Debate House Prices

In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.

£1000 of Free House Price Information Each (merged)

Comments

• As other posters have mentioned, why on earth is'nt Northern Ireland included in these house price sites? It is part of the United Kingdom so why is it always so shoddily treated? :mad:
    'Puritanism: the haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy'.

H L Mencken
  • Hi there

This is because the Northern Ireland Land Registry is an entirely different organisaton even though Northern Ireland is actually in the United Kingdom. We are planning on getting this data added within the month, I will keep you updated on it.

Cheers

Jon
  • Debsie
    Debsie Posts: 12 Forumite
    There are a few web sites now offering free house price information. Does anyone know how they get the land registry records?
    Charles J
  • memark
    memark Posts: 29 Forumite
    The site seems an interesting one and I had to have a look (just in the name of market research, you understand). Strange thing is, it seems to think all the houses on my road all sold for the same price. Now I know that's not true because we paid £26k less than that. I wonder if it's just picking up the price of the house last sold on the road, which would be about right?
    Look into my eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes but in the eyes... :rolleyes:
  • Loobeylou
    Loobeylou Posts: 901 Forumite
    Good site - however, last time I looked last week they seemed to be a bit behind - hoping they will bring in 2005 very soon!
  • Thanks for this - just spent a few quid on myhouseprice.com - now can get all the info for nought!! Works really well and quickly.
  • divadee
    divadee Posts: 10,609 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    well i have checked out my road and my house came up so thought i would have a look the price was correct but not that it is terraced we live in a detached bungalow :confused: there is definately space all the way round my house, as my car is parked there
  • gogsboy
    gogsboy Posts: 527 Forumite
    The_Pritch wrote:
    Just had a sneaky look at next door and paid £2.5k less than them. Yahoo :)

Its not 100% accurate though, my house shows 1.5k less than actual price and many other properties that I know the selling price are showing on the site as a few K under actual sale price
  • Another free site is https://www.nethouseprices.com. They have information for England, Scotland and Wales going back to 2000. Just checked on our house price sale back in 2002 and this was accurate as was my sister's house price in 2004.
  • The house that I am looking to buy is not listed on nethouseprices. What do I do?
    The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket. :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure