We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

The Sub Prime Credit Thread - Part IV

Options

Comments

• Sam2009
    Sam2009 Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    £250 limit and the APR is 30 % ? 30 something, I cant remember without digging out the paperwork now.

I applied online and they rang me the next day. Card arrived within a week so wasnt as bad as some of the long long waits I have read about on here!
  • cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    Options
    Sam2009 wrote: »
    £250 limit and the APR is 30 % ? 30 something, I cant remember without digging out the paperwork now.

I applied online and they rang me the next day. Card arrived within a week so wasnt as bad as some of the long long waits I have read about on here!
    I recently replaced my Vanquis card and got a spangly blue one. It's quite swish I think!
  • ElkyElky
    ElkyElky Posts: 2,459 Forumite
    Options
    cifpower wrote: »
    I recently replaced my Vanquis card and got a spangly blue one. It's quite swish I think!

I wonder what their new gold one looks like.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Sam2009
    Options
    Thats the one I have ... which to be honest I thought looked cheap and flimsy compared to the lovely cards I had years ago .... so dread to think that the old ones looked like lol :)
  • Sam2009
    Options
    ElkyElky wrote: »

thats what I am aiming for :D
  • cifpower
    Options
    Sam2009 wrote: »
    Thats the one I have ... which to be honest I thought looked cheap and flimsy compared to the lovely cards I had years ago .... so dread to think that the old ones looked like lol :)
    The old one is here/ Quite nasty. I was always embarrassed taking it out of my wallet
  • cifpower
    Options
    ElkyElky wrote: »
    I do remember seeing a picture of it. It's gold and white with the word GOLD on the top left
  • Sam2009
    Options
    cifpower wrote: »
    The old one is here/ Quite nasty. I was always embarrassed taking it out of my wallet

At least that one doesnt look like it has vanquis in big writing all over it so was possibly more discret ?

My theory is that anyone else who has struggled getting mainstream credit will know that you are in exactly the same boat as them so have a vanquis card .... or else you would be elsewhere with better APR
  • Sam2009
    Options
    Another few questions, whilst there are people about :)

Any recommendations about banking ? I am getting fed up of Halifax. They told me years ago that providing i kept the account in order they would upgrade me, yet now they are saying that unless I pass their credit check they wont.

7 years of good banking and nothing from them !!! Was going to try Lloyds but have read somewhere that although they give you a better debit card (not a rubbish electron!) that you can only cash withdraw from Lloyds machines .... which is no good to anyone surely ?
  • cifpower
    Options
    Halifax do not directly upgrade from their basic account I'm afraid. NatWest do from their Step account as do Barclays from their Cash Card account
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport