Debate House Prices

In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.

£1000 of Free House Price Information Each (merged)

Comments

• jockettuk
    jockettuk Posts: 5,809 Forumite
    cant find a friends house on here and they moved in last june .. no matter which way i try theres no trace of them moving in .. does this mean they not registered at the land registry?
    Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear
    Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
    Are thinking of you today.
  • rcb7
    rcb7 Posts: 100 Forumite
    GREAT SITE

Now we can keep a check on House Prices in our Road and other areas for free, as it should be!
  • Just had a sneaky look at next door and paid £2.5k less than them. Yahoo :)
  • Ofcourse, it does'nt work for Northern Ireland!! We're always forgotten about!
    Shame they don't forget about us when it comes to taking money off us!
  • What a surprise indeed!! The beautiful Norn Iron has been forgotten about yet again. Nobody loves us!!! .......... unless we're shelling out!!!
  • I notice from the WEB site this is being made a FREE site for ever, at rpesent some detail is unavailable while the software is changed.

The site is run by the land registry.
  • Sofa_Sogood
    Sofa_Sogood Posts: 5,258 Forumite
    :) Excellent! I have enjoyed finding out how much a house sold for that I decided not to buy and yes! they did lower the price due to the bad survey that came back lol :D

How did you find out all that? I must have navigated the site the wrong way. :confused:
  • Fab site - great if you're a nosey parker ;) I tried it a while ago, but wasn't going to pay.

However, purely out of interest of course, went to search on some of my friends' houses who moved at the same time as us - not all there :confused:

Will give it another go tomorrow.
    From one who works at the Land Registry - you should be aware that we have only been capturing purchase price for the past 4-5 years and then only when the transfer is for full value (e.g. not between family members at less than market value). If the value is not shown now there is no point looking again tomorrow as it will not change until next time the house sells. Hope this helps.
  • no free house info for northern ireland like pretty much anything else. you would near think you's wanted nothing to do with us at times! may as well drape an ireland flag over me now!!!!! JOKE
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    no free house info for northern ireland like pretty much anything else. you would near think you's wanted nothing to do with us at times! may as well drape an ireland flag over me now!!!!! JOKE

Do you have the same system of registration as in England? Seems wrong that a chunk of the UK can't get the info the rest of us can.
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport