Debate House Prices

In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.

£1000 of Free House Price Information Each (merged)

Comments

• fraser
    fraser Posts: 277 Forumite
    amazing site...

just seeing the growth in my area has shocked me, not reallly that major suprise but the numbers bring it home...

20% each year on average for the last 5 years

40% for the last 2 years !

I would not be able to afford my home now at all !
  • RANDY_3
    RANDY_3 Posts: 33 Forumite
    Excellent.
    I heard about this website on the way to work one morning, but sods law i had forgotten the website address by the time i had arrived at my office.

So THANK YOU.
  • Sofa_Sogood
    Sofa_Sogood Posts: 5,258 Forumite
    fraser wrote:
    amazing site...

just seeing the growth in my area has shocked me, not reallly that major suprise but the numbers bring it home...

20% each year on average for the last 5 years

40% for the last 2 years !

I would not be able to afford my home now at all !

Can I ask if you worked the percentages out yourself fraser? It's just when I had a look (great site I agree by the way), I could only compare what next door paid compare to what we paid. So I'm presuming I didn't look properly?

They got there's cheap so must have haggled. We didn't :rolleyes:

;)
  • fraser
    fraser Posts: 277 Forumite
    Can I ask if you worked the percentages out yourself fraser? It's just when I had a look (great site I agree by the way), I could only compare what next door paid compare to what we paid. So I'm presuming I didn't look properly?

They got there's cheap so must have haggled. We didn't :rolleyes:

;)

yes, worked out the growth in excel :), did you see the small tab for selecting the year on the search page ?

- on a side note I expect this information is out and about because of the Freedom of Information Act ?
  • Sofa_Sogood
    Sofa_Sogood Posts: 5,258 Forumite
    fraser wrote:
    yes, worked out the growth in excel :), did you see the small tab for selecting the year on the search page ?

- on a side note I expect this information is out and about because of the Freedom of Information Act ?

Thanks for the reply fraser. :)

I'm not sure why the info's out and about, probably what you suggested.

As for the small tab selecting year etc, I saw the drop down bar for years between 2000 and 2005 I think.

I'll get my coat and go back and have a look I think ;)
  • jockettuk
    jockettuk Posts: 5,809 Forumite
    From one who works at the Land Registry - you should be aware that we have only been capturing purchase price for the past 4-5 years and then only when the transfer is for full value (e.g. not between family members at less than market value). If the value is not shown now there is no point looking again tomorrow as it will not change until next time the house sells. Hope this helps.

friends house not showing in any of the searches that we doing .. he didnt buy it family or friends etc so if not showing does this mean nothing in the land registry for his property
    Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear
    Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
    Are thinking of you today.
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Found this site really interesting! Being a nosey parker rather than looking to buy a house at all. ;) Thanks for the info.
  • trafalgar_2
    trafalgar_2 Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Wow thanks for that site info ......very interesting and helpful
  • sdhar39
    sdhar39 Posts: 33 Forumite
    Hi
    You can also check on https://www.ourproperty.co.uk

San
  • Hi San

Cheers for mentioning https://www.ourproperty.co.uk, Im actually one of the people behind the site. Just wanted to add that today we have updated new data from the Land Registry up till 31st December 2004 so we have the final 2 months of the year live. We are the only site to have this data uploaded at present.

Happy searching all :)

Jon
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family