PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,223 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    4weeladdies: hello from an exiled fellow Scot!

1.Started work an hour later today, so enjoyed a walk to school with my neighbour....nice to catch up!
    2.Was a very cold,cold wind but beautiful start to day then oh my! It rained terribly! The pleasure.....I didn't get caught in rain & the rain fills up the resevoirs!
    3.Got my haircut...looking gorgeous again.....for 1 day !
    4. Husband home! Was away a couple of nights so nice to see him!
    5. Started the day with a phone call to my mum,just for 5 minutes......45 minutes later! Then came home to 2 proper letters! 1 from my letter writing friend & 1 from my in-laws. Also got 2 birthday cards from UK for son for next week so glad they have arrived!
  • bundly
    bundly Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thriftlady wrote: »
    It's so good to know that the OS life can be so rewarding.

What is OS?

Oversexed?
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tee hee bundly!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,223 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    broomstick can you give me the recipe for your lemon curd in slow cooker. I have 10 lemons in my fruit bowl that need used up!
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello all......another so-so day in Kittikins' world, will try and get 5 or more together

1. I got a second opinion from a different physio and she was less enthusiastic about my prospects and more 'on the side' of the consultant if you get what I mean.......the pleasure? - my employer pays for the physio rather than me ;)
    2. Worked from home as I was achy after yesterday's long working day which was both :( and :)
    3. The sun shone and I got the washing dry
    4. DD returned home this evening :):):):):)
    5. Made one of DD's favourite dinners to celebrate her return, shame she didn't eat much of it as she was over-excited and over-tired!
    6. Nice chats with my mum on the phone during the day

Wow, I did it.....go me!
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening all.

Please excuse the briefness of tonight's post but I'm seriously weary - I was meant to be meeting friends tonight but have had to cancel as I just can't find the energy to go out again. :(

1) I spent the whole of this morning in a meeting which wasn't terribly exciting (meetings rarely are, are they?) but was held in my favourite building, which has fantastic views over Portsmouth and the Solent. :)

2) Salad and salad cream sarnie for lunch - very summery!

3) My garden looks wonderfully floriferous, largely thanks to last year's snapdragons which survived the snow and have been flowering since March.

4) Last day at work tomorrow before I'm off on a week and a half's leave. :j

5) One from yesterday which I'll carry over, if you don't mind: my sister has been told her employer is extending her contract - she only had three weeks left so was starting to get seriously worried. :D

Have a lovely evening, all - I'll try and post something more 'awake' seeming tomorrow. ;)
  • Ladyhawk
    Ladyhawk Posts: 2,064 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all,

1) Boxercised this evening.. I had to go back to my desk afterward to do some work and my arms felt all twitchy which has gotta be good!

2) Took my carrot cake into work this mornig and it got rave reviews. I must admit it was delish!

3) Picked a tub of strawberries fom the garden - they are so fragrant and I am really looking forward to munching them

Hmm... I haven't had a bad day but am struggling to come up with more pleasures...

4) Oh yes... very pretty sunset on the drive home over the Chilterns

5) Chatting to a friend in Edinburgh and another one in Toronto on FB

Nighty night

L
    Man plans and God laughs...
    Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry. But by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it introduces the idea that if we try to understand each other, we may even become friends.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,170 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    5 for today so far.

1) Got the boys to school with 3 seconds to spare!

2) Had my hair cut at college (£4.95) I didn't realise it was a level 1 day so I had a VERY nervous girl taking a mm off at a time. Then the lecturer came over and her hands were a blur as she scythed through it all and it looks a bit better now.

3) Had hot chocolate and cake at Cafe Nerro's afterwards by myself. Not very OS at all!

4) Good long chat with friend this afternoon on the phone.

5) Took the boys to the barbers after school. Not much of a pleasure as it took me 20 minutes to get them through the door then a certain amount of brute force to get smaller son in the chair. His head is always very sensitive (we tried cranial osteopathy last year) and he really doesn't like it but it was starting to look a bit silly. So he had an inch off everywhere. Bigger son is growing his hair so he can have a pony tail so he had an inch off the back (by his neck) so the front and sides can catch up with it. Then he looked like he had a bob so the barber layered it slightly!

6) Went to see ex-mother in law and survived. She was always nice to me, though. Pity her son wasn't! :-P

7) Plenty of texts off MrN today. :-)

8) Boys played football in the village and I took my juggling balls across and had a practice. Haven't juggled at length for ages.

Not so good news (not sure if I've mentioned it) is that the ex has been thrown out by his new fiancee and is trying to get another flat. So another new premises for the boys to get used to and presumably girlfriend number 7 for them to meet in a few weeks. :-S
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,962 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have been marking all day and barely been out but here goes

1. Finished the biggest pile of marking and most have passed
    2. Had a long bath this morning before starting the marathon
    3. Got washing dried on the line and have pretty much caught up holiday wash - it rained, but my trusty rotaire cover is coming into it's own.
    4. Another walk with OH after tea, calling on friends en route
    5. Visit to the dentist and no-one needed anything doing.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening all,

My five for today:

1. Sorting a really good picnic lunch/tea (including surprise lemon curd sandwiches which went down very well with DSs). Will type out the recipe, mhagster. :)

2. Spending a bit of today in the company of a baby with the most gorgeous smile who was being delighted at absolutely everything he found.

2. Getting home an hour earlier than planned because DS1's final coaching session of the day got cancelled :)

3. Unpacking the fruit and veg delivery as soon as we got home rather than delaying starting the evening routine. The fridge was empty ready for it, washing up was done and put away this morning, courtesy of the newly established rota :D so supper was easy to make in a clean and empty kitchen and we are up to date on the clothes washing so could unload the club sports kit straight into the machine to start the marathon wash. Tuesday nights used to be tough but I think we've cracked it - nobody lost their temper tonight!

5. Lovely crescent moon in a clear sky tonight.

Sleep well

B x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family