IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

parking ticket from excel parking services limited

Options

Comments

• esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It wasn't "Desperate Dan" was it? Unfortunately if they have your number they will phone. However except for the nuisance the calls are as irrelevant as the letters!
  • notts_phil
    notts_phil Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    Options
    leon103 wrote: »
    I have just checked my voice mail for my landline to find a message from Dan of Greham White solicitors wanting to speak to me. I haven't bothered ringing back, don't want to waste a call on these people. Not sure how they have got my number though. Anyone had any calls from them?

If Dan calls you again tell him you will only speak to a real solicitor.it will make for a very short phone call!
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • leon103
    leon103 Posts: 732 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the tips. Strange how they got my number, I am ex-directory.
    :p
  • fb1969
    fb1969 Posts: 560 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 4 July 2011 at 3:39PM
    Options
    Strange how they got my number, I am ex-directory.

Probably from the DVLA, at a guess you thought you were doing the right thing by putting the number on the registration documents. The DVLA don't appear have a legitimate reason to have it, but will happily include it with the address for just £2.50.
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    Options
    I have just checked my voice mail for my landline to find a message from Dan of Greham White solicitors wanting to speak to me. I haven't bothered ringing back, don't want to waste a call on these people. Not sure how they have got my number though. Anyone had any calls from them?
    You can either simply put the phone down or engage in a little mischief making. Ask Dan if he is legally qualified and if he claims to be ask for his full name so that you can check it with the Law Society. Also ask him how many partners there are in the Graham White practice? Finally, ask who pays his salary; Graham White's or Roxburghe's Debt Collectors?

Clue: There are no employees of Graham White's and Dan is definitely from Roxburghe's who effectively just "rent" the name.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • chrisywilly
    chrisywilly Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone. Thanks to all the posters on here who have offered advice.

I got an excel parking invoice a few weeks back. Googled them and when I saw this site checked it first. I have used it for Gambling offers many times.

Of course i ignored the invoice.
    Weeks gone by and nowt heard. The handwriting on it was poor and and a N looks like a V. That might be the reason.

I remain utterly confident of avoiding any court decision against me on this matter as Excel do not have the legal leg to stand on AND

... the car is in the Mrs' name!
  • fizzyboy
    Options
    My husband parked on a play and display site, my son-in-law paid but didnt know reg no so entered one letter which was excepted and £2.50 was paid.A couple of months went by and my husband received a demand for £100, we E-mailed and they reduced it to £60, we have written again to complain but received a letter today still demanding the money. Do we pay or ignore it, I am scared they will start court proceedings and we can"t afford that?Would be grateful for advice please.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    fizzyboy wrote: »
    My husband parked on a play and display site, my son-in-law paid but didnt know reg no so entered one letter which was excepted and £2.50 was paid.A couple of months went by and my husband received a demand for £100, we E-mailed and they reduced it to £60, we have written again to complain but received a letter today still demanding the money. Do we pay or ignore it, I am scared they will start court proceedings and we can"t afford that?Would be grateful for advice please.

Just ignore these clowns. They can only claim for the actual material loss suffered by the land-owner. In this case it comes to a big fat zero. They won't start court proceedings becuase they know they won't win.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    fizzyboy wrote: »

But the driver paid the P&D cost. There will be no Court case, relax, these fake PCNs are all just a scam whatever the circumstances.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As you have paid, and you have informed them you have paid, they have no action available to pursue even if they would. The £60 would be seen as a clear penalty as they have suffered no loss!

Another clear indication that they are not about controlling car parks, but about sneaking around looking for every reason to issue a invoice!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure