We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 8

1…12451246124812501251…1605

Comments

  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    Have fun SS x

    Weezlie - have you priced up the frozen seafood in costco? I'd be interested in your findings if you have :)
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,010
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Forumite
    3onitsway wrote: »
    Yes - but still terrified! Apart from my three lots of maternity leave, i've never been off work since I started at 16! But luckily I have the option of going back if I find being a full time mum too tedious!

    I've been like this too...started work (illegally) at 15( well I was nearly 16) and have never not-worked apart from 6wks when we moved, and maternity leave with the three kids...I am going to find it very strange. I don't know how long I will stay off as I tend to go to work to get a bit of time away from dh....I am very torn because I want to be at home with the kids yet don't want to be here with dh:o

    I am trying to find groups/clubs to go out to:p

    Have you decided how you will fill your time? Is the career break basically until V goes to school?

    Mel x
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    fills uncomfortable silence :)
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • 3onitsway
    3onitsway Posts: 4,000
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Mel The career break is for a maximum of four years, so as it stands I return to work on 11th January 2014.

    V will have been at school since the September before if i've worked it out right. (And Liv will have started secondary school :eek:).

    I did the four years because we're in the process of being taken over - but until next November we keep our Civil Service terms and conditions. So if i'd applied for a year at a time (as OH suggested), come next year i'd probably be turned down as Career breaks are not something the new bosses are encouraging.

    I am planning on clubs/groups to go to as I worry that without nursery she'll become too dependant/clingy with me. If you find any, let me know. :p

    All I know about down this way is something at the Library on a Tuesday morning, and the surestart centre that I never managed to get too. :o
    :beer:
  • elle_gee
    elle_gee Posts: 8,584
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Anyone watching BBC news? _pale_ Made me go cold.. :( (this)
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    fills uncomfortable silence :)

    It is quiet tonight eh? I'm listening to OH talking to K through the monitor hee hee!
    Of to bed shortly, just waiting for DD to get in
  • 3onitsway
    3onitsway Posts: 4,000
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    fills uncomfortable silence :)

    I'm still here - and starving.

    I put my tea in the oven half an hour ago, and just got a strange whiff. I've been gassing my Chicken Dopiaza for half an hour rather than cooking it. :o
    :beer:
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    elle_gee wrote: »
    Anyone watching BBC news? _pale_ Made me go cold.. :(

    No chick, whats on?
  • I've been wrapping christmas presents and playing monopoly on pogo.

    Just one more present to wrap (plus Izzy's bits, but they can wait - want to get rid of all the family ones over the weekend, so we can have the space back!)
    :heart:Isabella Molly born 14th January 2009:heart:
    New challenge for 2011 - saving up vouchers to pay for Chistmas!
    Amazon £48.61 Luncheon Vouchers £24
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.