Keeping away from the Jones and leading my frugal life diary

Options

Comments

• miemie
    miemie Posts: 646 Forumite
    Options
    Hi pixieface and thanks for posting, i used to work in a nursery and how some parents speak to their children is disgusting.

On the money front have spent far too much this weekend, bought DS a bike for christmas and then spent £75 in morrisons and then £13 in B&M , i try to stick to £50 a week for food shopping but have gone way over this week, i did buy a christmas prezzie and a large roasting tray in morrisons so thats where some of the money went and bought quite a lot of meat, so hopeing that we won't need to buy anything but fruit and veg for the next 2 weeks, well heres hopeing.

Going to have a lazy day at home today as its the last day of the holidays, kiddies are vegged out on the sofa watching cartoons, but leaving them as back to the mad rush of the school run tommorrow.

Have done scratchies 10p and 10p, not much but will add up.

Can anyone tell me if Marks and spencers still take paper vouchers, found a £5 one in a draw yesterday, but have a feeling they can't be used any more:confused:.
  • homegrown_life
    Options
    You sound like you're a fab mum miemie, keep up all the good work!! Going to subscribe to your diary now :)
    2010 Cost of Living Challenge - £901/£5300 * Grocery challenge - £117.91/£120 *
    Total Debt- [STRIKE]£6388.74[/STRIKE] £5995.66 :eek:
    Debt Free Reward Pot £11 * Overdraft vs 100 days £363.76/£800 *
    Feb NSD's 8/12
  • miemie
    Options
    Thanks homegrown life, glad to have you aboard.

Children have finally got dressed, hav'nt told them that their aunty is coming around soon, she is young, mad and has soooo much more energy than me so she can run round like a looney with them for an hour whilst i get some jobs done :D.
  • miemie
    Options
    Well back to work and school today, had to do the horrid standing in the playground torture this morning whilst everyone went on about how much money they had spent on their little darlings in the holidays, made an excuse and went and chatted to the head for 5 mins until i could make an escape, Also back to work for me its been lovely having a week off but back to it, children were so hyper in class though and had to take a couple out who were being disruptive.

On the money front not much is happening, 10p and 10p from free scrachcards and have joined bingo britain as you get £5 bonus everyday for 30 daysand won £2.50 this morning, have managed a couple of surveys since getting in from work.

Tea tonight is pie, chips and peas and apple crumble and custard for pud:D, seem to have loads of milk so must use it up.

2 Ds games that i ordered for dd for christmas arrived today, used amazon vouchers that i had saved during the year, so were free really, 1 is second hand but is in really good condition and looks new.

Hoping to make to day a nsd if possible, yesterday was'nt as i had to pay the milkman for 2 weeks worth of milk/eggs £10.12p, actually thinking about it will cancel milk for tommorrow as don't need it.
  • POSITIVE_AND_FOCUSED
    Options
    miemie wrote: »
    Well back to work and school today, had to do the horrid standing in the playground torture this morning whilst everyone went on about how much money they had spent on their little darlings in the holidays, made an excuse and went and chatted to the head for 5 mins until i could make an escape, Also back to work for me its been lovely having a week off but back to it, children were so hyper in class though and had to take a couple out who were being disruptive.

On the money front not much is happening, 10p and 10p from free scrachcards and have joined bingo britain as you get £5 bonus everyday for 30 daysand won £2.50 this morning, have managed a couple of surveys since getting in from work.

Tea tonight is pie, chips and peas and apple crumble and custard for pud:D, seem to have loads of milk so must use it up.

2 Ds games that i ordered for dd for christmas arrived today, used amazon vouchers that i had saved during the year, so were free really, 1 is second hand but is in really good condition and looks new.

Hoping to make to day a nsd if possible, yesterday was'nt as i had to pay the milkman for 2 weeks worth of milk/eggs £10.12p, actually thinking about it will cancel milk for tommorrow as don't need it.

Hi there, I understand totally re the school run. I still feel rubbish amongst some of the other parents when you hear what they are doing after dropping their kids off to school, have a coffee, go to the duck pond or whatever. I'm usually off to work, and after school my dd is at school club or whatever while I still work. I have learnt to not compare myself to them all. Although sometimes I still do. I have also felt complete rubbish as a mum when I have had to deny my dd a sweet or toy because I literally have no cash to spend, but then we are getting there with our debt and we are keeping our home. The greatest joy in my life is my dd and being a mum. Just stay focused on you and your family. I like the sound of some of your home cooking btw!!!!! Im into that too I have to say. I love baking with my dd, and preparing some of the meals for the following week. Weekends have lovely kitchen moments since Ive discovered the oven again!!! Take care xx
    My debts at LBM (2009)Grand Total £161,983.77.(Incs everything, mtge, cr cards, loans)
    May 2013 £124,080.27= £37,903.50 paid off WOW!!!!! Well done! There is a guardian angel out there! :AI'm visualising success, debt freeness, and happy days!:T
  • miemie
    Options
    Hi P and F, hope its ok to call you that, thanks for posting, i love baking yummy food for my family, nothing better than chocolate cake and snuggling up on the sofa with the kiddies watching a dvd.

I'm clock watching at the moment as i'm missing the little miemies, hate these first few days of going back to school the house is so quiet, i hate it.

Oh and i've blown my nsd:o, just bought some lovely snowglobe christmas cards that are on the freebie low spend board, they are very pretty and only cost £1.75 for delivery and will be nice for special friends.
  • miemie
    Options
    WOOHOO just done another survey for one of the sites i use and its taken me to over 9000 points so able to redeem £5, not alot i know but little things keep me happy:D, but it said it could take 2 weeks to hit bank account, why when its electronic transfer:confused:.
  • BEAT_THE_DEBT
    Options
    Hi your doing so well.xx
  • miemie
    Options
    Good morning and its a cold one here in Lancashire.

Been up since 6 this morning so have managed to get lots of bits done whilst little miemie's are in the land of nod, wash machine on, lunch boxes made etc.

Scratchies are done 50p and 10p this morning and have won £6 on bingo britain using the £5 free bonus:D, can't withdraw until this afternoon though.

Need to spend some money today as i need to get sugar and potatoes, also need to put petrol in the car.

East tea tonight of jkt spuds, beans and cheese and left over crumble and custard.
  • miemie
    Options
    hello
    Good day so far for me have spent nowt, did scratchies this morning 50p & 10p, did'nt win anything from BB, yesterdays spends were 99p in tesco on potatoes decided not to buy granulated sugar as we have caster in for baking and some brown sugar that could be used in coffee which i hardly drink, so thought i would leave it until i do a big shop.

Made soup in slow cooker yesterday which i've just had for lunch adnd was soooo yummy, frozen 6 portion for lunches next week and a portion is sat in the fridge for tommorrow lunch time. going to make a cake and some bread later on as well.

Was asked if a was ok buy one of the gossips at childrens school this morning, said i did'nt seem myself and had'nt been around much, just said i'm busy at work and also trying to get organised for xmas;), no juicy gossip for her to spread around the playground well you never know i do think they make half of what they talk about up:p.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure