PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

carpet cleaning

Options

Comments

• Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,288 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi, there :beer: We have an older thread on carpet cleaning. I'll add your question so that you can browse the answers there.

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • purplepatch
    purplepatch Posts: 2,534 Forumite
    Options
    Soapy955 wrote: »
    It was my daughter's 4th birthday last week and she forgot to tell me that she had taken a bowl of strawberry jelly up to her bedroom and dropped it on her carpet!! I found it the next day by which time it had stained. I have tried Stardrops and just spraying anti-bacterial cleaner on it just to get a foam going but nothing seems to shift it.

Is there any other "Old style" method of removing it or must I put a rug over it? :o

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Not exactly OS but I find 1001 Spot Shot (in aerosol can) great for getting rid of the really stubborn marks - it coped admirably with non-washable felt tip pen that DD2 decorated the playroom carpet with :rolleyes:

Cheaper than a rug!
  • kal25
    kal25 Posts: 569 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys, how do u guys clean ur carpets? I mean a whole carpet. My hallway carpet is getting old had for 8yrs now and could do with replacing but would like it to last alittle while longer if possible. How can I shampoo the carpet without buying/ hiring expensive equipment? Thanks guys kal25
    :smileyhea:heart: Mrs Lea Nov 5th '11 :heart::smileyhea
  • learningtosave
    Options
    Hi all, I didn't have time to read the whole thread so apologies if this was already asked. Silly me spilt quite a bit of dark nail varnish (thought bottle was closed) on our blue bedroom carpet. it's very noticeable. How can I get it off??? OH comes home in two weeks lol so have to sort it quick!!!
    I'm learning little by little... I'll get there one day!!!
    Slipped down the slippery slope again
    Barclaycard £2,165.59 :eek::cry::cry:
    Part time studies (still accumulating) £3,655
    Upcoming emmigration end 2014 £who knows?????
    Holiday spending (recce for above) £700 for me+DH
  • maria_and_the_imps
    Options
    i need to clean my hallway carpet it's not big and i need to do it by hand as i tried using a carpet cleaner and it made no difference, it is by the front door so i want to egt it looking new again and as you can imagine it is filthy i'm looking for an os way of cleaning it any ideas????
    13 in 2013 challenge 9/13
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    I'll add your question to the existing carpet cleaning thread to see if that gives you any hints ;)

Penny. x
  • Lalaladybird
    Options
    I had a friend round last night and discovered this morning that she'd tracked dog poo into my living room carpet:eek:. I have gone over the offending bits with a brush and stardrops solution but as I have a toddler I feel the need to get the carpet professionally steam cleaned now. We can't really afford this, especially at this time of year. Any suggestions would be very welcome:o
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    I'll add this to the existing thread on carpet cleaning so that you can browse the suggestions there ;)

Penny. x
  • Lizbetty
    Lizbetty Posts: 979 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cathy wrote: »
    EWWW throw the bathroom one out :o:o:o

bicarb and vinegar together let it soak and then blot

otherwise squeeze a spongeful of bio powder solution (strong) over the stain and leave overnight

should blot out and rinse well or the muck will stick to the soap crystals left

Watch out with the bio powder - we had a huuuuge stain where we used this to clean up some milk on our carpet. It acts as a mild bleach and if you use too much...a not so mild bleach :o

Probably only worth using bio powder if you can do a test spot first or if you're not bothered what they look like as long as they're clean. :confused:

Luce
  • Domsmummy
    Domsmummy Posts: 88 Forumite
    Options
    Hi i hope someone can help me im a normal lurker on here but hoping someone can help.

We moved in to new house month ago and have new cream carpets and where there is heavy wear (mainly around front door and stairs) its getting grubby does anybody know how i can make it cream again n not slighty grey. Although the easier the method the better im 28 weeks pregnant with bad back.

Thanks in advance.
    Mum to one gorgeous little boy and one gorgeous little girl.

Getting married 27th Aug 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport