We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Boost Your Tesco Clubcard Points Discussion

Options

Comments

• Domthemon
    Domthemon Posts: 329 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    I've just sent off three ink cartridges in the green plastic envelopes - wasnt sure whether the scheme was still on or not - does anyone know?

So how long is it before the extra points show or will it just be on the clubcard statement in November under the "other points" box?

Also at which point do I start sending nagging emails to make sure I do get the extra points in the November statment and does someone have an email address or freephone number? Or is it worth writing to the freepost address in Dundee?

Mary

According to the Tesco website yes it is still on. They can however take months to be added to your account, up to 6 months. The rest of your questions can be answered by looking here:

http://www.therecyclingfactory.com/uk/programmes/casestudy-redcross.asp

From other threads and over on PTS it seems you can phone TRF (but leave it a couple of months) and they will see if they have them on their database as received. They show on your Tesco receipt as Green Points and are added as and when Tesco process them, after the recycling factory notify Tesco. Like I say, it can take some time and first step after the long wait would be to phone TRF as Tesco will add them when they get the info, so by phoning Tesco they'll not be able to tell you anything.

Dom
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,572 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :rotfl:
    FloFlo wrote: »
    Could you put them on a piece of string and pull them in and out.:rotfl:

Only joking.
    ##########
    N.Z. childhood memory - climbing on fence beam, dragging up length of spouting, placing it across under the Kilkenny family's most Wonderful Apple Tree Ever fruit - sharp leverage - and down my side chosen apple would roll.
    Thus the bliss of illicit, stolen fruit.
    Little did I know until years later(at first wedding)that they watched my determined little face, straining from effort, from their kitchen, through the orchard(and we had enough of our own) and loved every minute of my(I believed)great ingenuity.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• hilary1
    hilary1 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    Options
    I've had my insurance quote points added to my account according to my receipt yesterday

:T:T

xx
    The curve that can set a lot of things straight is a smile
  • stephen25uk
    stephen25uk Posts: 419 Forumite
    Options
    is the insurance quote points offer still going
  • cazian14
    cazian14 Posts: 291 Forumite
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    Has anyone mananged to find out where these machines are?

Mary

hi mary im sure iv seen them in stafford hth
    :j cazian :j

If i was useful please press thanks
  • ampersand
    Options
    Originally Posted by mhoc viewpost.gif

################

Yes - had helpful chap this afternoon on freeHOno.
    Gist follows:
    -Recycling initiative trialling in four areas initially, but probs. currently(source as yet unidentified)with crediting CC points.
    -No ET for correction yet - ongoing for several weeks now, especially at Colney Hatch, Baldock, Portsmouth and Royston.
    -Other sites are, or are to be, at Southampton, Andover, Cheshunt Brickfields, Watford, Pitsea, Hatfield, Rainham, Lakeside, Twickenham, Borehamwood, Romford Gallows, Hayes Bulls, and Brent Cross.
    -2 items scanned should give one point, not invariable though.
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Domthemon
    Domthemon Posts: 329 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    ampersand wrote: »
    Originally Posted by mhoc viewpost.gif

################

Yes - had helpful chap this afternoon on freeHOno.
    Gist follows:
    -Recycling initiative trialling in four areas initially, but probs. currently(source as yet unidentified)with crediting CC points.
    -No ET for correction yet - ongoing for several weeks now, especially at Colney Hatch, Baldock, Portsmouth and Royston.
    -Other sites are, or are to be, at Southampton, Andover, Cheshunt Brickfields, Watford, Pitsea, Hatfield, Rainham, Lakeside, Twickenham, Borehamwood, Romford Gallows, Hayes Bulls, and Brent Cross.
    -2 items scanned should give one point, not invariable though.

Its 4 items = 1 point and this list of stores is not complete as Shrewsbury has one.

Dom
  • ampersand
    Options
    Aah, just took down exactly what he said and checked it back with him. Thus is born another Chinese whisper.
    As written though, points not invariable, by which he meant they could be changed for promotions.
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***

• luv_or_h8_me
    Options
    As a staff member, I get 10% discount on purchases online and in store, staff offers through the post and with almost every months wage packets, discounts on holidays, rileys etc. Find someone who works at Tesco and see what you can get from them!!! Look out for the quit kits etc they have vouchers for money off and points... even free stickers!
    LuV_oR_h8_Me :p
  • dimage_2
    Options
    I have noticed on the tescos clubcard website that the page that displays the recycle an old mobile phone and get 500 points now states only 5 x phones per person per year can be recycled.
    This looks like a statement made to try and stop people making lots of points from the offer, this message gives me the impression that the systems may not be in place to stop you getting points as there are no see t&c statement.
    Has anyone sent in more than five phones recently, if so, have they credited you the points.
    If not, then i may send in one more to make six and see if they credit the points, if so, i will let you all know.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport