HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread

Options

Comments

• Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    And even if MSE dont remove the spammers post, Im sure the discussion of spamming will

a) cause HGM to desist from spamming and
    b) cause punters to think twice about using them
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • busybee100
    busybee100 Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes I agree there are too many new posters and it did make me more wary. I wieghted them against how many long term current members had posted, who also had a good experience. I guess the spammers are bumping the thread to the first page for more exposure. I've often reported things on the quieter boards as spam and the posts have not been removed but there are worse things happening with the forums like threads being deleted to protect companies acting outside the law.

Be careful out there :D
  • Froggitt
    Options
    Indeed. The more people that press the spam button, the more likely the MSE mods are to delete the spam.
  • JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Froggitt wrote: »
    And even if MSE dont remove the spammers post, Im sure the discussion of spamming will

a) cause HGM to desist from spamming and
    b) cause punters to think twice about using them
    You're having a laugh. This has been discussed and debated at length a long time ago and it's not made ANY difference to the new posters spamming.
  • Froggitt
    Options
    press that button
  • JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Froggitt wrote: »
    press that button
    I do, every time, it makes noooo difference, even to the most blatant spam (outside of this thread). For that I use the report button cos it's the only thing that gets a post looked at. But I'm not gonna waste my, and mods, time reporting every post here cos I know nothing will get done about it anyway. Hatton were guilty of flat out spamming here to start with, it got them noticed, got them their own thread and now they've got more clever/subtle with it.

Just look at this post from 3 years ago to see how long they've been at it and gone unchecked:
    JMayer wrote: »
    They have established a good reputation in forums by SPAMMING the forums in the first place.

Do a google search for "mattafc hattongardenmetals" and you will see for yourself how much HGM have been promoting themselves on forums.

This is similar to viral marketing. Any forum user who wants to sell gold will have heard of HGM, not because of the good service, but because of their presence in forums.

I am not saying that HGM do not offer a good price or a good service, I am just saying that the only reason that so many MSE readers have commented on HGM is because HGM have been promoting themselves on here for the last year or 2!
  • Froggitt
    Options
    I guess the site mods dont care about spamming then.....so Id like to promote this ebay item http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apple-iPad-3-9-7-inch-LED-Multi-Touch-Tablet-PC-64GB-WiFi-Bluetooth-Camera-/180912879192?pt=UK_iPad_Tablets_eReaders&hash=item2a1f3f7658 as spamming is obviously allowed.

Please feel free to press the spam button on this post. In fact i would encourage it. The item doesnt actually belong to me. Neither is it moneysaving. However, it just might get the mods attention.
  • busybee100
    busybee100 Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    LOL

And if you keep it on the first page there will be no need for newbies to bump it.

Seriously though you did make me think as I'd recently complained about someone spamming on the grabbit board. I tried to explain I would never do business with a company that felt the need to spam. After your post I realised once the company is established and has genuine feedback it somewhat negates the fake posts (for me). Where do I draw the line?

I do agree with you, it is spam. Is it more acceptable because of the good genuine feedback? Maybe we should make it a sticky then it wouldn't need to be bumped.
  • Tinsol
    Options
    Hatton garden metals are a fantastic company and I have recommended them to all my friends and family.

After sending off my gold special delivery on Saturday, I had payment in my bank on Monday and what's more, it was £50 more than originally quoted as my gold weighed more than I had thought.

They are honest, reliable and fast.

Why do people have an issue with this thread. I think it is fantastic and it gave me the confidence to send my gold in the post to this company and I ended up gaining. Cannot complain about that.

Have the people who are complaining actually used this company or intend to? If not, just stay away from this thread if it annoys you. Simple!
  • smc1999
    Options
    I sent an asian bangle without a specific hallmark yesterday around 1, I received timely emails today informing me of progress. 24 hours later and the money is in my account. Great

I must admit I was worried / sceptical about using a gold refiner however the service has been smooth, efficient and effective. More transactions to follow very soon.

Thanksyou
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure