PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,967 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi all - rubbish day but lets see what i can come up with

1. Son is really happy with new maths teacher
    2 Having a night off from marking and am in bed with lappy and, soon, book i got from library yesterday that i've wanted to read for ages
    3. Favourite comfort food tea of jacket spud beans and cheese
    4. Tried a new clothes style out today and felt confident with it.
    5. struggling with a fifth -- will large glass of wine left over from french holiday do?
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    (((Hugs))) to everyone who needs them.

My five for Thursday:

1. A brilliant bit of meal planning (even if I say so myself :rotfl:) in how to use the contents of the fridge and all the fruit and veg from the delivery this week between now and next Tuesday.

2. While looking for a different recipe, rediscovering my Rose Elliot 'Cheap and Easy' cookbook and trying out the courgette, rice and cheese recipe from it. I have now found another really, really good staple meal which can hide lots of other veggies in it as well as courgettes. There's enough left over to do tomorrow's lunch as well.:D

3. Getting all the club sports kit washed and (mostly) dried in between showers. I was in and out the house all day taking washing in and putting it back out again to avoid the rain. I felt really silly doing this :o - there were about 5 machine loads - but it was almost all dry by the end of the day so I think I'll tackle airing it indoors tomorrow if I can find enough space to hang it.

4. I've ordered a small bundle of absolutely beautiful fabric and some batting to use to start work on some of my smallest sewing projects for sale. I am soooo looking forward to getting that parcel.

5. Got a lovely note from a woman that DS1 works with who is expecting her first baby and is an avid knitter. She was thanking me for lending her some of my baby knitting pattern books. She sounds so excited at her pregnancy.

Sleep well

B x
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,190 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Ladyhawk - that's awful about the poor dog. :-(

Here are my 5 for today.

1) Home/school partnership lady came out and was reasonably helpful.

2) A little of my paranoia about MrN passed off. Thank goodness. Had another cup of tea with his parents which sort of helped, in that they're decent, normal sort of people and look as though they wouldn't put up with any shenanigans from him. And very open and honest too. It's been a damned hard 2 weeks though. That's the legacy of a series of horrible relationships - I'm either expecting a slap or for him to casually say he's leaving me. :-( Anyway, home/school partnership lady is finding me a place on the Freedom Course run by Women's Aid so I don't know if that will help.

3) Went to mum and dad's and talked to the pigs a bit. I have taken another video so hope I can link to it if it downloads properly.

4) Cooked rather a nice tea finishing with Eton Mess.

5) MrN and I went out! To a pub!! I don't think we've really spoken for a fortnight so it was weird and quite stressful but I'm glad we did it.

and 6) :-)

Thanks to everyone who had baby Ben in their thoughts. He wasn't really supposed to pull through but got strong enough to have the operation on his heart on Monday. He'll be home in a couple of weeks !!!!!!!!!!! I don't really know his mum well (she is my sister's friend and there's such an age gap between us we were never at the same school at the same time so I don't know her friends well) but I am driving to another friend of sister's tomorrow with some homemade meals for the mum to heat up. :-) Even MrN is excited at the news and he has never met the mum at all!
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hoorah! Fabulous news about baby Ben Frith, what a little fighter he is :):):)

Ladyhawk - how sad about the dog ((( ))). Have fun on the Moonwalk, would love to do something like that :)

Yesterday's delights.........

1. Good physio session, she was really pleased with my progress again and I came away happy, after hobbling in there feeling grotty and sore.
    2. Free lunch with work
    3. Was given a new apron (shame it has a work-related slogan on it, but hey it was free and I needed a new one!)
    4. Friend took DD after school for me so I could go to physio :)
    5. Same friend was clearing out her fridge of not out of date stuff, and gave me some bits :)
    6. Lovely evening with OH; we watched the Prince Phillip programme which made me respect him a little bit more (i.e. a little bit at all!).
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    posting earlier than usual!

1.Been a nice enough day ( what i've seen!...sun was shining but still chilly)
    2.saw lots of little wren-like birds and said hello to the ducks!
    3.Not manically busy at work which was nice for a Friday!
    4.Brought some food that was leftover from work & would just have been chucked out....waste not, want not!
    5.Hurrah for the weekend! And we have a holiday on Monday to celebrate the Queen's birthday so God bless her majesty, I am so glad it's a holiday weekend!
    6. I am just going for a decadent bath! Still daylight!

Have a good Friday x
  • Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    Morning

Frith - Fantastic news about baby ben
    Ladyhawk - what a horrible start to the day, enjoy the moonwalk I'm sure it will be fantastic.

Pleasures for yesterday:
    1. Packed lunches for everyone again today, have been really good this week.
    2. Managed to buy Glamour magazine for the benefit freebies, so £30 make up for a £6 spend. Makeup put away for a stocking filler for DD. Also bought for my friend as well as she couldn't get out of the office.
    3. Received some pastry to test so will be making sausage rolls at the week end as have some sausage meat in the freezer.
    4. OH was in a bit of a sulk with himself tonight so while DD was at guides I went for a walk, needed to do this anyway so all the more pleasurable as meant didn't have to look at his sulky face:cool:
    5. While walking listening to a local church bells ringing. The bell ringers practice on a Thursday evening and was quite nice to listen to as walked.

Hugs to all who need them.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ladyhawk - what a way to start the day. At least you did what you could. Enjoy the moonwalk.

Frith - what great news about baby Ben

1. Enjoyable walk with my dog and a neighbour had cut the hedge along the footpath and the smell was lovely. Met a couple of people and had a chat admiring the poppies in the field of rape.

2. A NSD.

3. DS1 took and collected DS2 from town and so saved me a journey.

4. Had chicken, jacket spuds and salad for tea and cooked a couple of cakes and flapjacks at the same time.

5, Washing mainly dried outside and also managed to get more or less up to date on ironing. DS1 has an incredible amount of clothes that all needed washing. I was very selective on what I ironed and what I folded.

6. Managed to get to pay out amount on survey site.

7. Some colourcatchers came in the post.

Hope everyone has a good day today
  • Ladyhawk
    Ladyhawk Posts: 2,064 Forumite
    Options
    hi Everyone!

Hope you are all ready for the weekend!!! Yippee!!!!!:j

1) Long meeting today... breakie and lunch was included.

2) We had the official opening of our new office... complete with a champagne reception... i love champagne! Especially when it is free!

3) A big project that I am desperate to lead was a step closer to being mine.:j It's going to be a really tough one but is exciting. The operational team have put in a request for me to be the Supply Chain lead so fingers crossed that the big boss agrees with them.

4) Finally got round to planting out some seedlings... I have a tray of hundreds of the little blighters... half of which are a complete mystery as they were in a plain envelope!

5) Left the office at 4.45pm... completely justified as I was in at 7.45 and had been working on the train on my wait to the office.

Night all... and thank you for your good lucks for the Moonwalk... looks like it is going to be a tad chilly unfortunately :(

Kittikins - you would be more than welcome to join me at the Sunwalk on the 24 July. You can choose a 5km, 10km or half marathon option.

L
    Man plans and God laughs...
    Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry. But by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it introduces the idea that if we try to understand each other, we may even become friends.
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Frith, what fantastic news about baby Ben.:T I'm so pleased to hear it.

My five pleasures for today (in addition to the Ben news :)):

1. Getting closer to deciding on my 'business name' for the craft stall type stuff I'm working on.

2. Having a little picnic all by myself in the car while getting on with some work and waiting for the DSs to finish their sport's coaching.

3. Discovering that yesterday's cheese, rice and courgette dish tastes fine cold, slices up without too much crumbling and will therefore probably work well as a savoury thing in lunch boxes and, since it is wheat free, will do well for me when I decide to tackle going wheat free again.

4. Remembering to get old points added to my card in Mr S.

5. Shifting lots of paperwork.

Sleep well

B x
  • Carolyntia
    Carolyntia Posts: 363 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all :wave:

1) Managing to get enough fruit from work to last me the weekend
    2) A friend sent me some flowers to cheer me up :D
    3) Lazy dinner from the chip shop :o
    4) Cat nap on the sofa after work
    5) Resisting all the overpriced yellow stickies in Asda

Hope you all had a good day

C x
    As my dad always used to say 'Just because you've got the money doesn't mean to say you have to spend it all at once'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure