HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread

Options

Comments

• Murphy11
    Options
    Hatton Garden Metals were excellent. posted off 27 grams of bits & pieces and got £260 back the next day. Other outlets had offered far less and seemed to need more hassle. Would certainly recommend HGM to anyone.
  • lottietat
    Options
    This company is amazing. I sent my gold by special delivery on Saturday morning. I was able to confirm that at 7.45am on Monday morning my parcel had arrived. I was emailed at 12.03 that day the remittance advice and the money was in my account by 1pm Monday lunch. Definately recommend.
    The price they pay is also one of the best prices around.
  • ajkend
    Options
    Very impressive! Sent my gold chain by special delivery yesterday and the money has been paid into my account today. My chain weighed 5.6 grams and I received £54. I would highly recommend this service. I found them on this site so thanks very much money saving expert!
  • hamiltonads
    Options
    HAVE JUST DEALT WITH THE ABOVE COMPANY ONLINE ON 2 SEPARATE OCCASIONS TO SELL GOLD AND HAVE RECEIVED THE GOING RATE AS PUBLISHED DAILY AND THE MONEY WAS IN OUR BANK ACCOUNT WITHIN 2 HOURS OF THEM RECEIVING THE PARCELS. WHAT FABULOUS GENUINE SERVICE!!!:j
  • SusanJ44
    Options
    Absolutely excellent service:)

Weighed my gold (Old jewellry and a couple of broken bits and bobs) completed the online form. I wasn't sure of the carat of many of the bits I had so just went with the basic 9ct option. Also wasn't sure of the exact weight as my kitchen scales are a bit wonky! However, estimated that I had about 50g of 9ct. Sent my stash away next day by special delivery - about 3pm. Recieved an e-mail almost immediately confirming what I had sent and what I could expect to get (£402.88)

Next morning I recieved an e-mail saying my gold was worth £608.88 and that this amount would be in my bank account that same day - quickly checked my bank account online and indeed it was!

Great service - honest, reliable and quick. Can't praise Hatton Garden Metals enough - highly recommended:T
  • _gav_
    _gav_ Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would simply confirm what everybody else has said. I must admit I was a little concerned at the number of "1" postcounts that were appearing on this thread, however I went ahead.

I took our chains to a local "gold" dealer who would offer best rate....they offered £732. Off to Hatton Garden Metals, £1,100 !! Thankyou I'll have some of that.

Posted my chains on Tuesday, received confirmation on Wednesday and the money is in my bank account today, can't ask more than that!

Don't worry about the single digit posters in this thread. They are here because the email confirmation you receive informing you of the money you will get direct you to this thread to provide feedback.

IHTH

Gavin
  • jaabbott42
    Options
    Used HGM on 02/11/2010. Sent silver ingots at time of quote it was 35p per gram. On the day they received the silver it had gone up to 36p per gram. They promised £991 after the increase in the price I actually received in my bank the day after was £1029. Fantasitic service would use again and would recommend it to anybody.:T
  • licious
    licious Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys,

I've got some bits and bobs that I'm going to send off to this company. I just have a couple of questions though?!!

I've weighed them all on my kitchen scales, but I don't have any digital ones only the old style ones where the hand moves round!! My gold weighs just over the 50g marker on the dial. I have an old ring in there with 3 VERY small diamonds....If they are diamonds that is! so I know that not a lot will be taken off for this. BUT, I have 2 x 9ct white gold bracelets, one with aquamarine stones all the way round and one with CZ stones all the way round. I was thinking of taking off about 10g for all of these stones so will probably base my quote on 40g??!!

Do you think this will be OK?

Thanks,

Licious xx
    1% at a time Member 220
    Debt 1 = £700 - 1% = £7.00 - 28% :j
    Debt 2 = £500 - 1% = £5.00 -33% :j
    Debt 3 = £1900 - 1% = £19.00 - 2%
    Debt 4 = £8000 :eek: - 1% = £80.00 - 0.5%
  • licious
    licious Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    WOW!!! Is all I can say......!! I sent my gold off yesterday, 40g of 9ct. Calculator on website quoted £394. I received £387.89 in my bank account this morning!!!!!!! HGM weighed my gold at 38.40g due to the stones I mentioned in my post above, and gold price up slightly from yesterday!!

Thank you HGM.....You are superb!

Licious xx
    1% at a time Member 220
    Debt 1 = £700 - 1% = £7.00 - 28% :j
    Debt 2 = £500 - 1% = £5.00 -33% :j
    Debt 3 = £1900 - 1% = £19.00 - 2%
    Debt 4 = £8000 :eek: - 1% = £80.00 - 0.5%
  • missspeedy23
    Options
    Sent off my gold yesterday - as in previous post I only had kitchen scales and it looked like 1oz which I converted to 28g roughly. Priced up 30g with HGM and sent to them. They have paid out on 30g so not sure if there was actually more and they only pay max of what you put on the sheet but still happy with the payout (£10.07 total £301). Local trader quoted me £200 so I'm not complaining.

Would definitely use again.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure