IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Send a card to a private parking co. this Christmas!

Options

Comments

• starofbengal
    starofbengal Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 3 December 2009 at 9:51AM
    Options
    As an employee of a PPC, I can assure you that we NEVER collect anymail that has not been paid for in full (the majority of PPCs also follow this procedure), in essence the card gets ignored.

What usually happens is a few weeks later the letter actually comes to us anyway, which is funny as people who have paid the reduced charge but innocently put the wrong stamp on end up getting done for the higher charge.

If they dispute we say 'take it up with the post office' and we have all the evidence that they put the wrong stamp on and justified the increased charge that means we make DOUBLE the money and most of the time without even paying the £2.50 for going to DVLA. :):)

So the many fools on here who will be sending things without stamps are only wasting your time, effort and money and costing Royal Mail time and money - The PPCs are not bothered at all.

We do sometimes get people sending cheques inside cards saying how we have ruined their christmas by paying the charge, this again is funny as its simple - If you would have read the signs and not taken the chance then you would not have had to pay it after all.

So a merry christmas to you all.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 3 December 2009 at 1:34PM
    Options
    As an employee of a PPC...blah blah blahblah blah blah...

Just one question.

How on earth do you sleep at night, knowing that your pay is taken from people who actually don't owe any money at all but have paid up because they are scared?? :mad:

Classic examples are little old ladies whose blue badge fell in the footwell, or someone who had to park over the white lines because someone else had already done so and blocked them, or people who haven't found out that private parking tickets are a scam and are scared by your threats.

Nice to see you've read the thread and feel it worthy of comment though, PPCs aren't too chuffed about forums like this are they, lol?!:p

PPCs are simply a parasite, hitching a ride on the back of landowners (if they didn't let you loose on their land you couldn't extort your money) and bleeding dry innocent people. The Country needs to rid itself of such leeches and that's why forums like this are here.

Like I said before, go & get a real job like the rest of us did. :mad:
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • starofbengal
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Just one question.

How on earth do you sleep at night, knowing that your pay is taken from people who actually don't owe any money at all but have paid up because they are scared?? :mad:

Classic examples are little old ladies whose blue badge fell in the footwell, or someone who had to park over the white lines because someone else had already done so and blocked them, or people who haven't found out that private parking tickets are a scam and are scared by your threats.

Nice to see you've read the thread and feel it worthy of comment though, PPCs aren't too chuffed about forums like this are they, lol?!:p

PPCs are simply a parasite, hitching a ride on the back of landowners (if they didn't let you loose on their land you couldn't extort your money) and bleeding dry innocent people. The Country needs to rid itself of such leeches and that's why forums like this are here.

Like I said before, go & get a real job like the rest of us did. :mad:

I sleep very well at night, the problem is that you all jump to the same conclusion that everyone who appeals to a PPC will get the appeal rejected and it is true that you see some shocking examples but remember that forums like this thrive on shocking examples.

How many people do you see who come on here and complain about having a ticket issued then appealing and getting it cancelled by a PPC, very few because its obvious they wouldn't. They would come on here to moan and winge get advice and then decide what to do and if they appeal and it is accepted they would have no need to come back and therefore you never get to hear of it.

If people did not park where they were not supposed to be then the whole parking industry would come to a grinding halt, the fact is people park and take chances then get caught fair and square.

You are obviously not a landowner or own a business that has a problem with people parking in your spaces so your customers can not park so they go elsewhere. Most customers of PPCs are small business who issue tickets themselves and I can assure you that they have better things to do that give tickets to inconsiderate people who think they are above the rules and can park anywhere.

As for people not owing money, If a person parks next to a sign stating parking is for permit holders only and parking here will cost you £60, if they do not have a permit then give me 1 good reason why you feel they should not have to pay what they agreed to ?

They could have parked elsewhere, they made the decision to park and 'take the chance'. Why should the business owner have to provide parking, keep up the maintenance of the car park for anyone to park.

You state these forums are hated by parking companies, not really as they advise people no matter if they are in the right/wrong to ignore and when cases are enforced by companies the courts take a very dim view of people ignoring and using the courts as a 'game' and on reading cases and discussions at the BPA people who take that advice have never won.

I have seen examples where parking companies have taken printouts of sites like this and the template letters into courts when defendants have been unhelpful and never seen one where the defendant has won.

We digress, I simply commented about childish antics regarding christmas cards. Have a nice Xmas, I surely will :j
  • biscuitdunker
    Options
    I have seen examples where parking companies have taken printouts of sites like this and the template letters into courts when defendants have been unhelpful and never seen one where the defendant has won.

Here you go, this is why you should make no contact with these thugs. They are devious and creepy people. Sickening, really, that one of them would come on here and expect people to understand their point of view whilst they're probably fleecing some old lady out of her pension for having broken some imaginary rule in his imaginary little car park land. He may sleep well at night, but I don't know how he sleeps well at night.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 3 December 2009 at 9:09PM
    Options
    blah blah blah blah...blah blah blah

As for people not owing money, If a person parks next to a sign stating parking is for permit holders only and parking here will cost you £60, if they do not have a permit then give me 1 good reason why you feel they should not have to pay what they agreed to ? [/QUOTE]

See my notice below, which of course forms a contract between you and me because you've read it! If I REALLY said here - and if I meant it - that you had to pay me £60 every time you 'park' an unauthorised response on this thread I started, give me one good reason why you would not pay? :rotfl:

You didn't reply regarding my typical examples of innocent victims of your extortion, but I will reply to your question:

1. Because you do not have the powers to fine anyone.

2. Because your letters are sent to the registered keeper. Most PPCs don't care who they threaten and make no attempt to write first & ask who the driver was (as per BPA code of practice).

3. Because there have been soooo many examples on forums of PPCs not backing down even when the driver shows he did have a permit on display but the PPC Minion didn't see it/ignored it.

4. Because of the bully-boy tactics and deliberately misleading letters mentioning in bold 'CCJs, Court and Bailiffs', which are invariably used by PPCs to put the frighteners on to obtain money.
    Any further responses from you on this thread are unauthorised and will incur a charge of £60 per post, which will double to £120 if not paid within 14 days. You have no right of appeal (even though I'll pretend that you have) and I may take you to COURT and you may get a CCJ...you know the rest. LOL - now what is it about this notice that makes you think you SHOULD pay it, is it the pretty colours? :rotfl:
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Sir_Roger_deLodger
    Options
    How many people do you see who come on here and complain about having a ticket issued then appealing and getting it cancelled by a PPC

None because it never happens.

Locations, dates and case numbers please.
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Options
    I know of several cases where the defendant has won. Google can provide some of them very easily to anyone.

It would be wise to avoid the opinion of a vested interest who is only concerned with obtaining people's money by any means and who is patently misrepresenting the facts.
    Such misrepresentation is the norm which is all that people have to bear in mind.

I would point out that underpaying postage is wrong but that the sender could only be held liable if they were identifiable.
    For example it would also be wrong to send a letter with underpaid postage in which the unsigned printed letter proclaimed itself to be from someone else such as the director of another Private Parking Company. I do not recommend this.
    Nor do I recommend signing up a such a company or its directors to receive mountains of junk mail.
  • starofbengal
    Options
    Coblcris wrote: »
    I know of several cases where the defendant has won. Google can provide some of them very easily to anyone.

Please point me to a case where a defendant has won a case by going to court with the 'I am not the driver and I am not telling you' or where the defendant has ignored all correspondance until court papers were issued and then went on to defend it and won during a FULL hearing.
    It would be wise to avoid the opinion of a vested interest who is only concerned with obtaining people's money by any means and who is patently misrepresenting the facts.
    Such misrepresentation is the norm which is all that people have to bear in mind.

As you do not know who I am, which company I work for and in what capacity this is a very strange comment. Any FACTUAL evidence you have to back this comment up about me or my company (as you do not know who I am) would be very much appreciated.
    I would point out that underpaying postage is wrong but that the sender could only be held liable if they were identifiable.

This sums it up, Do something you know that is wrong from the outset because you cant get caught - speaks volumes about you and what you stand for.
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Nor do I recommend that visiting cards from ""Fifi the bondage Queen"" be made and put in phone boxes with ppc phone numbers on. That would not be nice.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • biscuitdunker
    Options

This sums it up, Do something you know that is wrong from the outset because you cant get caught - speaks volumes about you and what you stand for.

And this:

"What usually happens is a few weeks later the letter actually comes to us anyway, which is funny as people who have paid the reduced charge but innocently put the wrong stamp on end up getting done for the higher charge."

speaks volumes about you and what you stand for. Parasite.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure