Carnaby Feature Films PLC - ?

Options

Comments

• abuibraheem
    Options
    dear all

i also invested £5000 in doghouse so 3 years is coming up! i invested my money and thought EIS etc etc should be leggit and if the directors are con artists then i am sure we can do something as all this will do is give the british film industry a very bad name.

it went to cinema and now onto dvd and is supposed to have done well so i am expecting a return but whenever i ask for info it is very dis jointed and not the way any professional company should be run.

i have read all the posts and suggest if we have concerns we get together and sort something out and collectively find out what is going on.

what do you all think? no point in us all fighting our own individual battles when if so many people are disgruntled then lets get together and sort this out and find out exactly what is going on.

take care
  • heaven_james
    Options
    post from
    COLLEY CIBBER

You may recall that he wrote about going to AGMs. However, his name does not appear in the shareholder attendee lists of those I've trawled through. Did I miss something or was his name misspelt?

Heaven (James) will tell?
    RESPONSE
    the shareholder attendee lists of those that you trawled through. I am sure the name Wolley Wibber was not a attendee or Did I miss something or was your name misspelt?

lets organise

Abuibraheem

There are about 16 people on this site and some of them are not even investors. And myself and many other investors i recently met are very happy with our film we have invested in.

The latest news of lonley place to die Films wins best film and best director at action fest in America

My point is our investments into the films we make are riskey and not every film is going to be a succsess.

our investments are eis approved

carnaby is a real company

they do make films

if the film does not make money well thats the risk we take. The only people giving the british film Industry a bad name is the minority on this site. P.S I SUGGEST MR WOLLEY WIBBER YOU NEED TO GET OUT MORE OR TAKE UP A HOBBY
  • adam_ickle
    adam_ickle Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Well said i have been following this forum for a number of months but feel its time to have my say.

Its about time people should know that there are investors that are very happy with the films they have invested into. I have a real good feeling about A LONELY PLACE TO DIE. And i am proud to be part all be it a small part of making this film and supporting the BRITISH FILM INDUSTRY. If this film brings me good fortune then Hooray.!!! If not well i had a great time and a real life experience going to the set in scotland, meeting the cast and crew. WELL DONE CARNABY GREAT FILM.:beer:
  • thegreekbee
    Options
    I know I'm going over old ground here, but I've had a few conversations with Carnaby Films over the last week regarding investment in A Lonely Place to Die. It appears from the postings on this site that no one has ever seen a return from their investment so far, yet I have been told categorically by the 'salesman' at Carnaby that those who invested in Rise of the Footsoldier should now have received all their initial investment back, (as soon as the picture went into profit) plus profit of around 300%. Apparently the film cost £2m to make, and has so far made about £8m.
    Anyone?
  • Colley_Cibber
    Options
    You're shooting yourself in the foot, Heaven James.

On 4 November 2010, you wrote on this BB, "My name is Mr James i have invested in four projects with carnaby films ..." [sic]. I have to assume you are writing the truth.

"After talking to people at carnaby at a recent A G M ... " Again, took you at face value, though I disagreed with the import of your message.

You signed off your message with, "MR James 120k investor" [sic]. Was this to impress? If true, bad luck on losing it.

Your inconsistency was exposed by an earlier challenge and your "four projects" turned out to be two investments in two films - a curious interpretation of the word 'project.' When you posted further I decided to check up and found no "Mr James" listed in the attendance records of recent AGMs.

You now write, "My point is our investments into the films we make are riskey and not every film is going to be a succsess." Your consistently poor spelling is in line with your consistent deception. NOT ONE Carnaby Film has turned a profit that has been returned to investors.

Thanks for the advice on getting a hobby. One of mine is to expose fraud and fraudsters.
  • Colley_Cibber
    Colley_Cibber Posts: 10 Forumite
    edited 4 December 2012 at 1:09PM
    Options
    thegreekbee, I am sorry to tell you that it is a total untruth that 'Rise of the footsoldier' has made private investors, such as the genuine posters on this BB, any money.

It was produced through Carnaby International plc. Here are the summary figures for Carnaby International plc for the last three years:

2008: T/O £303,432, Loss £758,439
    2009: T/O £209,153, Loss £563,180
    2010: T/O £498,893, Loss £473,640

As at 30 April 2010 the Balance sheet showed an accumulated P&L of MINUS£3,258,868.

As someone has already quoted the need for a "reality check" I am happy to present something truthful [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]. On the other hand, as an investor, I'm unhappy to have such poor investments in my portfolio. As they are unlisted, getting out is not an option. Another warning to anyone considering Carnaby projects. NONE of them has made money for investors.
  • heaven_james
    Options
    Wolley Wibber all i can say to you is yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn !!!!!! WHAT A BORE
  • heaven_james
    Options
    THIS IS WHATS BEING SAID ABOUT MY FILM I INVESTED IN HARDLY FRAUDSTERS.

12 April 2011 IMDB One of the best British thrillers... ever made!

I had the chance to see 'A Lonely Place to Die' at a screening in London recently and I was really blown away by it! The film is full of stunning cinematography and the aerial shots are beautiful on the big screen. The film opens with one hell of an intense scene with three of the characters 3000ft up a mountain. The way the director Julian Gilbey shot these scenes are extremely impressive and make it look like it is the actual actors up there. It does take a while for the film to get going but we do get to find out more about the characters and really connect with them.

The action really gets going when the characters find the kidnapped girl and we are quickly lead to my favourite scene in the film where two of the characters have to take a short cut for help down a dangerous cliff known as 'Devils Drop'. This scene was extremely nail biting and something happens to the lead character in which the whole audience gasped so loud! Some of the stunts in this film are jaw dropping and it's good to see a film that keeps CGI to a minimum so we are left with a realistic, intense and brutal film.

The acting in this film is top notch with another fantastic performance by the wonderful Melissa George. Sean Harris is also another stand out along with Ed Speleers who had a lot of good lines and laughs from the audience. Also well done to young actress Holly Boyd who plays the kidnapped girl.

Another highlight of the film was the music by Michael Richard Plowman and we are treated to a couple of beautiful Celtic songs at the start and end of the film which add a lovely touch.

This film should be well received and enjoyed by a wide audience when it's released. It is definitely one of the best British thrillers made in my honest opinion and I look forward to seeing more from the Gilbey brothers. 10/10!!!!!
  • Colley_Cibber
    Options
    >>>THIS IS WHATS BEING SAID ABOUT MY FILM I INVESTED IN HARDLY FRAUDSTERS.<<<

HJ then quotes a single reviewer's heavenly subjective opinion as if it proves anything. (How HJ made the £120K he put into his double-dealing projects, heaven knows.)

There were also a lot of positive opinions about "Caught in the Act" when it was shown at the BAFTA premises.

I love films too but when positive opinions remain commercial duds time after time after time, you do begin to wonder. What happened to all the positive opinions about "Caught in the Act?"

It's THE 'product' of Carnaby Feature Films plc. This goes back to 24 January 2006. The film's been out a while. Their latest accounts (y/e 30 June 2009, yes) show turnover of £7,708. (I'm afraid there's no "m" after the figure.) Administrative costs were £150,967. Impairment of film rights amounted to £567,869 making a loss for the financial year of £718,836. This was written off 'Shareholders' Funds,' reducing them to £1,474,384. Sadly, this is meaningless as "Cash at bank" was just £1,407. Again, sans "m." There is nothing really available for shareholders. Nothing.

The directors appear to have taken no remuneration. How could they? In the forthcoming accounts it will be interesting to see how the auditor's fee will have been paid. Shares? Loan from another Carnaby venture (which will later appear in that company's accounts as, 'irrecoverable')?

Meanwhile, ONE review about "Lonely place to die," from someone with a "free" ticket, quoted by someone with a suspect agenda sounds pretty spivvy to me. Of course, this is all IMHO.

However, a colleague of mine was impressed by "Rise of the footsoldier." There were even some positive written reviews. Heavens. Yet, IMDB quotes an estimated $4m budget and a cinema gross of £170K.

Heavens, Mrs Evans. Are we discussing film quality on this BB or investment? Your quoted opinion of film quality is 10/10. My opinion of investment quality is 0/10 and supported with true facts.
  • berjerac
    berjerac Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    weve obviously been sidlined by carnaby onsides can i reiterate this has been going on since 2001 and NO ONE HAS HAD A Return
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure