Debate House Prices

In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.

£1000 of Free House Price Information Each (merged)

Comments

• This site is wicked, it appeared in The Times about two months ago get onto it and have a nose

dale
  • terrierlady
    terrierlady Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Brilliant for market research as agents just sometimes don't reveal the true facts.
    my bark is worse than my bite!!!!!!!!
  • ella2ethan1
    ella2ethan1 Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have just searched all the free sites I can but cant find my next door neighbours on any of them! How frustraiting!!!!! and I know when he moved in coz our life got noisy
  • BrightonLad
    BrightonLad Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    itgirlinuk wrote:
    The house that I am looking to buy is not listed on nethouseprices. What do I do?
    ITGIRL - The site only tells you the actual price the house sold for, so if you are looking to buy a house, check out a site like rightmove to see the asking price.

I know that nethouse prices shows the price on completion not the asking price because a house i bought a couple of years ago is on there and it shows the actual price i paid, which was different to the asking price (quite a bit less actually - yipee)
  • Anyone know why a sale from Dec 03 may be missing, even though subsequent ones are listed? I know the house was sold; either that or I'm squatting here! :confused:
  • Thanks for that. We're just about to buy a house in that street and I never knew there was such an easy way to find out about local house sales.
  • loanranger_4
    loanranger_4 Posts: 164 Forumite
    Anyone know when the latest data for Feb/March will be on there?

Thanks
    Z

"It is better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation." Herman Melville.
  • Phonix
    Phonix Posts: 837 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My mother sold out house to my sister at well below market value otherwise she wouldn't have been able to afford it and barely could even after a huge reduction.

It would be crazy if this information devalues the house, but as it's only for the last two years this shouldn't be a problem when trying to sell?
  • ReportInvestor
    ReportInvestor Posts: 3,646 Forumite
    It might create a potential problem with the taxman, though - who also has access to these land registry figures.

Just noting that this great free site is still going, with 100 searches a day if you register - but you can also search (more slowly) without registration. The information is now complete to the end of May 2005.
  • parabol64
    parabol64 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Search results seem to be in this kind of format:
    x Flat, xx, xx Avenue
    £360,000
    Flat
    Leasehold
    Build status not stated
    08 May 2005

Does anyone know whether there's a way of finding out some more details?
    Like number of bedrooms, etc?

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family