HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread

Comments

• Excellent company to deal with - very efficient and staightforward.
    When did you use it? Monday 12th Feb
    What did you send it? A mixture of 24ct, 14kt, 9ct gold and some silver broken and whole jewellery pieces.
    How much did it promise you? £760
    How much did it deliver? £771.08
    How efficient was the service? INCREDIBLE!
    If it didn't deliver the full amount, what was its reason? There were some small adjustments to the weight of gold I had given but I expected this as I'd used kitchen scales to weigh the pieces.

Anything else other people should know? I was notified of the changes in weight and given the opportunity to have all my gold returned to me. Once I accepted the transaction the money was deposited into my account.

Definitely straightforward and easy to deal with - far less hassle than selling to a local jeweller and I got a much higher price.
  • Excellent service, was amazed at how quick transaction was, so nice to deal with an online company with such high standards.
    Thank You.:T:T
  • Used Hatton Garden Metals this week to sell an old 9 carat gold charm bracelet, as the reviews about them were excellent, and the price they offered online was very good. Sent off the goods on the Wednesday (special delivery as requested), and following receipt of the items, the money was in my account within 24 hours. EXCELLENT SERVICE. I can highly recommend them.
  • Lea79
    Lea79 Posts: 1 Newbie
    I sent 10 full sovereigns into Hatton garden metels yesterday to sell. I ticked PayPal as my preferred payment method. This morning I had a phone call off a lovley employee explaining that if I wanted to be payed by PayPal, PayPal would deduct a 10% charge, effectively is lose £200. They were ringing to ask if I wanted to be payed by bank transfer to avoid this charge.

I’m very impressed with Hatton garden metels for their great customer service. They could have just let me get charged £200 but they didn’t they contacted me with a better option. They deserve a good review for protecting their customers interests and for the speedy payment. Well done Hatton garden metels, and thanks.
  • Blue_Max
    Blue_Max Posts: 725 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 March 2018 at 10:38AM
    Has anyone used Hatton Garden Metals for buying and selling Britannia Gold and Queen's Beast coins?
    How does their margins, premium and spread compare with others?

PS
    People who have made only one or two posts, please do not reply. Thanks!
  • JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Blue_Max wrote: »
    People who have made only one or two posts, please do not reply. Thanks!
    Don't worry, they won't. They sign up, post "HGM are awesome" and are never seen again.
  • charlie3090
    charlie3090 Posts: 583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Im not a newbie,

I have used them several times and they are brilliant,

pay good prices, let you know if your gold is a higher carat and
    pay very quickly,

I would highly recommend them to anyone.
  • Yesterday, 03/04/2018 I posted an 18K hunting case watch (without movement or crystal) to Hatton Garden Metals. I estimated the weight at 21G (once they removed the steel case spring and winding stem) and hoped to receive about £453 (I had previously tried it on eBay for a month listing it with the case and watch movement dated 1907 in good running order at £499 with no bids and had anyone bid I would only have received about £450 after paying eBay and PayPal). Today, LESS THAN 24 hours from time of posting I had their Email reply that £459 had been deposited directly to my bank (which I checked and confirmed.) So after posting I still made a minimum of £2 more than I hoped from an eBay sale and I still have the watch movement I can sell for more £. Great service. Would highly recommend and will use again given the chance. Thanks Hatton Garden Metals. AAAAA
  • Have just used Hatton Garden Metals for the first time, following a recommendation on MSE. We were a bit concerned doing it for the first time but I have to say, I was extremely impressed. I posted off the gold and silver around 9:30am one day and received a response and payment at 10:55am the next day. Where else would you get service like that? I will definitely be using them again and recommend them to others.
  • Ash_Pole
    Ash_Pole Posts: 309 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I was looking into using these guys. Some great feedback on here but what is it with all the one-time posters? Is this HGM spamming the forum? I can't see why they would do this, the "genuine" reviews on here are largely positive. The rest are making me less likely to use them!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback