inkjet cartridges but be careful what you send in the list is quite limited.

In the last quarter all my points were lumped together, green, shop, .com and finance all one lot of vouchers. All spend the same.
  • markdude
    Options
    She has already started planning how to use her vouchers next time! :A
    We transfer into Airmiles and fly to Florida for the tax only.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Caz6 wrote: »
    I've found a tiny ditty on Tesco's website about it but it's not much! They call them "recycling machines". I'm going to drop them a line about it to se where they are....will post the answers on here!

Ok...so I have an unhealthy addiction to these points!! Maybe it will stop after I've paid for my holiday!!

Has anyone mananged to find out where these machines are?

Mary
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I've just sent off three ink cartridges in the green plastic envelopes - wasnt sure whether the scheme was still on or not - does anyone know?

So how long is it before the extra points show or will it just be on the clubcard statement in November under the "other points" box?

Also at which point do I start sending nagging emails to make sure I do get the extra points in the November statment and does someone have an email address or freephone number? Or is it worth writing to the freepost address in Dundee?

Mary
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport